Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Added Blingtrons to the listen of potential races to encounter.

Interesting idea for sure. Like how their could be more of the Nerubian Empire we did not get to see in Wotlk but this could give that a chance. Like @Briselody said only 2 other places for expansions left. Space and Shadowlands. So who knows where we will go for 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    and then it turns out the WoW world is flat and you fall into a void
    Azeroth-Chan is not flat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I brought this up with guild mates about 2 months ago and they all said they could see us going there

Yes please. It'll all start when we find a strange island with an absurdly deep hole in the center on one of our Island Expeditions...

Once I heard about Mechagon (the gnome dungeon), I started thinking that Tinkers would be the new Hero Class. But the only way to tie them into the new expansion would be to put them to use in some capacity, which is drilling underground. So, we have similar ideas, hehe. There is a lot still to be explored with the Nerubian empire below Northrend, and the azerite seeping into Silithus screams at a resurgences of the Ahn'Quiraj, but I'm not sure what else is going on underground in Azeroth to make a full expansion. Granted the current Lore in-game seems to be 1-2 patches before switching stories completely, so it's still a possibility. Maybe we have to go and rescue the Titan Azeroth from the center of the planet or something.

5+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea OP. It's quite an original theme for an xpac, and I trust the art team enough to pull it off. Zones might include places like Azjol-Nerub and Ahn' Khanet, that were cut off from WotLK - much to the devs' chagrin iirc. As a matter of fact, the files of an Alpha version of Azjol-Nerub are still lying there in the live client.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teSSu9aHSXc
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very sensible theme and concept. Underground civilizations, lost underground titan complexes, and underground continents would be pretty awesome. Also seems like a strong way to bring in Undermine and a Tinker class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought about a subterranean expac when we first got pics of Silithus’ new map, before the sword. The hole the sword is in looked like a giant sink hole leading us deeper.

I’m always down for nerubians!

I love this idea.

Edit: Sometimes I get bored at work, and try to think of ways that would make the next expansion interesting to me. I tend to focus on the mechanics and systems though. I've never thought about the story/setting. This sounds like something I would love. A lot of my favorite zones and instances have always involved going underground in some way.
    Last edited by JunkHead; 2018-12-28 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Yes, or a world revamp with sharding tech... some have suggested a Northrend revamp.
    It seems really unpopular but that could be interesting; an expansion set in the original continents which shows you how the world has changed over time. I guess people hated that about WoD, but it was one of my favorite parts. Alas, we'll probably get something more like what you're suggesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like you read my mind, Nomads. I've been wanting underground Azeroth content since Azjol-Nerub was cut as a zone from Wrath of the Lich King - had a couple ideas of my own about what might involve a trip to the underworld. lately I've seen more and more to convince me that we'll be going down there properly one day. If N'Zoth doesn't meet his end this expansion, then I'm pretty sure he'll be breaking loose of wherever he's locked up and burrowing down into Azeroth's depths, if he doesn't do that this expansion. In any case, I can imagine that we'll be making a trip down to Azeroth's heart to protect the worldsoul from whatever corruption N'Zoth might unleash.

I've also had pretty much the same thoughts regarding the visuals of an underground realm - some Hollow Earth style stuff, like a jungle at the center of the world warmed by the worldsoul acting like an interior magical sun. Giant caves filled with crystal and fungi and bloodstone, magma caverns like the molten core, more of Azjol-Nerub's ruins... there's all kinds of fantasy underground environments that could be created. I was pretty impressed with the painted environmental skyboxes of the Argus zones, and something like that would work perfectly to give life to the 'skies' of an underground region. Encountering more Old God/Void corruption as you go deeper is pretty inspired - reminds me of the elevator in the Tomb of Sargeras that went down through layer after layer of Azeroth's crust.

Deleted
    Yes, that is what I suggested before as well and it could culminate with the discovery of the other side of azeroth.
    Though I want to point out that I don't think the void lords have been properly introduced in wow yet. The old gods are still the biggest void threats, and going underground to finish them off for good is definitely plausable and can climax in the reveal of the void lord threat. I like the theme and I really want the tinker class.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont hate the idea, but Tinker is a trash idea and will never happen, what we need is a Mail tank class that isnt already a profession in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i dont hate the idea, but Tinker is a trash idea and will never happen, what we need is a Mail tank class that isnt already a profession in the game
    The Tinker is already happening, we just can’t play it (yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with tinkers. There's an obvious distinction between engineering gadgets and actual high-technology battle gear. Lorewise matching up the advanced tech of the world's races against the eldritch horror of the Void makes for some interesting contrast.

Is it too.late to ask Blizzard for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the expansion that I'm betting on. Makes sense given the nature of the Old Gods and their infection being rooted in the center of Azeroth. In addition, it ties Undermine into it (supposedly there's an Old God beneath Undermine) which in turn ties in the Tinker class.

Not to mention that underground Azeroth would be something new and unexplored. Concepts like A'zjol Nerub could also be incorporated into such an expansion.