Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine something like this is at the very bottom of the priority list. Probably not among the reasons why the expansion was delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Draenor and Outland say hi
    i stand corrected. Interdimentional Mole Machines for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Tunneling between Azeroth and the Shadowlands makes little to no sense. It's a Mole Machine, not a mage.
    Hehehe. Alternate-Timeline 50-Years-in-the-Past Draenor mole machines go brrrrr
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Mole Machine/Rocket Ship/Time Machine/EXTREMELY POSSIBLE TO KILL THE INHABITANTS TO SEND THEM TEMPORARLY TO THE AFTERLIFE

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I mean....on the list of things they need to work on, this ranks unbelievably low. Strange to expect it.
    Not that you're wrong... but stuff like this is also something which requires almost no time to develop and it's probably done by their quest designers, not the ones that take care of the conduits and other systems...

I am sure it's either an oversight or they truly don't care about AR racials right now, but I don't think that it's because they have more important issues and they just couldn't find the "time" for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Would be kind of weird to use a mole machine between realms with no land connecting them.
    Hey if Dr Who can do it in a telephone box... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would be kind of weird to use a mole machine between realms with no land connecting them.
    Considering you can travel to other planets and other dimensions with this mole machine, then this is not weird at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others mentioned, it's less about Dark Irons getting no love and more about controlling travel, for similar reasons that flight is gated until the launch zones are no longer 'relevant content' as patches move on to new zones and most players focus their efforts on instanced content, that engineering wormhole generators oftentimes come with a drawback like random placement, and city portals were consolidated down to SW/Org in old hubs in favor of giving the new hub access to all major racial capitals (Org, TB, SMC for Horde, SW, IF, Exodar for Alliance).

I have a suspicion that allied races will get a pass on customization in 9.1 or 9.2 to bring them up to speed with the other races, especially for races like Lightforged Draenei and Nightborne which are lacking in comparison to the others, at which point we'll also see Mole Machine locations within the Shadowlands launch zones for Dark Irons once they begin loosening control over travel in the launch zones.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-10-26 at 11:35 AM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Nargrom View Post
    I mean if you actually think about it instead of rage typing it in MMO-C, it does make sense why there aren't any...mole machines... in the 4 different Realms of the Dead, where we arent even supposed to be in the first place, because you know... Realm of the Dead.
    They can already go to Outland and Draenor with this so your argument is just nonsense...
    Besides that we can already use portals, wormholes, hearthstones and whatnot to travel between SL and Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stand corrected. Mole machines leap frog through the dark portal and then they drill on. To get to Shadowlands we kill the Mole machine.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    What a boring topic.
    not every topic can be a 1700 page thread about High elves not being in the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    You do know there are no mole machine locations in Kul'tiras or Zandalar too?
    Yeah, and that's exactly what I said in my OP.

Why don't they add mole machines to Zandalar and Kul'tiras now that they are an old content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Would make 0 sense lore wise, but then again, wow stopped making any sense when they flooded it with flying horses without wings, flying pigs, flying cats etc ..
    Yes, but drilling rom Stormwind back in time into alternative dimension on a different planet is OK lorewise.

It's not about lore, itst a fun neat ability that Blizzard forgotten about less than 2years after inplimenting it

If you want a mole machine to the shadowlands just take one to Azeroth's molten core and sit in the lava for a while.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can use my mole machine from Outland or Draenor or Argus.
    Putin khuliyo

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    For the folks that thought Blizzard just overlooked it, I highly doubt that. From a dev standpoint it's likely more about "gating" (everyone's most hated trigger word) fast movement around Shadowlands. It would be very simple and quick to implement mole machine locations in-game if they want to. It could be done very easily with their dev tools, basically not much more than drag and drop and setting of rules where it connects to/from. So it's not a mechanical hurdle.

Separately they may have had discussions about weirdness of using mole machines to Shadowlands from Azeroth that many others have mentioned. I'd bet it's still more about gating fast movement though than that. Our answer will probably come in time over 9.x. If mole machine locations are added to Shadowlands in 9.1, 9.2, etc. then that will tell me it was about gating movement. And if not, then maybe it was just more about not having to give lore explanations of how a mole machine in Azeroth can connect to Shadowlands.