Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    At this point, I'm honestly not sure anymore. I've had zero interest in the game or the story they've been telling since SL launched. I've been disinterested in the mechanics they've been pushing since about BfA. It feels like they are pushing the game in directions that simply don't jive with what I like and enjoy,

And that's okay. So I guess what I need is a pretty strong reboot or re-imagining of what WoW is. I need a whole new direction, both in terms of story, direction and mechanics. Getting away from borrowed power, away from overly dramatic narratives centred around one dimensional characters, away from stories that get more and more fantastical and constanly trying to "up the power level" of threats.

I honestly don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    SWTOR is kind of like this. Currencies and reputations are account-wide (well across the same server anyway), and even most of the endgame gear is bind-on-account - which means that yes, you can farm on multiple characters and pool your loot.

And you know what? It's totally fine for most people.

Would that work for WoW? It's hard to say. It's a bit of a different demographic, and there's certainly fewer "ambitious" players in SWTOR than there are in WoW. Perhaps this would get abused too much, and people would cut short their own content. I don't know.

But there must be a middle ground somewhere. Would it REALLY be outrageous to make reputations account-wide, for example? Or currencies? Heck they already have these BoA currency transfer things in every second patch because it's what people really want - why not make that an account-wide system to begin with? Account-wide bank tab, account-wide gold, and so on. Can't be that hard to do, and I doubt it would spell the doom of WoW if you don't have to reach Revered with the Guardians of Borrowed Power #34 on EVERY SINGLE alt.
    Well, when I played WoW, my BF used to play a single character only.. he hated alts and played all 3 specs of hes paladin, farmed gear for them etc. He only had to do everything once and could just save gear for hes off specs. I on the other hand had 4 characters, I didn't get the "main" thing, and only liked 1 spec from each of them so I played them about equally, a balance druid, destruction warlock, frost DK and arcane mage. I tried to narrow it down to less characters but I didn't like any of the other specs and always started missing the alts play style.

Having to do everything 4 times was just boring and frustrating and I can't see a single reason why it should be necessary. It just contributed to a massive burnout I got in the end and eventually taking a break from the game became permanent since I didn't want to go back to that massive farm again.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    That is where using emblems for gear upgrades come in. It's easy to "time gate" when it takes a long time to "fully" upgrade your gear. Initial costs of the gear can be set that you can't simply be done gearing with emblems in 4 weeks. Not once in my post did I put an amount of time required to reach a state of being "fully geared."

The primary problem is that players are simply not rewarded for their time. The game wastes a substantial amount of the players time. Every minute spent doing content in the game should have a tangible affect on your progression. Right now, it does not. Every minute spent contributes towards increases possible rewards, not actual rewards.

Incidentally, I have not received any sort of substantial upgrade for my main character in over 4 months. However, say the next tier comes out next week. You have been anxiously farming for a weapon or trinket to drop off of a boss for months and you finally get it the week before the next raid comes out. Your very next day raiding, you replace that gear entirely. Doesn't really feel very good. There should be at least SOME amount of time between tiers where you can say "hey, my character is at their limit and the determining factor for my damage relies solely on my performance, and it is fun to chase that 99th-100th percentile damage for a boss." Not a substantial amount of time, but at least some amount of time. You should also be able to have time to try out and gear other characters for your raids without that being a detriment to your main character.

Players should be rewarded for their time, and their should be a feasibly attainable limit to player power each patch cycle so that any time spent playing other characters does NOT feel like time wasted that you should have spent playing your main.
    Again - I will attempt with my own logical reasoning.

Why do you play games? To waste time as you have extra much of it? Good - then WoW is doing it's thing.

If you complain about that it takes too much time/effort - that's because you are not interested enough. And that also means you should quit - because invested people, wants to share thier accomplishments.

Again - there is no right/wrong answer when it comes to interests. But if you cut the time spent - you also cut the interest/investments(or vice/versa). And in the long term - rewarding people for practically doing nothing, can't be healthy for anything(likewise, no options for swapping alts without to much hazzle).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Nothing sadly.

I think the story is beyond salvage now. It is a deal breaker factor for me.

