Optimising herb gathering

Hello. Just about to do a fair bit of herb collecting and I've been meaning to make a thread for awhile about optimizing my gathering. Basically just wondering if there are any addons you use that improve the experience.

My optimizations:

Herb enchant on gloves & sky golem
    Farmhud - shows nodes in a large circle in the middle of your screen. I love this because it means I don't have to look up at my small minimap all the time.
    Gathermate - I'm sure most of you know this. I believe it just records places where you've picked a herb.

Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Hello. Just about to do a fair bit of herb collecting and I've been meaning to make a thread for awhile about optimizing my gathering. Basically just wondering if there are any addons you use that improve the experience.

My optimizations:

Farmhud - shows nodes in a large circle in the middle of your screen. I love this because it means I don't have to look up at my small minimap all the time.
    Gathermate - I'm sure most of you know this. I believe it just records places where you've picked a herb.

Thanks.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=7349/herbalists-gloves
    is also good for herbing, if you are anything leather and up

other then that i think you have it all man.
    also anglers raft is super good for crossing long distances of water if you want, better then ground mounts of all kinds, but yeah sky golem or lumber extractor is best way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Be tank specced, use skygolem and glove enchants. You can now run straight into groups of mobs and pick herbs and ride away without getting dismounted. You can even pick herbs while being hit by mobs, just click the herb a couple of times and you will eventually pick it without being interrupted. Have some azerite trait that gives some healing over time and you'll never have to stop.

I found being a Blood DK with Skygolem and glove enchant to be a solid solution, until we get flying at least.

Blood is a tank and will not get dismounted by mobs, nor dazed
    DK has increased mount speed
    Skygolem allows herbalism while mounted without consumables
    glove enchant for quicker collection

This will let you gather herb pretty quickly and you can even gather herbs right next to mobs without any need to dismount.

AutoLootPlus for faster looting

Guardian Druid > all
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I like taking the portal from Boralus to Silithus, dropping a Darkmoon Seesaw and getting shrunk for 30 minutes before herbing because I can see pollen on trees easier. Also, i turn enemy nameplates off and triple click every herb when i am in range which seems to always loot it immediately even if i have some aggro.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Look for an addon called Routes. This together with Farmhud is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by wyzebum View Post
    Look for an addon called Routes. This together with Farmhud is excellent.
    Thanx, I'll definitely try

Not bad, I did not even know about it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post

My optimizations:

Thanks.
    multi boxing

I usually start professions after I have a flying mount