My idea for a future Alliance race

Instead of getting boring reskinned gnomes, alliance should get pygmy's. They are a perfect race to go up against horde vulpera. What yall think? Pygmy are short similar to vulpera, they have a unique appearance, they have a capital city in uldum, they got camels, hyenas, turtles as mounts and sultan oogah could be the racial leader. I love their merchant/trader lifestyles and they would be direct competition against the vulpera.

The Pygmies are currently independent and this is by far the perfect opportunity for the alliance to reach out to them. The alliance also need a foothold in kalimdor and uldum going to alliance is a good thing.

Come on guys, you know that you would rather play as pygmy than those boring reskinned gnomes!
    Last edited by gurutikka; 2019-06-16 at 10:10 AM.

Well, Pygmy's are reskinned Goblins, and share a common ancestor with those.

They also don't really qualify as an Alliance race. An Alliance race has to be able to conform to their framework. It needs to have a similar culture, an unrepulsive appearance, or share the same faith. I don't think Pygmy's qualify.

They are a savage race, with a culture at the level of Kobolds, Quillboar and Gnolls. Or Darkspear Trolls, at best. With Witch Doctors and Shamans for their magical power.

Their style is also... not quite Alliance. Tell me you're not getting Horde vibes off of this one:

Lastly.. I don't think they will ever be considered for Allied Race. They aren't a popular race, nor were they intended to be. I think they would lose a poll against most other options. I do give you a thumbs up for thinking about potential races for the Alliance. They have stricter requirements than the Horde, so it Blizz probably has a much harder time thinking up good options for them.

Why do they have to be short to match? The Alliance has mostly smaller races, more gnomes or pygmys are awful ideas. Instead it should be a larger race.

They aren't savages lol. They can build cities all over uldum, they take part in trade and commerce, you can see their caravans all over uldum. The picture you linked is a lost isles pygmy who hate goblins and want to sacrifice them to their god. They adopted that look because they want to take over the goblins. The Pygmies i'm referring to are uldum pygmies who dress nothing like that. Sultan Oogah wears a turban, the very same turban tanaris humans wear. This doesn't give me any horde vibes at all, yes it gives me middle eastern vibes but certainly not horde lol. Also the time has moved forward and I don't think alliance will only want "pretty" races. I fail to see how a pygmy is more savage than a jinyu. Just a few months back people were talking about sethrakk on alliance, lol, so how is pygmy a shocker? I think for the past 20 years alliance oy wanted pretty races, but this direction can change because being pretty doesn't mean squat. Loyalty matters more. If pygmy can prove their love and devotion to the alliance then why can't they join? Tge stereotype that alliance only recruits beautiful pretty races is absurd. I hope anduin demolishes that racist narrow minded view.