Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    I don't even understand why this is posted as a part of a news. It's been known since Blizzcon back in November.
    Because people are just that dumb. Same thing happened in Legion when people complained about how lazy the art team was with the Tomb of Sargeras tier gear when Ion said at Blizzcon that the gear would be a throw-back to Tier 6.

Well, dumb and the fact they're addicted to bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post

Blizzcon 2016
    Thats almost like the panel that showed horde players could make zandilari warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    They will never give a hard release date until closer to patch launch because that would be stupid. Fans already take everything said as a promise, so if they gave a date and had to push it back fans would also be ravenously angry. This is typical of them since forever so why are you surprised?
    This guy (or gal) gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroglin View Post
    Your line of reasoning would make sense if I got access to Kul Tiran Humans after I saved their entire island from not one, not two but three existential threats. Or after I helped probably the most powerful mage in Azeroth actualize her rightful claim to the Lord Admiralty, and assisted her in finding and returning the lost Kul Tiran fleet, basically returning their most prized military resource. If The Kul Tirans joined my ranks at that time, then you would have a point lore wise. But no they will join my ranks after I drag their asses into our war with the Horde. That makes total sense. It’s like “hey thanks for saving us from these evil forces trying to destroy and or seize control of us through evil politics and/or dark magic and uniting our people and returning the pillar of our military might, but you can go fuck yourself. Oh wait you want to use us as cannon fodder in a war you brought to our shores? That is the kind of talk that gets our loyalty.”
    Sometimes your friend turns into a best friend once you get into some crazy shit together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Zandalaris are debatable.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, the assault on Dazar'alor is made BY the Kul'tirans, so that's a kind of sign they're already allied with the Alliance right ?
    They can still be reserved in joining the faction but still have a desire to help attack a group of monsters that killed their beloved Kul'tirans those many years ago. Think of it as WWI and they're still in the pre-war stage leading up to the Assassination of Archduke Ferdinand of Austria in Sarajevo. Well now Russia and Serbia fucked up by killing Rastakhan and they're going to have to fight. No matter what, even if the Horde and Alliance mysteriously backed out and completely left the isles, the Zandalari will stop at nothing to kill every last Kul'tiran to avenge their dead king.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    "Hey guys, you know the allied race that is either wary of you or doesn't have any legit reason to join your faction at the start of the expansion? Well we're gonna just let you play them from the start because fuck trying to be a little bit consistent with the rest of the allied races on being just that, ALLIED RACES. That term alone would at least hint or indicate that they're not immediately part of the faction and you have to gain their trust and respect for them to want to join up with you, like an ALLY. Since there's no serious reason until AFTER an entire siege of one of the allied races' capital with the help of the OTHER allied race, we'll just say screw the rules and let you do it from the start."
    Imagine giving a lore reason to gate content in 2k19 WoW.

Remember when you could play new races at a start of an expansion? Mhhhh, the good old times. But then came Activision and she said: "time gating there shall be!" And time gating there was.

They will never give a hard release date until closer to patch launch because that would be stupid. Fans already take everything said as a promise, so if they gave a date and had to push it back fans would also be ravenously angry. This is typical of them since forever so why are you surprised?
    They need to be accountable for what they say, defending them let's them know you are ok with getting fucked around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They need to be accountable for what they say, defending them let's them know you are ok with getting fucked around.
    In some respects, yes. But literally every game ever has had things get pushed back, cut, and what have you. Sure Zandalari got pushed back to the next patch, but instead we got Mag'har to fill the gap. It sucks sure, but that how game development is sometimes and you have to accept that, either that or be prepared for them to stop communication all together if the fanbase begins to have unrealistic expectations (which they often do).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Imagine giving a lore reason to gate content in 2k19 WoW.

Remember when you could play new races at a start of an expansion? Mhhhh, the good old times. But then came Activision and she said: "time gating there shall be!" And time gating there was.
    Imagine at one point in your life that you were able to comprehend and understand the difference between a NEW RACE and an ALLIED RACE. Allied being that you bring in a variant of a currently existing race into the fold but that's after doing their attunement. You know attunements right? That one thing that all the Classic fans love to froth with joy over?

Instead you're getting your rep up with a race and gaining their help. Now, if these were featured as new races altogether (say Draenai and Blood Elves were being released instead) and they weren't immediately available I would understand and share your frustration. But they're not. They're trolls and humans. Variants of trolls and humans. Variants of trolls and humans that you, as a main faction race character, go to their land and start shit up on and bring them into the fold so they eventually have no choice BUT to join your group.

