Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Rep grinds for allied races are ridiculous, but they have to keep putting in time sinks for whatever deluded reason they made up. Tedium for it's own sake seems to be the mantra they're running with, and as long as people keep playing along with it, they'll deem it a success. Tying races to reps is just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    My frustration is that it demands involvement in both factions.

ARE YOU HORDE?! ARE YOU ALLIANCE?! CHOOSE YOUR FACTION THROUGH PRIDE AND POWER!

[*But play both, to get you up to date with our outputs.]

Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post

and ? what is bad about it ?

you want nice reward play the game.

else enjoy the basic races.

obtaining each race gives a nice feeling of accomplishing something once you get it .

dont get me wrong i understand that its frustrating but it important to have long term goals in game

I'm not even playing but I think it's pretty obnoxious. Especially since that isn't how new races have worked for the past 10 years.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durkstra View Post
    Hello,

I stopped playing in legion and didnt have the time to play bfa until now. But now i'm returning im kinda bumping into a huge wall to start playing again.

For me the thing i like most about bfa is the chance to play a zandalari troll, but as it is now i need to level tot 120 with another race first. And thats fine. I dont even mind the war campaign since that is just new story.

But what i do mind however is the endless reputation grind i need to do with 2 factions to unlock my zandalari trolls. This means i need to play something i dont want to just to play something i do want. And then theres the older allied races. I actually need to grind boring legion content to unlock those.

My opinion is here that blizzard should remove the reputation grind from the allied races and make them easier to get for returning / new players.

Is this something you agree on?
    I have 6 of 8 allied races unlocked and the heritage armor of 4 of those. And I don't think there's anything wrong with giving us tons of new races and saying, hey, we need to win these guys over to our sides. Its a nice thing to work toward, IMO, and one of the few truly rewarding things in BFA that isn't left to miserable amounts of RNG.

That doesn't appeal to the instant gratification crowd, but maybe spend less time complaining and more time playing, and stuff would unlock faster.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and ? what is bad about it ?
    That a committed player to one particular faction, one that sees a race that he or she likes but it's on the other faction, will be frustrated by the non-obvious time needed in order to try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah, if you want to do like 20 world quests DAILY nonstop, which to everyone isn't fun. I'm not saying I'm in favor of the rep grind removal, but I'm definitely in favor of a rep grind relax on it. I've enjoyed BfA but I feel all I've done is rep grinding, and it's making me a little numb. Yeah, it feels nice when I get a sense of accomplishment unlocking the races, but the cyclical grinding is getting redundant, and that has nothing to do with the game, just this one aspect of it. This really should look at alternative unlock methods, like completing the entire story of Kul'tiras and War Campaign should have been enough to unlock the KT's without having to fill up a rep bar to exalted. Between Loremaster of Kul'tiras, Tides of Vengeance, and Pride of Kul'tiras, that is damn enough to have earned something. Granted most people were likely exalted with Proudmoore Admirality anyway, that's just an example.

Not EVERY race needs to be hidden behind a rep grind, switch it up with achievements/stories, or even raids/dungeons. That way people won't complain about rep grinding, and will be encouraged to run other content.

Hell, how cool would it be if an allied race tied to the war story had to be unlocked after winning "X" amount of battlegrounds?

Or unlock Broken by completing Timewalking Black Temple during BC TW?
    I would personally hate the idea of races locked behind BGs or TWing raids. The last time I ran a BG like 30% of the people in it were AFK or just numlock running into walls. The idea of being forced to rely those kind of lazy shitheads for MY allied races = no thank you.

While I agree that the rep grinds aren't always fun, they are a universal thing that pretty much any player can work toward. And most of the requirements fall squarely under 2 of the very things you're suggesting: achievements and stories.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

No, remain the rep grind.
    If you want it then work toward it.

Ppl complain alrdy that everything is to easy to get in the game so keep barriers to rewards and keep value of the rewards.
    Remove the barriers and the rewards stop having any meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post

Races don't bother me as much, because if you're die hard horde, you will never play as kul tiran, etc.

Worse part is stuff like pets / toys / mounts that are faction specific to obtain, but cross faction to use. You can use them on horde char, but only if you grinded them first on alliance char. And vice versa.

Having the races tied to "wait 5 days" mechanics seems like a pretty bad idea. Especially because world quests (and especially legion world quests) are probably the most boring content in the game. Not really what I would want my new/returning customers to really engage with because they want the cool new shiny thing from the box text.

It would be much more motivating to tie them to something you can actually keep working on until you have it unlocked. But I guess it is what it is.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

As I see it, the problem is not the grid itself, but the target audience that is descouraged by it. Regular players get the rep farm automatically by playing the damn game. Those who cry about the rep, are people who are back into the game after having paused for some time and one of the reasons to get back was one of the new AR.
    Now you can cry "you have to work for it" as much as you want, as someone who played WoD from the start, but again:
    1. You got them automatically by just playing the game. You don't even had to aim for it, just do all the quests that are there for your faction and do emmissary's every day and you unlock the introduction quest no matter if you want it or not.
    2. AR is an expansion feature that was sold us as such. You payed money, got access to new continent, got higher level cap, got access to AR.
    You all would sing a different song if next time we had actually do a stupid quest and rep grind to unlock the new continent or unlock higher level cap in an add-on we already bought.

As someone who has a lvl 110 at best right now, catching up to 6 months of "by the way" progression, only THEN to start a new character, is descouraging and maybe even not worth it. That's a lost customer there.

So, while as a regular players, I am barely touched by the rep requirements to unlock the AR, I do see a flaw in the system, regarding returning players. Imho, AR should have been accessable by everybody from the start, the rep requirements should have been there to unlock a quest that shows more story of the said race and reward you with the Heritage Armor.
    Last edited by RyudoTFO; 2019-03-25 at 06:57 PM.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Id rather see more avenues open up to help with the grind, having to do an extra 400 WQ in the zone which are the same as the leveling quests is pretty shit.