"A new era for wow?" (Preach goes to anaheim).

Im surprised there isnt a thread here on it. Please watch, collect your thoughts, then spout off... But if i could ask one tiny favor... please spout off on the issues in the video and not the person presenting it. I dont know how many times i can post "thats not what he said". I have an irl problem with 'ackshully'ing people, and im trying to cut down. Thank you for your understanding.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing that struck me the most:

ION... Ion has said several times 'we failed our outer world players' (he said it in the build up to 6.2, he said it sometime during shadowlands (likely in the build up to 9.2) and he said it again in the recent annie fuschia interview). And every time ive thought 'this is lip service, i aint buying it'. But around 27 minutes in (and several times thereafter) ION brings it up. I love preach and have done since... i dunno... 128kb modem land. But he isnt going to... completely advocate for players like me (though i loved his benthic rant in wod when he exclaimed "why cant this shit just improve farming in outdoor content, why is it invading MY content!" - i completely agreed with him then, and maybe... its coming... soonTM given the zm conduit thingy. His goal was always 'the donut': helping players move from the casual playerbase to the hardcore juicy filling in wow. I respect it, but im also passed caring about it (im very old).

What i loved though, was that Ion was the one to keep trying to refocus the conversation back to world players. It was unprompted and something he really felt he needed to say.

I'm completely on the fence about diving into dragonfl... well, not on the fence. I know im not going to play it on launch. But in ten weeks or so when the dust settles (and all the major features are unlocked), im... more excited to come back now than i was barely a week ago with all their other interviews. The video restored a degree of trust in the devs again that i havent felt in a while. Sure, we aint getting the best gear for world quests (nobody really asked - except a few loons/trolls), but it finally felt like players like me werent just being told to get good or find another game. Thats pretty sweet.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2022-11-26 at 11:07 AM.

The thread is on the front page right now with over 160 comments.

Yikes dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    The thread is on the front page right now with over 160 comments.

Yikes dude.
    eep! it is! Im so sorry... i just head straight to the forums (bookmark).

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    i just head straight to the forums (bookmark).
    You should update your bookmark to the forum frontpage, it's right there in the News section

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...de-Blizzard-HQ

thanks for the er, tip (to the thread i recently posted on - tragically, i cant reverse time and delete the thread, i did try when it was initially brought to my attention ). Also, that thread... its pretty much about preach and not about the actual content... so, perhaps theres a space to discuss the themes of the video rather than the person?
    Last edited by ippollite; 2022-11-26 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Also, that thread... its pretty much about preach and not about the actual content... so, perhaps theres a space to discuss the themes of the video rather than the person?
    Unfortunately, as this is MMO-C, pretty much every time someone mentions or even dares to link to a streamer, tuber, content creator, whatever you wanna call them, the conversation will be mostly focused on the person rather than the content. Some people like them, some people do not. But they sure as hell will talk about them.

As for me, I have not and will not watch any video like that. So I cannot comment on the content, only the person.

agreed... but... i have faith! we can... just watch the vid and perhaps have a constructive conversation relating directly to the intentions of the creator? I HAVE FAITH.

probably misguided though it might be... lets go team! (despite the fact theres a 200 comment thread on the front page and we've already weighed in!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Closing this thread as, previously mentioned, it is a duplicate of an existing news post.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead