Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Outgrowing" anythin is just such a stupid term, if you enjoy something you can do it no matter your age.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I've outgrown raiding and pvp styles where you must dedicate yourself for extended periods of time. But for gaming absolutely not I just tend to play more console and app games now. Where quick missions and storyline driven games allow me to enjoy it at a more "adult" pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, bfa is just shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    "Outgrowing" anythin is just such a stupid term, if you enjoy something you can do it no matter your age.
    hm i would say like this - for many people "outgrowing" means different things.

for me personaly it meant that i have way more interesting things to do irl then to spend this time playing game (and in case of wow - i rather do stuff irl then raid)

i still play wow but im extremly limited due to IRL. and i feel good about it.

IRL > WoW - simple like this.

some people though are stuck in their teenage phase forever - thats why they value WoW way above life . they are way to far gone to ever return . thats why they hate people who could let go with such passion .

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Has anybody felt this way? Nostalgic with a tinge of grief because the game became a part of your identity in some sort of way?
    Yes, I've noticed this recently. I've played since vanilla and being online, even if I wasn't doing anything but running around, was fun for me and I did it day after day. These days, even though I no longer raid and focus instead on arenas, after 1 queue session lasting about an hour, I lose motivation to go searching for another group or just running around. I simply close the game at that point and come back later.

I don't see this as a reflection of the game's current state. I feel like this would have happened to me regardless. I see it as just part of getting older. I still love this game, and it'll always have a special place in the world of gaming, but I'm not 18 anymore

I did for awhile there as after Rift I did not play any MMO's for a few years. Now the monthly sub is so minimal in my view and the freshness of the content after being gone for so long makes it feel like a different game.

I tell people if you feel burned out it is because you are and there is nothing wrong with taking a break. It is considered healthy.

I started playing WoW in 2009. I have maintained a full time raid spot up until this xpac. Since 2009, I've established a foothold in my industry, had a few kids, got married, still make time for my IRL buds, hunt and fish with family, and still have time to slay internet dragons a couple nights a week (raiding) and can play a casually throughout the week.

My point is, I have not outgrown gaming and my taste have not evolved beyond WoW - WoW just sucks at the moment. I still want to no-life it and dive head first in to the content. The content just isn't worth it, unfortunately.

Also...

Thanks to BFA I have broken my addiction and don't feel forced to play WoW anymore. I am actually playing other games. Thanks Blizzard!
    This is hilarious and I can relate. I actually dusted off the PS4 and started making time for a few titles. I feel like WoW addiction is a legit thing and Blizzard just cured a massive portion of their customers with this xpac.
    Last edited by Hellborne87; 2019-01-02 at 03:40 PM.
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

10+ Year Old Account
    I have different interests and priorities now outside of WoW and gaming in general so in a sense I have "outgrown" them. I still enjoy the game but I don't play all day, every day anymore or skip sleep to play like I did when I was a teen

15+ Year Old Account
    My taste in games has completely joined the side of strategy/sim. I have to have like simulator levels of interaction in my game, otherwise I don't really want to play it. RTS, RTT, Path of Exile, Fallout 4 modded to be hardcore, etc, etc.

Most of my gameplay hours are in strategy/sim games.

WoW is like toddler tiddlywinks, smash your mouth into the keys to succeed. I think the hardest contents I ever did in WoW were push for HWL, the mage tower, hardmode Freya, Prince Malch in Kara pre-nerf, Tribute to Insanity 10 man, push to 2k in 2v2 in Wrath, etc, etc, so mostly vanilla, TBC, wrath. The game went super omega casual after that.

I kinda did. I mean... WoW was NEVER a perfect game for ME in all reality, but it was also the game that many things did great. Thing is as time is passing by the game keeps losing ANY sort of direction it would go after. It tries it all and fails at all of them.
    WoW and whole MMO genre was some kind of "second life in fantasy simulator".
    I didn't like feeling I'd have to do stuff I don't like because Ill miss forever on something.

Yeah, its old bloated with clutter game with no direction and it feels like no desire from developers to sort out stuff. They are just sh!tting out random crap to milk out dying copse of a game.

I haven't outgrown it but the amount of content isn't there to keep me subscribed for months on end anymore. I always come back at the beginning of a new expansion/towards the end of one to check everything out.

It's hard to justify a monthly subscription to a game that releases new content every 4-5 months and continues to remove features whereas free games like PoE has no cost and releases multiple expansions a year while keeping all the best features from previous leagues.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    30 here, I've been playing WoW since I was in High School and recently haven't been much into it. I am, however, still playing other games regularly. Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, Starcraft 2, Grim Dawn, and occasionally other games like Terraria, FFXIV, and more.

It's one thing being tired of the game than having it hold back your goals and aspirations. If it's holding back your goals and aspirations you either 1) need to learn how to balance work and life to accommodate how you want to live, 2) you're in a profession you love that just consumes your life (aka doctor, lawyer, military, etc.). Saying you need to leave the game to thrive in other areas of your life tells me you need to work on number 1 above. I don't know you very well, so I'm assuming obviously, but I'd have the same feedback for anyone who allowed the game to consume and effect their personal lives. It is just a game, and you can play through mythic content on a very well balanced schedule.