10+ Year Old Account

Dungeon Carry XP

I may have missed a post about this or something that the patch did, but while running my lower level friend through Hellfire Ramps, I noticed he was not getting any XP for kills.

Can someone tell me what this new system is that you cannot carry people through dungeons?

Thanks!
    Selling myself out below

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    I may have missed a post about this or something that the patch did, but while running my lower level friend through Hellfire Ramps, I noticed he was not getting any XP for kills.

Can someone tell me what this new system is that you cannot carry people through dungeons?

Thanks!
    Based on what you describe, something good I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was hotfixed, it's in the front page.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ctober-26-2020

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Experience granted to players in dungeons is now standardized, and does not change with the size of the player's party.

Developers' notes: This standardized experience value is equal to what the leveling player would have previously earned in a 5-person party. Dungeon experience was tuned around the expectation of full parties, and we saw that taplist loopholes in combination with pre-patch changes to dungeon scaling revealed some extreme leveling tactics by fewer than 5 players. We want dungeons to remain lucrative, and to be a valid alternative to questing and other experience sources, rather than to overshadow them.
    Last edited by Greyfang; 2020-10-27 at 07:05 PM.