5+ Year Old Account

[NEED HELP] Abilities do not work when i have my mouse cursor over something

Abilities do not work when i have my mouse cursor over something

I don't know why this is happening. Is there something in Game Menu>Options to fix this?

When I have my mouse cursor over something like a mob, an enemy hostile target, and I press my Expel Harm ability on my monk, it doesn't work. But when I don't have my mouse curser over anything, it works. Same with my Rushing Jade Wind ability and Spinning Crane Kick. Thanks!
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2023-05-30 at 12:26 PM.

Do you have any UI addons active? Some of them have a mouseover casting option that may interfere with certain abilities or macros. Other than that the only thing I can think of is there is an option somewhere for mouseover casting of abilities in the stock settings somewhere.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have any addons that I know of that could be interfering, that I know of. I have disable pretty much all my addons and use the new Dragonflight stock ui. I'll try to scroll thru WoW's settings and see if there is a setting. Thanks for the reply!

- - - Updated - - -

~~~ UPDATED!!! ~~~

OMG, I figured out what was the problem!

It's the new Click Casting feature that Blizzard just added that's causing the problem! As soon as I unchecked Mouseover Cast in the new Click Casting feature, I was able to use my abilities while having my mouse cursor over the enemy target!

Just go to the Game Menu > Options, go to Keybindings. And open Click Casting and uncheck Mouseover Cast!!!

Mmo-champion, please sticky this or at least never delete this thread for others to know about if they encounter this problem. I like helping people on the Internet. And just for me too, because I like reading my old threads, haha.
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2023-05-30 at 10:22 PM.

Great! Glad you got it figured out. I know all the UI updates added a good amount of features that changed some things. This was just one of them.