Quote Originally Posted by Fortrond View Post
    Ty guys for advices. I picked Syndra. I will wait for any info about Viktor's rework and then will buy him.
    Great choice. If Viktor has a chance at getting a re-work it will not be for a while from my understanding since there are other things that need to be worked on before he needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It would be different if it was even and he out played me, but that wasn't the case.

HE pushed the lane to my turret by 2:30, didn't help my jungler came in and gave him first blood.
    The Irelia vs. Zac match up is hard and in favor of Zac from my understanding

Irelia is reliant on farm & auto attacks to deal damage and can be countered heavily with a Randuin's omen since it reduces the attack speed of the enemy hitting that champion who has the item.

I would still prefer Irelia because if you play her right she can punish enemies who try to be greedy. Time up your W activation with E stun & Q dash if they try to run away.

Irelia is a high skill match up vs champions like Riven/Jax/Jayce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aatrox is free to play this week, so give him a go first.

I just purchased some Riot points so I now have 2076 and not sure what champions to buy. I have had my eye on Syndra for a few days now but I am concerned about her learning curve. I am level 30 and don't really have a main and I don't play ranked since I kinda hit level 30 and took a break for 6 months or so.

Out of my 2k RP I can buy 2 champions. For the first one I want a good, sustainable Mage champion and I am honestly unsure about what other champion to buy. Been looking at Varus but like I said I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I'd recommend saving your RP for skins as it's the only currency available for them, whereas champions you obviously have IP as well.

Syndra is one of my favourite APs, I think she's a lot of fun to play and is definitely worth taking the time to learn if you can be bothered to do it.
    I am not really a person that is interested in skins to be honest. I see champions as a better investment

10+ Year Old Account
    is that true i need lvl 30 and 16 champs to even play ranked games ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    This is indeed true.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Deleted
    That being the enforced minimum, you should also have some experience with the game itself, a competence in each of the 5 roles and a decent selection of at least 2-3 champs for each role that you can play decently before you jump into ranked :P

Deleted
    It's necessary because there are 6 bans and 10 picks (5 on each team). So 16 champions guarantee that even if all 6 bans and all 9 previous picks (assuming you are last pick) banned/picked one of your champions, you can still pick that last champion remaining (even though it might not be suited for the role).

Still, if you are a fresh level 30, jumping right into ranked is something that a lot of people on this forum advice against. You have 10 placement matches that heavily influence your seeding into the divisions, so it's better to practice a bit and get comfortable with draft mode and level 30 "quality" of players before jumping into the placement matches.

Take myself as an example. I've played league for 2 years but as I played WoW the whole time, I only logged into league every now and then, got to level 30, played a few botgames, normal games. Then with MoP release I didn't play LoL at all, but after I stopped with WoW, I started ranked after only playing a handfull of games. I went 3/7 in my placement matches and got placed into Bronze 4. Since then all I've done is continue to work myself up, currently sitting in Silver 3. But it is a painful grind, even if you go on streaks of 10+ wins, getting a couple of AFKers or leavers in your promotion games still stops your fast climb. I regret not playing more games before jumping into my placement matches, because I could've gotten to Silver or maybe even higher if I had done well in those games.

Deleted
    Yup.

Riot should also put another requirement: you need your two rune pages filed before being able to go play ranked. That would be so great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    Still, if you are a fresh level 30, jumping right into ranked is something that a lot of people on this forum advice against.
    Best advice ever.

Well I just bought Syndra an hour ago and have been playing some Co-op vs AI with her and I have to say that she is a ton of fun to play with and not as hard as I originally expected her to be. It can be tricky at times to get the position of the balls right to do the knockback + stun combo when the enemy is advancing on you but it is a learning process.

Still have 1000 RP left and I think I want an ADC since I have a rune page for ADC (still working on AP rune page). Like I said I am considering Varus but I am not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Syndra is great, but pulling off her max damage combo is fairly labour intensive as it required good timing for the max number of orbs.

Varus is a great ADC and one of my favourites. Long range, easy last hitting and excellent utility. Needs positioning more than some others as he has no escapes. Depending on who you have, it might be a good idea to grab Draven or Twitch instead though.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Well I just bought Syndra an hour ago and have been playing some Co-op vs AI with her and I have to say that she is a ton of fun to play with and not as hard as I originally expected her to be. It can be tricky at times to get the position of the balls right to do the knockback + stun combo when the enemy is advancing on you but it is a learning process.

Still have 1000 RP left and I think I want an ADC since I have a rune page for ADC (still working on AP rune page). Like I said I am considering Varus but I am not sure.

Varus has been my favorite ADC for a long time. He has a strong presence for the entire duration of the game, and his ultimate brings a huge amount of utility in team fights.

As Duilliath said, he does lack an escape, but that only becomes an issue if you have no map awareness or you have very poor positioning in team fights. In those situations, an escape probably won't do much for you anyways.

If you decide not to go with Varus, Miss Fortune and Caitlyn are my other go-to ADC's and are both quite strong. Ezreal is also very fun to play as well, but he's extremely skillshot dependent.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseLocked View Post
    Varus has been my favorite ADC for a long time. He has a strong presence for the entire duration of the game, and his ultimate brings a huge amount of utility in team fights.

As Duilliath said, he does lack an escape, but that only becomes an issue if you have no map awareness or you have very poor positioning in team fights. In those situations, an escape probably won't do much for you anyways.

If you decide not to go with Varus, Miss Fortune and Caitlyn are my other go-to ADC's and are both quite strong. Ezreal is also very fun to play as well, but he's extremely skillshot dependent.
    I might consider Caitlyn as well actually - hadn't thought of her. Looked at spotlights of Miss Fortune and can't really say she sparked my interest and I already own Ezreal. Thanks for the suggestions though!

10+ Year Old Account
    i heard that u can get some champions and skins for free from riot.

could u list all the champs and the way how to get them ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Medieval Twitch

._.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haz mafia Twitch.

I still want Medieval Twitch.

Also, I want to have teammates that I can convince to play a skins team. Team Robot go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Chogath, Orianna, Kha'zix, Nunu, Rammus, Urgot, Amumu would all qualify based on skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am fine with most teams tbh. Team Pirate go!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Nah people would just end up buying the cheapest runes and getting useless stats :s
    Better than having 0 runes. Also, if you get tier 1/2 runes, you'll end up wasting IP and that has repercussions such as delaying the build of tier 3 runes.

Meh, probably too harsh but yeah.