Poll: Who shoudl the Mogu join?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Which faction has most Titan origin races and those races have good relations with Titan keepers. *cough* Bronzebeards bro’s *cough*

The friendly mogu that serve for Azeroth and titans would join the alliance.

Why would they join a faction that has no real shared connection with them.

The Rajani have nothing to answer for. They weren't active in the world since Ra-den fell into depression after he learned the Pantheon was destroyed and "killed" by Sargeras. The Rajani weren't part of Lei Shens or any other Mogu Emperors armies and empire. That doesn't stop prejudice from others of course, but the Pandaren really aren't known for that kind of stuff and on top of that seem to be able to differentiate between Mogu Clans. Saying the Mogu in general have much to answer for makes no sense. Its like saying the humans of the Kingdom of Lordaeron have to answer for the betrayal of the Kingdom of Alterac. Or for the Bloodhoof Tribe to answer for the actions of the Grimmtotem Tribe. This kind of argument might work for races which wouldn't differentiate, but in case of the Pandaren? I think the Pandaren, or lets say at least those on the side of the Horde (if the Rajani would join the Horde) would probably see the potential allied Mogu have, like Lorewalker Cho and the Golden Lotus did. And if the Rajani would become part of the Alliance, it would be even more true in my opinion for the Tushui.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2020-02-15 at 09:20 PM.

Wtb, Mogu Death Knight.

Starts dueling a Pandaren Death Knight. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I'd take this with a grain of salt: I personally think it's pretty cut and dry that Pandaria would be appreciative of what the Rajani did for the Vale recently because Lorewalker Cho at least knows of what the Rajani did and he gets around. People may not see Lorewalker Cho like that, though. And also, however, because the Rajani weren't really at the very least obviously fighting in a literal sense back to back with, say, the Shado-Pan or the Huojin or Tushui forces on either side of the Vale, I also think it's pretty unclear on where the Huojin or Tushui stand on all of this. While I would think Aysa and Ji would be pretty neutral at the inclusion, I don't think that's very clear either because we simply haven't seen their perspective on it yet. If they are thinking live and let live, and if they're not, neither are being shown. I think if Mogu, Rajani or not, were to be playable, it wouldn't be very clear how or why the Pandaren are doing something or not doing anything - Huojin and Tushui mentalities, if they're juxtaposing each other with patience or taking action or neither, where is it?

The Mogu have a lot to answer for, and I think that's also kind of the appeal of maybe what the Rajani may have to deal with going forward. They share a lot of similarities with the rest of the Horde in that respect, that maybe they have some persecution to work against even if it's under the surface. For most other races, the tensions are on the surface and the fight is real: it's war. But Rajani and Pandaren, in the same faction, with Pandaren silently hating them? Would the Rajani be told this when recruited? Would they constantly have to work against persecution they may not even know is there? The Rajani also need to find a place in the world without Ra-den, while pursuing the Titan's goals, and also fighting back the Mantid and the Sha, Old God, and Void forces as these eventual and persistent threats. Even the Void Elves, on the Alliance side, representing that kind of corruption they just recently fought - how do the Rajani deal with that? What if they go too far? How do the Pandaren react to that? The kind of bubbling, slow boiling hatred that can eventually explode in this kind of powder-keg of emotions that never get released. You know, at one point the Pandaren were teaching the players all about inner peace and letting go of hatreds. But, perhaps in this case, the Pandaren would ultimately need to get that lesson again for themselves. Ji once said during the Horde War Campaign, "I can sense much anger and frustration among those gathered here today. In my homeland, we saw such feelings manifest into very real threats after we spent too much time and energy suppressing them. Baine had to act, lest his anger turn into a greater threat to the Horde. We should all take a lesson from this." I think those words may be a bit prophetic, in this case, if all this were to go down.
    This sit eh sort of depth i crave for in wow. REally. The devs do know how to disappoint, but they are well capable of exploring these, and using races to explore real human issues as well as hypotehtical ones - like for example - how would we deal with immortality and perfection, then losing both, and having a chance to regain it.. what about after an impossibly long period of time, like say 10,000 years. (night elves here)

There is so much potential given the established lore for each group. but it really takes people interested in them and interested in these issues to pioneer their stories.

