Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    They don't want chaining dungeons to be the most practical method of obtaining reputation.
    The team dont want this and the team dont want that... thats why in the end the team will be the only ones play wow. Get out of your bubble, you are making a game for gamers, you are not running a farm sinulator...

They don't want chaining dungeons to be the most practical method of obtaining reputation.

I want to be able to chain dungeons, because that's what interests me. This was possible in the most successful expansion, why get rid of it? Daily quests were introduced in Pandaland, it is kind of obvious how that affected subs. I feel like a crybaby, but still, this complete disregard of what people enjoy, and pushing them in their own made up directions against their will... is just upsetting. And the only thing I can do is not resub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except you're espousing the idea that changes of gameplay/UI elements, like character levels, affects/is affected by the lore, which is just objectively false. If Blizzard did a level squish tomorrow, and the max level was reduced from 120 to, say, 60, my character would not be any less "experienced" in the lore (as in, life experiences) than it was prior to the level squish. Just like your character did not become any weaker, in the lore, when the stat squish happened, or when the level scaling was introduced.
    and you just dont see that to me, in my opinion it takes away from the RP side of the game, which could be avoided if they made lore reasons for it. Breaking the RP and immersion is bad for the game for me, one of the main reasons i barely play now is how the world scaling kills so much of the character growth and power to me.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    What, Ashara's Palace? Name dropped the next raid?
    that was dropped last Blizzcon...

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    and you just dont see that to me, in my opinion it takes away from the RP side of the game, which could be avoided if they made lore reasons for it. Breaking the RP and immersion is bad for the game for me, one of the main reasons i barely play now is how the world scaling kills so much of the character growth and power to me.
    Good lord, you're being very obtuse about this. Levels don't exist to the character. Things like the artifact weapons did, so they needed an in-game reason why they were going away. Your character's relative power level does not change with a level squish. There is no in-game reason to explain a meta game mechanic.

If this is the way you approach the game, it must be so stressful. What are servers? Why can you only have one DH on one? How can you kill a thing and then go kill it again the next week? And how come you can't kill it again before that? What does your character look like with all those backpacks that fit dozens of full sets of plate armor? Does your character see the chat box? When they say something in a party, why can't anyone else around them hear what they're saying?

Some years ago we had to go to a trainer to learn all of our spells. Now we don't. No lore reason was given because none was needed. You can make up all the headcanon you want as to why, but don't act like it's not utter insanity to insist in-game reasons are needed to justify meta changes, in the face of all of the above instances, and many more.
    No wonder you're a bleeding heart statist who abhors freedom. You're an artist.

10+ Year Old Account
    and you just dont see that to me, in my opinion it takes away from the RP side of the game, which could be avoided if they made lore reasons for it.
    There are no reason, whatsoever, to "make lore reasons" for a stat squish or a level squish, because "item levels" and "character levels" do not exist in the lore. That's like saying Blizzard must find a way to "make lore reasons" when they add a game feature, like widescreen support and HD character models.

Breaking the RP and immersion is bad for the game for me, one of the main reasons i barely play now is how the world scaling kills so much of the character growth and power to me.
    If it breaks immersion for you, I'm sorry, but, again, "character levels" are not something that exists in the lore. And just to counter your anecdotal evidence with another, equally anecdotal evidence, it really breaks immersion for me when my character is able to kill previously powerful monsters, like stone giants, dragons, and Old Gods, with just one or two swings of his sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Taus View Post
    Good lord, you're being very obtuse about this. Levels don't exist to the character. Things like the artifact weapons did, so they needed an in-game reason why they were going away. Your character's relative power level does not change with a level squish. There is no in-game reason to explain a meta game mechanic.

If this is the way you approach the game, it must be so stressful. What are servers? Why can you only have one DH on one? How can you kill a thing and then go kill it again the next week? And how come you can't kill it again before that? What does your character look like with all those backpacks that fit dozens of full sets of plate armor? Does your character see the chat box? When they say something in a party, why can't anyone else around them hear what they're saying?

Some years ago we had to go to a trainer to learn all of our spells. Now we don't. No lore reason was given because none was needed. You can make up all the headcanon you want as to why, but don't act like it's not utter insanity to insist in-game reasons are needed to justify meta changes, in the face of all of the above instances, and many more.
    its my opinion on what makes the game fun and immersive but let me look at your specific questions..

1) servers = alt realities most are unknown to my toon and the one time i did transfer it was explained in her story as an arcane accident taking a portal.
    2) Never had a reason to make more than one of any class so non-issue
    3) always viewed the first kill as the real kill and the others killing the shade of said enemy.. i even wish that was in the game tbqh for all named mobs after the first kill it was "shade of xyz"
    4) shades take time to re-gather their energies between kills
    5) magical bags of holding so appear small but hold a lot and reduce the weight of anything put in them (it is a world with magic after all)
    6) chat - no they hear what is said as a group of people talking

so to me it would be better they are free to do as they wish and if it lowers my enjoyment of game as it has done i will just play less and less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    There are no reason, whatsoever, to "make lore reasons" for a stat squish or a level squish, because "item levels" and "character levels" do not exist in the lore. That's like saying Blizzard must find a way to "make lore reasons" when they add a game feature, like widescreen support and HD character models.