Oh and before you try to argue "But the Panderan were able to join at the start and yet we went to their land and started war" I will inform you on the timeline of events since I don't think you're capable of deciphering it yourself.

" Shortly after the Cataclysm ravaged Azeroth, the protective mists surrounding Pandaria dissipated, and before long, Alliance and Horde warships arrived on the continent, causing the native pandaren to become involved in the conflict between the two factions. Around roughly the same time, an Alliance gunship carrying Horde prisoners crashed into the side of the Wandering Isle, and shortly thereafter pandaren followers of the Tushui and Huojin disciplines decided to leave their home to swear allegiance to the Alliance king and Horde Warchief, respectively. "

Source - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Pandaren
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Imagine at one point in your life that you were able to comprehend and understand the difference between a NEW RACE and an ALLIED RACE.
    Sure that is totaly the reason.

Allied race is just a made up word by blizzard so they can force feed us rep grinds and time gated boring shit.

Stop defending shitty business practices you fanbois.

Finally they buff bursting. I've been waiting for this change for months. Thank you blizzard!

In some respects, yes. But literally every game ever has had things get pushed back, cut, and what have you. Sure Zandalari got pushed back to the next patch, but instead we got Mag'har to fill the gap. It sucks sure, but that how game development is sometimes and you have to accept that, either that or be prepared for them to stop communication all together if the fanbase begins to have unrealistic expectations (which they often do).
    I know what you are saying but most people you ask we're under the impression we were getting them a lot sooner. For people like me and my wife we were planning the expansion around them.

At this point, they need to gate N'Zoth / Azshara til next expansion. And go all SoO with Dazar Drogbar or whatever the new raid is called. Focus on a GOOD 9.0 Bli$$. Stop wasting dev time on Beta for Azeroth.

I would whiteknight it

This people are playing with other people life span. They make us wait 3 years for a new race.

when youll be in fact able to play it there will be no content left to try them out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    And they changed plans, and made clear since NINE MONTHS AGO that said plans had changed. I mean, it's not like people couldn't of fucking known.
    "How the heck can people watch a huge expac reveal at Blizzcon but not read every patch note or one off blue posts like meee"

I know riiiight? How unbelievably stupid of them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I’m well aware, but the game was still in development and things change - as is the case with several other things before. When I say “original” plan, what I mean is I'm going to move the goal posts so I'm technically not wrong. Phew, that was a close one.
    Mmmokay then. Sure.

Blizzcon 2016
    Ahahah, didn't remember this one =)

"How the heck can people watch a huge expac reveal at Blizzcon but not read every patch note or one off blue posts like meee"

I know riiiight? How unbelievably stupid of them!

- - - Updated - - -

Mmmokay then. Sure.
    they've also said it on many times after that as well, so yeah, how stupid of them, if they didn't know
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wouldn’t tuning it Lower be part of balancing? Like in legion they just turned off stuff like trickets this isn’t quite the same.
    I argue that it isn't if EVERYTHING goes down by the same percent, the imbalances from one item will be kept equal to this other item, the it is the same relatively.

after this pvp nerf i expect a complete overhaul of the azerith trait system in 8.2.

and one thing is super clear..

this system dont survive to 9.0!

maybe this is the return of the t-set system? i hope

My reply is simple

Been 2800/Multi-glad myself and honestly I am glad they're just basically getting rid of the traits in PvP.

Competitive PvP should have absolutely nothing to do with gear. It shouldn't be about 'who's the the bigger stick' or 'who's stick is sharper' or whatever analogy you wanna spin on this. The best player(s) should be the ones who win. Not the most lucky who happened to high roll a piece or happened to get best in slot items and traits that make them stupidly overpowered.

I get what Blizzard was trying to do to help make classes feel more 'whole' with the Azerite traits to replace the Artifact Weapons from Legion. But the fact of the matter is? Everyone had access to the same picking options for traits in Legion. The only difference was Artifact Power. And after a certain point it didn't make a difference weather you were at 10 concordance in Legion arena or if you were at 30 since it was scaled in arena.

Where-as with the current system it's all RNG / highrolling / lowrolling.

I am not defending Blizzard, I think the game is currently BEYOND dreadful but I think this is a decent step in the right direction. Though it is moderately concerning that it seems like Blizzard is essentially just 'flipping the board' and saying "I give up" and tossing this lazy solution onto the PvP community. I can only hope that they try to do better in the future.