Then there are all the peculiar, creative and wonder filled thigns they can show in none human races. I don't see why night elvs had tob e nerfed, but there is so much of them not shown with the forest elf half of them being too prevalent for classic - to WotLK. We have the star culture to explore and mysteries of Elune, what the arcane based priesthood is really like (we only seen the martial sentinel/ranger side of the order, which was only a smaller part of it in the WotA - the trilogy shows the priests using both arcane and void which is nice to see reflected in the black moon ritual, but no explanation). If they both ustilised the arcane, how was the priesthood's use different and not the main issue.. but the mages' use became one? [From reading a lot of material, I can pietce it together to conclude, that magecraft drew power from the well and manipulated it, this use lights Azeroth up like a beacon and draws the elegion, which is why it had to be banned - priest usage largely draws from the stars and the moon (although parts would have drawn from the well). Furthermore the addiction in the night elves (especially the highborne) was a complication that had many downsides, one in which the faith o, dsiscipline and light infusion of the priests can counteract -besides it's very hard to get hooked on to the arcane if your primary love and devotion is the Goddess, not the tools you use, ESPECIALLY when you view arcane use very sacred and holy and thus wouldn't dare to use it so callously and indulgently as Azshara eventually did.

This is the disagreement of the priesthood with the highborne under Azshara's Leadership, the Well of Eternity, the arcane waters are sacred, the Goddess once perceived dwelling within it's depth and greatly linked to it (we can intuine the priesthood develops the study of the arcane that leads to magecraft, which takes on the mantle of utilising the magic for other non-religious purposes. This use seems to provide so much for society that many shift their loyalities from the goddess and nature to a rather aetheistic or at least agnostic / secular view, with the arcane discoveries providing so much, it's easy to understand with the highest caste of the nobility abandoning such beliefs in addition to this that society strayed.

You see this actually isn't the arcan'es fault, it is Azshara's leadership, which is why I can understand Tyrande fine about saving Darth'remar and the resistance main fighters being Moonguard, not to mention, once the legion threat is over she is okay about lifting the ban on magic, and the highborne returning, because it is not as much arcane usage as it is the former attitudes under Azshara, no longer a part of them.

I also feel after the sundering, the priesthood don't use their arcane talents much etiehr in line with the ban and not wanting to reisk anything, even though they largely draw from the moon and stars and not from the well, this is inline with Starfall being used once the legion returns, but no instance of it before, and the comment of the priestess who joins the students of Estulan recognising that the reticence of some of her peers is no longer necessary.

[She does this in Cataclysm, one would presume that the priesthood has definitely moved on and actually gottten more and more in touch with its heritage. The liberation of the Cathedral of Eternal Night would offer a lot of ancient scrolls and books of knowledge and lore, absent from thepriesthoood. Tyrande barely a novice in the war of the ancients, would now be rediscovering much more of their legacy, I presume it is in the temple she finds the ritual for the black moon/

I could go on and on, but this is just a snapshot of how much we are missing. For a group that loves the stars so much, you can imagine they took this to whole new hehights, we see this in their spells. .notice how night elf and Nightborne casters [mage, druid, priest] all use moon and star spells - arcane based, as well as specific schools associated with that in connection to the arcane (see druid spell book and Nighthold /Nightborne (check Moonguard also) spells. They would have aligned their cities and locations around both the leylines and the stars. Names and customs, paths would be predetermined by birth based on your star chart.. the stuff you could open up here.

What I would love to see is Tyrande taking some night elf and Nightborne priestesess through the Cathedral , restoring it and a lot of this lore coming out.. especially when they delve into the Nightborne priests, we can see that side of the night elves through the Nightborne - just like I feel the balance druid lore should be opened up and explained fully when the Nightborne join the Valewalker mage and druid side, with the druid side being balance and lunar/stellar based - allowing the lore to expand there.

