Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    It's actually hilarious that people think MC will be cleared in the first week. The grind for aqual quintessence alone will be a blocker.
    Helloooo are you there buddy? my friends Ragnaros and Onyxia want to tell you how they died asap.

Well the race is officially over!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    1. They called it vanilla in their new commercial advertising classic wow.

2. The announcement for classic wow by J.Allen Brack literally talked about ice cream in order to say that his favorite flavor was Vanilla which segued into the trailer.

So yeah, definitely not just a fanboy term.
    Ever heard of fan service?

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    If Method were not competing the comentators would have said it nice and clear so everyone understands.But they didn't so...
    Which stream have you been watching? Method clearly said that they don't compete but host the event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Jesus 13 pages of idiots quoting "you can't have the world first it's already been"

Does everything go right over your head or do you guys just pick and choose what to look like morons over?
    It's a jab at people racing through Classic and streaming it.

How could the studio team in Method's stream even compete when they all are scattered around various realms?

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
    And now that my guild, APES, won hands down what do you have to say for yourself? May it simply have been that you were not as smart or knowledgable as you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Which stream have you been watching? Method clearly said that they don't compete but host the event.
    Yea my bad.I understood that today.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    1. They called it vanilla in their new commercial advertising classic wow.

2. The announcement for classic wow by J.Allen Brack literally talked about ice cream in order to say that his favorite flavor was Vanilla which segued into the trailer.

So yeah, definitely not just a fanboy term.
    That actually proves it’s a fan term... using it years and years after fans coined it for the first time. Blizzard always called it classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That actually proves it’s a fan term... using it years and years after fans coined it for the first time. Blizzard always called it classic.
    It doesn’t matter, the statement was “blizzard never called it vanilla”. That’s just not true, it doesn’t matter if they took it from fans and are rolling with it, they’ve openly referred to it as vanilla which is opposite of what the person I quoted said.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I wonder how they will do against established Pserver guilds. Its not going to be about executing a boss kill, it will be about leveling efficiency and keying.
    It turns out that they will get curb stomped. By 30 players. A lot of them not even LVL 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

this result and the perception of it is a "Classic" Rorschach test in that you see what you want to see in the outcome.

I personally remember Rag as being a bit anti-climatic when my Guild first downed it in Vanilla. Almost 100% certain that we got him on the first night of attempts (though I don't remember which Vanilla patch that coincided with). But the strat was well known by the time we got there.

While I applaud Apes for the effort they put in their kill wasn't on the same level as the original world first by a long shot. They were fighting a nerfed boss with the added benefit of twice as many debuff slots and 15 years of knowledge and practise. Saying this is proof that Vanilla raids were easy etc is factually incorrect because you're comparing Apples to Oranges. It's not the same World First fight. Not saying that Classic raids were uber difficult but they weren't face roll affairs either and both Ony and MC were "entry" level raids and the degree of difficulty did indeed increase in later raids. But even then those raids will never be as hard as they originally were because of 15 years of knowledge. And while I expect higher raid completion levels in Classic then Vanilla a lot of that will be the result of knowledge gained etc. There will still be guilds that struggle to progress through all the raid content in Classic.

I didn't take into consideration how much people would poop sock a 15 year old game to beat a boss that died 15 years ago, my bad. Congrats on the world 10000000th kill though!