Profession Skill for High Lvl Crafted Items Reverted

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...93206856380416

"We have reverted yesterday's change to require Profession skill for using high iLvl crafted items. This will be a requirement on future items, but for now you should be able to again wear the crafted gear you've been using."

This will be a requirement on future items
    Ie, "we continue to not understand effective profession design in an MMO".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Ie, "we continue to not understand effective profession design in an MMO".
    More a case of "This was intended but people complained too much so we reverted it for current gear so people stop complaining."
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

It's a reasonable compromise. They clearly didn't want players to be able to drop professions but keep wearing the BOP gear, which is why you won't be able to go going forward. At the same time, they didn't want to punish players who spent the last month not realizing they needed to either swap professions or replace their crafted piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    More a case of "This was intended but people complained too much so we reverted it for current gear so people stop complaining."
    More like they didn't announce this shit and they got the backlash they deserved.
    PTR and betas are fucking useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    More like they didn't announce this shit and they got the backlash they deserved.
    PTR and betas are fucking useless.
    I guess because I've been maining a 70 twink for so long, I've gotten used to this. (PvE speaking. Raids get nerfed and buffed, procs on some items change, bosses suddenly gain or lose hp / damage, stuff like that. All unanounced. Profession changes are part of this.)
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

A better alternative would be to make the crap BoE so the profession isn't crap. Maybe when we go to Sea World later my LW's dive suits will become more useful.

Yet another spot Blizzard could learn from other games, ones that do professions SO much better, WoW professions are trash because they refuse to give them useful gear.

The thing is, it has been this way before if I remember correctly. Whereas you could only wear it if you have the profession. It was that way for a reason. But when they bring in these new devs and new ideas, no one seems to be looking back and learning from their predecessors mistakes and just making the same ones over and over