The exploration has to include both night elf and Nightborne. Without Nightborne, that allied race will feel too blank a canvas and having no point having it's origin and history, as well as resulting in a blood elf clone race, which defeats the point after it's very kaldorei pre-sundering set up and introduction in 7.0. Without the Night elf in it, blizzard basically would annex the dark elf side of the night elves annoying many fans who also like that side of htem and have followed that race particularly for that reason. The equivalent would be taking the Farstrider side and only developing it via the high elves. or
    taking the arcane legacy of the blood elves as well as Quel'thalas' infrastructure and only developing it through the void elves -- which would really annoy many of their fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    The Rajani have nothing to answer for. They weren't active in the world since Ra-den fell into depression after he learned the Pantheon was destroyed and "killed" by Sargeras. The Rajani weren't part of Lei Shens or any other Mogu Emperors armies and empire. That doesn't stop prejudice from others of course, but the Pandaren really aren't known for that kind of stuff and on top of that seem to be able to differentiate between Mogu Clans. Saying the Mogu in general have much to answer for makes no sense. Its like saying the humans of the Kingdom of Lordaeron have to answer for the betrayal of the Kingdom of Alterac. Or for the Bloodhoof Tribe to answer for the actions of the Grimmtotem Tribe. This kind of argument might work for races which wouldn't differentiate, but in case of the Pandaren? I think the Pandaren, or lets say at least those on the side of the Horde (if the Rajani would join the Horde) would probably see the potential allied Mogu have, like Lorewalker Cho and the Golden Lotus did. And if the Rajani would become part of the Alliance, it would be even more true in my opinion for the Tushui.
    That's correct, however they'd be the ones Mogu haters and greivers would want to vent on. Similar to how the Shen'dralar had nothing to do with summoning the demons into Azeroth - (that was the palace highborne) yet, those who took issue with their return, laid all the sins of the highborne on them.

Rajani Mogu are Mogu too, they may not have the ffault of the others, but their character would be mogu, and evoke bad memories in many a pandaren and others who had trouble with them, the opposite is also true with some Zandalari. But bear in mind not all Zandalari sided with the Mogu, some fought them and would have issue too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The Mogu like the Zandalari.

But the Mogu hate the Pandaren.

The Horde treated the Pandaren pretty badly during the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    If the Mogu went to any side it'd probably be the Horde.

Some Pandaren would probably leave the Horde if it happened. Maybe not all of them - maybe some would try for peace. But it would be a point of contention, I think.
    That sounds pretty good. The only other option I see is if they do a clan by clan thing and that's how to get to both factions.

Like the dokani to the horde
    And Rajani to alliance
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Btw.. is it me or do the Mogu look like a Half-orc/Half draeni art experiement that got polished into a race?
    They are based on Chinese demons but the final effect looks like orc-eredar hybrid. It isn't bad, as they basically Azerothian orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I don't get why people are saying Horde. They are another Titanborn race. Also a stone-related race. Now that there's a noble cultured group of them, I would say definitely Alliance.

The Ogres would be a very nice counterpart to them for the Horde.
    Well, they are warrior race of corrupted titan constructs that worship the storm. Also, they have tusks. Now that there is a noble cultured group of them, I would say definitely Horde.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

As much as I want to see playable Mogu if it is happening it isn't happening in the Shadowlands prepatch, they have no extra details beyond the standard cookiecutter male models and the 1 female model. They are at what I call pre cata worgen level of race potential. It could happen, but not without a lot of work.

Still if it did happen going neutral would make sense since the only "nice" faction at the moment doesn't seem to lean one way or the other.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably a bit late for this, but I'd like to see mogu for Horde and vrykul for Alliance, with Ra-den and Odyn as their racial leaders.

I pitched just that way back in 2018 and I still think it's a solid idea: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49196714

My idea at the time was that a faction of mogu loyal to Ra-den would pursue the surviving followers of Zul and Lei Shen to Zandalar, where they ally with the Zandalari and Horde to defeat the traitors. From there, they would learn that Jaina stole Lei Shen's power on the Isle of Thunder and would formally join the Horde in hopes of reclaiming the power in her staff for Ra-den.

Meanwhile, Odyn would seek out the Alliance upon learning of Sylvanas's bargain with Helya and would direct them to a vrykul hibernation site in a valley north of Stratholme, Tirisheim, where a tribe of vrykul enshrined Tyr's hand. Turalyon travels to Tirion's tomb to recover a Silver Hand artifact and uses it to awaken the vrykul, who honor Tyr's brotherly oath to Odyn and begin their hunt for Sylvanas and her val'kyr.

Something like that, anyway.