Thread: Feeling Guilty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, just a brief summary about myself:

Ever since I was young I was that guy who love to help others to accomplish things either in video games or activities or sports or whatever. But I have that feeling I like to call it "the guilty syndrome" that whenever the team I play with (as I said either chess or football or WoW or any other video games or something require a team work play) fail or when I do a horrible mistake I beat myself harshly and get haunted (all righty maybe not haunted but the annoying feeling lingers inside, because I feel I am one of the causes of that horrible loss or fail or whatever, even if that is not the case sometimes it is a combination of many things and not just my fault...yet I still feel guilty and frustration.

Over the years this feeling amplified even in WoW when I fail the dungeon group or guild raiding group into something I feel super horrible because I keep telling myself "f**** me I should have done this and that to get better or I should avoided that or stuff like that". Now with the mythic+ timer stuff they added in Legion that feeling got even worse because now we have a time period. This is why in the recent years I am leaning more and more toward solo activity more than teamwork competition activity.
    Wow. People like you simply don't exist. Credit you sir. Its an absolute shame that you are so wasted on this community who after screwing up something you wanted to do will not give you a second thought.

I know people.like you don't exist because that is exactly.me. I would stay in a part if I made a mistake (which I rarely did) in order to make.it up.

Even going as far as. "Got anything else I can run for you to make it up"

Honestly people like you / me are completely and utterly wasted on this community most.people in the game don't even care its all about spending time with there online friends (strangers) what is in between is just a filler to pass the time until there next social fix

If you mess up just remember all the times you have had people mess up on you. Might be a bit easier to forgive yourself then. At least you care!

Even the best players in the World screw up. You think the whole.world is flawless gameplay? Nope! The better players just fail less.
    Last edited by dadoodoo; 2021-01-20 at 02:16 PM.

I can relate so much to this thread.

I'm not afraid of failing when it comes to solo activities. I loved things like horrific visions and mage towers in previous expansions, because I could learn at my own pace, dust myself off, and keep trying. No one around to judge me, yell at me, tell me I won't be invited back after messing up.

It's when it comes to group content that I'm terrified of failure for the reasons I mentioned above. And it's honestly not just a WoW thing either, but something I have a hard time coming to terms with in RL too. Messing up means not getting an invite back to that M+, getting fired from that job, etc etc.

Sadly it's something I have yet to overcome.

Many folks here have suggested "see a therapist", and I wish I could do that personally, but sadly therapy is expensive and not an option for everyone.