If it breaks immersion for you, I'm sorry, but, again, "character levels" are not something that exists in the lore. And just to counter your anecdotal evidence with another, equally anecdotal evidence, it really breaks immersion for me when my character is able to kill previously powerful monsters, like stone giants, dragons, and Old Gods, with just one or two swings of his sword.
    there are reasons you just don't agree which is fine... and if that breaks immersion for you then its good for you the game is moving away from that. To me that adds to immersion again difference of opinions

Once again a vapid Q&A devoid of any real meat.
    Fun and Enjoyment
    • The team has no incentive to create content that is not fun just to pad subscription numbers.
    • People tend to fixate on the Activitision investor lingo but this is not what the team focuses on when creating content.
    • The team values how engaged the community is and how often they are logging in to do content. They want to create content based on feedback and community response.
    • There are many different play styles and ways people enjoy the game. What works for some people doesn't always work for others.
    Utter crap.
    I do not believe it is a coincidence that the free 3 hour play time and new toys are made available so close the the 1/4 margin call;.
    Too me this is further evidence of that the game is not developed with fun in mind rather it is driven with a purely financial imperative; "we gotta boost these numbers" comes at the expense of player enjoyment.
    Also the feedback and community response line is just insulting, they probably believe that the only feedback the need is an internal meeting where they pat each other on the back and work out how to move ways to increase time online by time gating, reducing and/or removing conveniences that have turned this once wonderful game into an un-enjoyable world that just feels punishing.

Stat Importance
    • Starting in Legion, the ratio of stats on gear shifted more to primary stats as you progress further into the end game.
    • The team doesn't want secondary stats to be perfectly equal for classes so there is some decision making and enjoyment from seeing good stats on gear, but they want the gaps between secondary stat importance to be narrow.
    In MoP there was reforging that gave players greater control of their stats, it did not allow anyone to totally change each and every stat but it did allow players to tweak the stats to better match their desired play style, but once again Bizz knows exactly how players must have fun.
    Once again player agency is bad, do what we say is fun whether you like it or not.

Allied Races
    • There are no new Allied Races in Rise of Azshara.
    • The team is listening to community feedback for what people want to play and will announce Allied races where it makes sense with the story.
    • There could be the ability to repeat Allied Race quests in the future.
    I always believed that allied races should unlock further customisation to the base race, eg. tauren could then use the higmountain customising options. This would still require playing through a long ass story line with a bizarre amount of quests to unlock; if new allied races keep getting added there will be an absurd amount of "slightly similar races".
    I would rather see new races other than just re-skinning existing races.

Levelling

• Levelling needs help. 120 is a big number and giving a reward at every level would be overwhelming and impractical.
    • The team has heavily discussed a level squish lately. They want community feedback on if losing levels would feel bad even if they could give more valuable rewards at every level in the levelling process.
    Once again this is a problem that they created themselves.
    Their decision to nerf the hell out of heirlooms and introduce level scaling mobs was done to increase on line numbers and/or buy boosts.
    Cash driven development at the cost of player enjoyment.

Classic and Old Design Philosophies
    • The team wants to put the emphasis of community back into WoW.
    • With that said, they also don't want to make people feel like they can't play without other people.
    Guilds and Communities
    • Certain guild features were lost in the transition of integrating communities into the Battle.net platform. The team is working and listening to feedback to bring back what is missed most.
    Player community has been on the slide from BC onwards.
    For me the removal of restrictions of one faction on per server decimated faction pride; reduced times on hearths from 1 hour allowed players to simply hearth out when danger was coming rather than finding other players to help out; sharding and cross realm play remove all reasons to keep a good reputation on your server; guild levelling and guild bonuses fundamentally changed guilds from a group of friends to a guild hopping mess, the inundation of guild spamming when you created a new alt just to get the more guild gold and rep to unlock special heirloom items, pets, reps and tabards further diluted guild pride.
    The removal of granular guild controls just to force the new communities experiment is just disgraceful.

Two Sides to Every Tale Achievement
    • The team thought it would be a cool reward for people who saw both narratives. It isn't necessarily starting a trend to play both factions.
    Yet another example of devaluing server and faction pride.

Gold
    • The team did not like what Warlords and Legion did to the economy and tried to pull back in BfA. They have reintroduced gold rewards after some changes in the beginning of the expansion such as the emissary rewards.
    • The team wants repair and consumable costs to be easily done through normal game play.
    • Selling runs for gold has been going on since the game launched. It is much healthier for it to happen with in game currency over sketchy methods.
    • The team doesn't want the advertising of selling runs to dominate channels and group finder and have taken steps to try and stop it, but there is no way to stop it completely.
    Great, keep gold acquisition down while creating mounts that require millions to be bought; nothing to do with tokens at all; cash driven design yet again.

