Questions regarding DK’s

So, basically brand new to WoW, played a hunter to 80 in Wrath 9ish years ago. Came back a month ago and now just hit 120 with my UH DK. Open to speccing to Frost but I get no joy from tanking so Blood is out.

My question is, should I just re-roll a new toon since according to posts here, any upper level instance runs are out? Not really playing it to be the BEST but to continue to progress and have fun.

Thoughts?!?

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a good example of how misleading the community can be.

The "upper level instance runs" people are referring to are anal retentive nerd ragers who require psychopathic levels of raid and group composition in order to climb a ladder of insignificance, such as raider.io score and world first attempts.

If you're good, you'll be invited to all other types of content excluding what I just mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindieselwalker View Post
    So, basically brand new to WoW, played a hunter to 80 in Wrath 9ish years ago. Came back a month ago and now just hit 120 with my UH DK. Open to speccing to Frost but I get no joy from tanking so Blood is out.

My question is, should I just re-roll a new toon since according to posts here, any upper level instance runs are out? Not really playing it to be the BEST but to continue to progress and have fun.

Thoughts?!?
    Not sure to understand your question tbh. But if that can help, you can try a demon hunter since you can start leveling it from lvl 100 or something.

If you enjoy it keep playing. If not, swap.
    It's not the strongest spec atm, but you can still clear all content on it. Maybe not as a world first, but that's very few who can so don't aim for it.
    There will always be a "strongest" spec/class and if you always aim to play the strongest you will be swapping every patch.

Thoughts?!?
    Speaking as a DK main since Wrath that played actively in each expansion:

I would suggest for you to not worry about "getting into groups" if that is your concern. I never had a problem getting into random M +2-13s or heroic raids whenever I wanted.
    If you are trying to push +15-20 Ms or mythic cutting edge raiding, YES being a DK (and a DK that only prefers to play dps on top of that) could limit your options and get you locked out of that part of the game but as I understand from your text, that is not what you are looking for.

Me personally, don't enjoy DK as I used to and know for years that blizzard doesn't like the class or would ever treat it like a rogue/mage/warr/lock which even get a pity hotfix/buff whenever they cry on the forums for the most minuscule things.. The fact that even getting a PVP defensives that help us survive and be decent comes at a trade off with our already lacking mobility when we have no immunity CDs shows how little they care for the class. Historically since cata we have never been at the top of the meters for 2 consecutive patches because whenever we were on the top, we got nerfed (or even worse nerfed + outscaled) on the next patch so it is an enjoy it while it lasts class.

Not going too far into tanking since you don't like it but it is one of my fav tank specs with unique utility and high self sustainability + huge solo potential.

If you like the melee gameplay, but have concerns about DK, I suggest trying out a DH. They already start at lvl 100 so don't have to do too much leveling. Only has one dps spec to worry about and that spec is as easy as it gets to play already. On top of that, you have an aoe stun, single target chaos stun that doesn't DR if you opt into, aoe dispell (on horde), single target on offensive dispell, good aoe/st damage, high mobility + double jump and glide is addictive.

Thoughts?!?
    I am just a casual player. Casual since I don't do progression raiding (7/24) nor do I explicit push mythic+ keys for rating.
    I play BfA season2 as unholy and it is as bad as you maybe read in postings everywhere. There is no suggar coating to that.

It doesnt matter what gear you have:

or what experience you got in mythic+

basicly every meta class with 1 week or maybe 2 weeks of playtime and gear (405ish) will get choosen instead of you playing a death knight.

Unholy is fun to play and with the current best traits (FM, MofD, HC) it does some good DPS numbers in specific situations, but the high reliance on the pulls means you will be just mediocre in most PUG's. You got zero utility, moving 1 target with grip is worthless, when there are many other abilitys to do the same with multiple of targets. The lack of real survival/utility cooldowns for yourself or your group is what players see in unholy. Unholys slow-ramp up / planing for AoE is really hurting the class, since the average unholy player will have a hard time to compete with simple classes doing better numbers without any reliance on the pulls/tank/group and that is what PUG's see.

If you like the class, play it. You will not be first choice for anything, but this is an MMO and all the competitive mini games in it are meaingless in the end. Its just about your personal fun.
    -