Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    Already did before 8.1

and yet this pathetic excuse of a being that is myself still care for the story ,i can't let go. Seeing characthers and in-universe rules being butchered for convenience or to further an agenda still make me seethe.

thinking that those hack get paid for writting absolute garbage like that is beyond my level of comprehension.
    No judgement of language barriers intended. Your passion is understandable but a bit perplexing in this instance.

Remember we did manage to defeat a couple Old Gods "C'thunn, Yogg-Saron, and the still living Heart of Y'shaarg... it's really not that far of a stretch to think we might discover a potion that helps us resist an old god's influence. I mean we have potions that help us do all sorts of remarkable things, like making us invisible to everything, even being able to run past mobs and bosses...

I'm not defending the writers in general... I'm very disappointed myself in the Sylvanas storyline of this expansion... I created my one and only Horde toon as forsaken because of her and her sort of vague good but bad personality (yes, yes insert your Alliance bashing here) but the Old God stuff IMO has been the most consistent facet of storytelling within the Wow-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksong View Post
    No judgement of language barriers intended. Your passion is understandable but a bit perplexing in this instance.

Remember we did manage to defeat a couple Old Gods "C'thunn, Yogg-Saron, and the still living Heart of Y'shaarg... it's really not that far of a stretch to think we might discover a potion that helps us resist an old god's influence. I mean we have potions that help us do all sorts of remarkable things, like making us invisible to everything, even being able to run past mobs and bosses...

I'm not defending the writers in general... I'm very disappointed myself in the Sylvanas storyline of this expansion... I created my one and only Horde toon as forsaken because of her and her sort of vague good but bad personality (yes, yes insert your Alliance bashing here) but the Old God stuff IMO has been the most consistent facet of storytelling within the Wow-verse.
    the whispers were dangerous before , anyone with enough exposure could fall to them, and now they are just an afterthought that be deal with by drinking a potion.

it's like we also find out that by chewing some leaves , we can be immune to the plague and to the undeath . it 's so silly to make something that threatning loose all of it's teeth with such a simple method

like alleria ' the only mortal to ever have resisted the whispers" , i grinded my teeths at that but i was fine , it's one person ,it's horrible writing everyone else can still be affected... And then the void elves came along and while i bashed my head against a wall, they were a small race and some still showned some effect of the corruption so the potential for an immense fuck up on their part was still possible so i kept hope .

but now , a simple potion that can be consumed by any and everyone can just lolnope the whispers , might as well delete the old gods and replace them with an angry dragon because there is nothing different between the two now .

I appreciate your passion, this has been fun revisiting lore that has gotten pushed to the back of my brain by the endless AP grind. Hoping for some good new story in the patch today! I agree that there are always some plot holes to fill in, but there are some details about this specific instance that make this believable, for me anyway.

I found an article where it's stated on Wowpedia that "Ebyssian (Ebonhorn) cannot leave Highmountain or he risks the Old Gods trying to corrupt him." Which they do... and it makes sense that Wrathion having battled the same attacks would prepare for the eventuality that the corruption could affect another black dragon - or even himself - and leave behind something to help i.e. the potion. The quest doesn't specifically say it could work for any other race, and players don't drink it, just administer it to the afflicted NPC. Then MOTHER destroys the information. wtf...

Plus we've already been cleansed of N'Zoth's influence, after being infected by the Blade of the Black empire we do a quest with Brother Pike to have the "gift of N'Zoth" removed from us - and it's subsequent whispers. By a simple magical spell cast by Brother Pike no less, so I don't think it unreasonable that a potion designed by a black dragon could cure another black dragon from similar affliction. (I have retained my "gift" for now, because I'm a warlock and don't fear self-damaging choices, HA!) So there's another example of us "resisting" the whispers.

We know that from their prisons they can only whisper and influence and corrupt indirectly, but now that N'Zoth is free, (nice work Magni... sheesh), we may finally see an old god's true, unimpeded power. We'll likely fight him at some point, and hopefully win. As champions who've beaten many incredible foes, including a shadows of the old gods, a corrupted dragon aspect and even corrupted Titans, I bet we can manage.

is there some other per-requisite for this to start? My neck is only 63 but I have done everything else magni asked. earthen dude wont talk to me.