And then the stuff they kept silent on;
    • Class design and game play; they have just given up at this point; maybe next expansion?
    • Professions design, usefulness and game play; patterns gated behind pvp and solo content.
    • Flying, when dose it become available and under what conditions; just let me fly at level cap, simple.

It is heart breaking that a game that I still love has been broken down to a uninspiring, devoid of fun mess.
    Last edited by Walkerbo; 2019-03-24 at 10:22 AM.

Residuum vendors is joke when they change that to up to 355 item level items are now blue and many places you get those rewards and you do not get residuum from blue gear
    Last edited by vipers; 2019-03-24 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    Once again a vapid Q&A devoid of any real meat.
    Utter crap.
    I do not believe it is a coincidence that the free 3 hour play time and new toys are made available so close the the 1/4 margin call;.
    Too me this is further evidence of that the game is not developed with fun in mind rather it is driven with a purely financial imperative; "we gotta boost these numbers" comes at the expense of player enjoyment.
    How does introducing a free weekend reduce player's enjoyment? The fuck are you on about. That makes 0 sense.

In MoP there was reforging that gave players greater control of their stats, it did not allow anyone to totally change each and every stat but it did allow players to tweak the stats to better match their desired play style, but once again Bizz knows exactly how players must have fun.
    Once again player agency is bad, do what we say is fun whether you like it or not.
    The reason they got rid of reforging, is because they didn't like that when you got a piece of gear you couldn't use it immediately, since you had to go back to town and reforge it, enchant it, and gem it. I don't necessarily agree that the downsides outweighed the benefits, but they definitely didn't remove it because it was "fun".

Once again this is a problem that they created themselves.
    Their decision to nerf the hell out of heirlooms and introduce level scaling mobs was done to increase on line numbers and/or buy boosts.
    Cash driven development at the cost of player enjoyment.
    First of all, there was a portion of the community that wanted harder and longer leveling. The changes were to appease that crowd. Secondly, they nerfed leveling recently and now it's pretty fast. Thirdly, they even added an xp potion you can buy for your alts to make leveling faster, so really you have no ground to stand on in this regard.
    Yet another example of devaluing server and faction pride.
    So them adding a reward for experiencing all the content is a bad thing? What? It's optional... like you don't have to do it. And they themselves said that they aren't going to do it regularly so you won't be forced to keep up with the opposite faction going forward. It makes sense for this point in the story so that's why they're doing it.

I could keep going but honestly if you're subscribed I'd suggest you unsub and if you are unsubbed I'd suggest you stop coming to the WoW forums. It's clear you can't objectively judge what Blizzard is doing and all you do is see something you don't like as them trying to personally fuck you over.

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    though i personally believe BFA is fucking trash and have been unsubbed since late september, i definitely dont believe the whole team should be fired. They just need a change of direction.

I dont really care about Ion and Josh as personalities (as if they have any in these videos), but quite frankly the community right now, and especially those on twitter, are a bunch of fucking unnecessarily offensive twats, so anything Josh says about them (i dunno what it is, i have read it), is probably pretty fair.
    Totally agree with this +1 (love the wreck it ralph name btw)

Excellent thread. I got useful information from here. Thank you!

its my opinion on what makes the game fun and immersive but let me look at your specific questions..
    etc
    I missed this ... interesting ... reply.

The bottom line is you're making all this shit up. This is your own headcanon and you're acting surprised that we're not all along with you for the ride. No, they don't have to do any of those things. You'll either have to apply the same absolutely ASTOUNDING mental gymnastics to make it work for you, or not play the game. I respect your commitment to immersion, but you've spent years making a bunch of shit up to justify in-game mechanics to yourself and you've gotten lost in the rabbit hole. None of the examples that you cite actually exist in the game - they're just in your head - so why should the imaginary grid of level progression be any different.
    No wonder you're a bleeding heart statist who abhors freedom. You're an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Taus View Post
    I missed this ... interesting ... reply.

The bottom line is you're making all this shit up. This is your own headcanon and you're acting surprised that we're not all along with you for the ride. No, they don't have to do any of those things. You'll either have to apply the same absolutely ASTOUNDING mental gymnastics to make it work for you, or not play the game. I respect your commitment to immersion, but you've spent years making a bunch of shit up to justify in-game mechanics to yourself and you've gotten lost in the rabbit hole. None of the examples that you cite actually exist in the game - they're just in your head - so why should the imaginary grid of level progression be any different.
    of course i am? its the RP part of the game.. heck i even have a story for why my toons name is one character off from what it should be. I enjoy filling the blanks and writing (even its only in my head) stories for my characters. Even when barely playing there is a reason behind it for the toons story. Currently my toon is rotated out of the war after leading the charge, since i'm barely playing anymore.

i leveled my Orc War to 120 a few weeks back, well behind the start of things and was simply a tired old aging Orc still fighting to prove his worth. this is all how i enjoy game and a level squish hurts that.

I'll explain it away in my own RP back story just sucks when they could make it fit the game if they wanted to. I never said they had to just that they could and i wish they would.