Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Nah, it was a great move by Blizzard and we need to apply that logic to all race/class combinations.

I think I'd just like to point out, for everyone who's taking a look at this scientifically, that the raid bosses in this game are the size of mountains. If we're dealing with reality then the first time Ragnaros swung his hammer at anyone in the game, let alone a gnome tank, they would have been launched across the room and splatted against the wall like a smear of bloody vomit. In other words, that ship sailed the moment they first turned the servers on.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    "hooves make clip clop noises my suspension of disbelief is ruined"

My guy. We literally fought Space Satan after using a spaceship to reach an alien planet infested with ET demons. A player character pressing the Stealth button shouldn't be where your disbelief comes from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    where is my zandalari blood magic warlock
    Stay aweh from da voodoo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If Draenei can figure out how to travel in through void of space, they can figure out how to silence some clip-clop. /thread
    A special short rogue questline where you craft the legendary [Padded Horseshoes] from a combination of thorium, khorium, elementium, azerite, saronite, titanite, dracyte, and the leftover insoles from a pair of Medivh's bunny slippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    "hooves make clip clop noises my suspension of disbelief is ruined"

My guy. We literally fought Space Satan after using a spaceship to reach an alien planet infested with ET demons. A player character pressing the Stealth button shouldn't be where your disbelief comes from.
    Not to mention we've killed two Old Gods... stood against the Firelord not once but twice, stared down the Lich King, traveled to an ALTERNATE TIMELINE to stop an invasion...

but yeah. clip clop is suddenly immersion breaking
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    They use special hoof cushions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They use special hoof cushions.
    Hooves are hoof cushions.

Horseshoes clip clop, and even then only on hard surfaces.

Hooves are stealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    No tauren or draenei rogues
    Sure they can, dampened hoof soles, magic, alchemy.
    You`re talking about becoming invisible in a fantasy world, if you can conceive of even a remotely plausible
    reason, chances are it can be implemented in some way.

I`d go even further and say that every mount can stealth too.
    From a narrative viewpoint, the sword in silithus is stealthed too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    First, a rogue doesn't need per se to stealth. Of course, it is part of the mechanic.
    But if you take a look at the hunter... well, a hunter stalks prey and if we would view it from a realistic angle, they would sneak around too. But tauren hunters are okay? If a tauren hunter can camoflage and become undetectable, why can't a tauren rogue?
    Doesn't need what "per se"?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    Its always amazing how people say hooved races cant stealth.

Yet a giant fell reaver can somehow sneak up on people.
    I half wish blizzard had kept the tradition of putting one giant (nearly) unkillable mob patrolling in a zone to keep people on their toes.

- - - Updated - - -

mages only being able to be invisible for like 30 seconds at a time is more unrealistic

Have you forgotten that "Draenei Rogues" existed since Vanilla. Look at those broken ones in Swamp of Sorrows.

Wait till you find out that Rouge Draenei existed back in Warcraft 3..

Well this post didn't age well.

On-topic: isn't a rogue's "stealth" ability usable due to a minor application of shadow magic? Or so I've heard, anyways. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavenoff View Post
    Well this post didn't age well.

On-topic: isn't a rogue's "stealth" ability usable due to a minor application of shadow magic? Or so I've heard, anyways. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    This part was under discussion after the release of the cinematic in BFA where Thrall and Saurfang were attacked by Forsaken Rogues who made the depiction of using stealth look like a magical ability. I guess it is down to who/what goes into stealth? I mean, I don't see a druid adding shadow magic to nature but just normal bestial stealth of prowling, meanwhile, Hunters just camouflage themselves, you can even spot them when they move, so, I could imagine Rogues adding a dash extra for the more advanced stealth, meanwhile Mages applies the Arcane arts to conceal themselves, and Night Elves just has an ability, in general, to blend in with nature and shadows.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

A Gnome tank is a lot more ridiculous than tauren rogue I reckon. It's not the lore that concerns me though. It's the racials; tauren rogues will get one more stun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    A Gnome tank is a lot more ridiculous than tauren rogue I reckon. It's not the lore that concerns me though. It's the racials; tauren rogues will get one more stun.
    Don't be racist against the ankle-biters! Not their fault that they are vertically challenged! They make for good puntable objects!

As for the extra stun, true, but oddly enough, I have not seen many Tauren Rogues (I guess they are doing their job perfectly fine).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Neither big guys like Kultirans yet here we are (?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren rogues is not a new thing; Blizzard have previously stated that Tauren rogues exist, but not in large enough numbers to allow for a player option.

Apparently, they have made a lot of calves in the last decade
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/