Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Except that the person in charge of the StarWars franchise, and LucasFilm, was handpicked by George Lucas himself, Kathleen Kennedy.
    If that is true then nobody in power at Disney read the book "Swim with the sharks without being eaten alive". In that book Harvey Mckay says "never let a super star pick there successor", he says this because the super star will always pick somebody incompetent so they look better by comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hittion View Post
    Not very high... warcrafts story was never really all that good... warcraft 3 comes closet but it isn't all that orginal of a story when you break it down.

I think that for a warcraft movie to be successful it would need to be an orginal story like the discontinued manga shorts
    ... This is Disney, very few of their stories are all that good....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    If they purchased just Blizzard they could essentially complete their multimedia empire.

If I were to think Disney of video games, it would have to be either Blizzard or Square-Enix.
    ehh... I think they would need to own Nintendo for that.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    What are the chances of a Disney budget reboot of the Warcraft movie idea?
    You're saying that like that's a new idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Disney is starting to hit trust levels of size. At some point when you own all entertainment platforms, then there is some serious concern for influencing markets and society. Time to break them up.
    You’re starting to question Disney now? They’ve been shady since at least the 70s

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I think it's one person who wanted to launch a story. I doubt anything will come of it.
    This, in a nutshell.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    "All who oppose the warchief will die! Haw Ha!'

xD
    Reminds me of the South Park episode with the Jonas Brothers and purity rings and Mickey Mouse was the evil CEO haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    this could be good if people wants a warcraft TV series but gamewise it's a huge unknown
    I honestly believe a TV series is the way to go, rather than a movie. Warcraft has so many idea's and interesting plots threads, but it's difficult to add a ton of depth to them in game, and there's too many of them to cram into a movie and have it make sense. That's at least partly why everyone looks at the Lich King story for a movie, it's a pretty basic 'hero becomes a villian' story line and while the scourge DOES have a lot of backstory regarding Nerzul/Burning Legion etc, It's not super imperative to actually include that info for the movie to make sense to the average non-fan moviegoer. I mean, pretty much everyone understands "zombies".

A TV show could easily show multiple arcs happening at the same time and eventually bring them all together for the final "big event" or whatever and have it all make sense, while adding some much needed depth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Part of me thinks it would be cool to have a "Warcraft Land" area in a major theme park, I don't want Disney to run(ruin) it.
    I take it you haven't heard of Joyland in China then?
    http://https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Joyland

Google the name for tons of pictures of the many WoW "inspired"(see: ripoff) statues.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    If that is true then nobody in power at Disney read the book "Swim with the sharks without being eaten alive". In that book Harvey Mckay says "never let a super star pick there successor", he says this because the super star will always pick somebody incompetent so they look better by comparison.
    Disney didn't have a choice because Lucas did that BEFORE he sold it to Disney. She was LucasFilm President before Disney bought it.

Also, George Lucas doesn't care if he looks better or not. His legacy is secure. Nobody will ever be better than that. I wouldn't call Kathleen Kennedy incompetent either. You not liking her movies does not = she is incompetent.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2019-07-23 at 01:11 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I'm not sure but it would open up the possibility for animated media as there have been a bunch of successful Disney animated shows that cater to both young and adults such as Gravity Falls.
    Ho now there's an idea. I hadn't considered that. In the vein of using SW as an example as others seem to be doing; movies aside, I quite thoroughly enjoyed SW: Rebels, though haven't seen the one after it. An animated series with good art and cg would be pretty great, and with all the magic and fantastical creatures in WoW I could see animation being a much better medium to say nothing of being a series over a movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Fairly low unless they think they can heavily capitalized on toy sales (toy sales are why Disney kept pushing the Cars sequels which weren't as good of a return as other Pixar flicks).

The first Warcraft movie made about $152M for that studio (studio gets about 50% of domestic box office and about 1/3 of foreign box office) on a $160M budget plus likely around $25 to $30M in advertising costs (or about $35M loss give or take).

Additionally, like it or not, WoW isn't particularly popular anymore. There are likely a lot less than 3 million subs anymore, and there were never nearly enough players to support a nostalgia run (which is mostly why the movie failed). The Warcraft movie needed to come out 10 years ago when the iron was hot.
    While I agree with most of your points (as sad as they make me; when you're right you're right) I would point out the exception. WoW, meaning World of Warcraft may not be as popular anymore; but Warcraft is. Make up a convincing leak about an RTS Warcraft 4 announcement and watch them all materialize. I think a good series could be well received, especially if done as a series on DXD as another poster suggested.

Even with that said though I acknowledge that it would still likely be little more than a pipe dream. I also wanted to highlight your point about the moving needing to come out 10 years ago; definitely agree with you 100% there, it would have had the added benefit of arriving in between RotK and The Hobbit and HP movies; when High Fantasy was all the rage for movies. (Though that might have been a bad thing considering all of the other attempts that flopped)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    You're saying that like that's a new idea.
    Richard the Warlock is amazing, no argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Let's say it somehow happened.

What are the chances of a Disney budget reboot of the Warcraft movie idea?
    Starring Princess Anduina, with her animal sidekick Greymane the pup.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-07-23 at 02:16 PM.

i wish i could properly word the depth of the hatred i feel for these people. it's never going to get better, either. nobody's willing to stop corporatism and consumerism, so it'll just continue.

at this point, i just unironically want something to end all modern civilizations. even if it doesn't destroy all of us, just remove our ability to use technology or something. this life is actual hell, this is true hell.

I already called this. It's inevitable to happen.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Yeah but for all of TLJ's failures, it's still better than Legendary's Warcraft. They somehow made orcs more human than humans.
    Oh I couldn't disagree more. d.isneys failures didn't start with tlj it started with A Newer Hope.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Does this mean Trall will run away after BFA and we will find him on a rock really grumpy, drinking blue milk straight from a creatures breast, and reluctantly coming around at the end of an expansion to ghost the villain and disappear looking into the faded Argus potal spot in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Hittion View Post
    Not very high... warcrafts story was never really all that good... warcraft 3 comes closet but it isn't all that orginal of a story when you break it down.

I think that for a warcraft movie to be successful it would need to be an orginal story like the discontinued manga shorts
    While true....there is still stuff for them to work with, the WoW universe is still a decent place to make stories from and there is enough characters you can make a series with. However it is just getting people to go and watch it who have no idea what WoW is or interested in it, so would be interesting.

Best bet for a new WoW film is Disney buy Activision, flood the team that creates the amazing cut scenes / CGI shorts and produce a proper 60-90 minutes film or even a series.