Plus, i will never get my time, youth and energy back. Im getting older
    Some people getting old watching TV - others are playing games. Others are just working or sleeping. No difference for me.

Regretting decisions is a another ballpark thou - and can be extremely toxic.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-01-24 at 10:50 PM.

Getting materials for raids and m+(ie flasks, pots and food) shouldnt take very long. I should be able to grind a stack of food with 1 meat + a random vendor material/food. It should take me 5 minutes to grind meat enough for 10 stacks of food. Flasks should be cheaper and potions should literally be like 1 flower per pot. Not having flying and trying to grind in for potions and flasks is just dumb. Even after flying it still takes too long to grind in for a night of playing.

No other grinds should be needed to raid/pve at all. Everything else should be niche/open world fun/something else that you can do if you feel like it.

When i log into the game i want to be able to do what i like doing because i am playing a game for fun - i dont want to have to log in for hours every day for mandatory shit that ISNT fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    OPs a 10 year member with less than 100 posts? Somethings up.

I've been around for years, but I barely post myself.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Again - I will attempt with my own logical reasoning.

Why do you play games? To waste time as you have extra much of it? Good - then WoW is doing it's thing.

If you complain about that it takes too much time/effort - that's because you are not interested enough. And that also means you should quit - because invested people, wants to share thier accomplishments.

Again - there is no right/wrong answer when it comes to interests. But if you cut the time spent - you also cut the interest/investments(or vice/versa). And in the long term - rewarding people for practically doing nothing, can't be healthy for anything(likewise, no options for swapping alts without to much hazzle).

- - - Updated - - -

Some people getting old watching TV - others are playing games. Others are just working or sleeping. No difference for me.

Regretting decisions is a another ballpark thou - and can be extremely toxic.
    Agree, but when you get older, you change. You become wiser with the value of time and how you like to spend it.

A new class or a revamped talent system.

Games are really time-consuming)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I wasn't referring to experience, just objective truth. Hope that clarifies your misunderstanding.
    Funny how often objective truths are not actually objectively true.

go back to Legion design - rng item upgrades, every spec being like its own class, and class/spec specific campaigns

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I've been on and off of WoW for years now. There are a couple of things that could make me stay subbed a bit more consecutive.

Probably releasing a new dungeon every X months (which will in turn cause annoyances for KSM), less (extensive) timegating, shared reps, learn flying faster in the Xpac or make ground navigation less annoying, making older content more relevant (goes for raids and dungeons, there's a huge pile of stuff they could do with old stuff - but not the dumbed down TW stuff we have now). Just to name some.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    At this point, I'm honestly not sure anymore. I've had zero interest in the game or the story they've been telling since SL launched. I've been disinterested in the mechanics they've been pushing since about BfA. It feels like they are pushing the game in directions that simply don't jive with what I like and enjoy,

And that's okay. So I guess what I need is a pretty strong reboot or re-imagining of what WoW is. I need a whole new direction, both in terms of story, direction and mechanics. Getting away from borrowed power, away from overly dramatic narratives centred around one dimensional characters, away from stories that get more and more fantastical and constanly trying to "up the power level" of threats.

I honestly don't see it happening.

My thoughts exactly, I have one last bit of hope something´s light that spark, but not holding any candles.

Ban all advertisement in lfg tool. Implement a working filter function into group tool // The Sales mafia is completely out of control. New headman Ybarra is rumored to have done gold raid sales too. Really bad precedent to have set.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Reforging! What a useful thing to do to make all pieces useful and then to just remove it is dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to say please dont ever consider this. I do not WANT old outdated content to be relevant. I do not want to revisit old dungeons or raids outside of the occasional optional timewalking. There arent enough hours in the day to make this a good thing.

You think way too much in the WoW fashion way.
    Relevant != grinding

It could be implemented for fun content. Who wouldnt want to raid ICC or other old content again - the same way it was back when it came out?
    That is not possible unless you create characters on WoW classic, WoW TBC. And each character has be levelled up, geared,... blah. That's too much.

It should be as simple as in ffxiv. Get in, get honor / conquest points for helping others - maybe even others levelling even; buy gear, done.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    A mobile version.

I kid I kid..
    ouch, that sarcasm hurts.