10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bustin fat nuts View Post
    How is talon? He's on sale and he looks like he would be cool. Do you guys enjoy talon? Is he like a tanky bruiser? Is he only really a counter pick?
    Talon is an assassin. He is one of my favorite champions, and one of my best I think. He snowballs really hard, and it is fairly easy to carry games on him.

He is usually sent mid since he naturally counters APs with his E (it blinks him to them, and silences them) and the amount of damage he does. It's not uncommon to take some from 100 to 0 in one rotation of your spells, though I usually take ignite too, so you get that little extra oomph. He doesn't really do anything if he doesn't get items, which is probably his biggest downfall. And since he has a melee auto attack he can be denied if the other person is playing correctly. It is hard to zone a talon though.

He can be played solo top, but I prefer him middle. He doesn't trade well with bruisers and usually ends up losing top. Not always, but a lot of the time. If you are playing ranked or draft, top is more viable since you know what you are going to be fighting, but taking him top in blind pick is really risky.

I also play him bot with karma or leona for a kill lane. I'm not going to say that's how talon should be played, since it's pretty much a gimmick, but it usually works and it's really fun.

I haven't played him much in ranked, so I don't really know if people know to counterpick him, but I think he is best used as a counterpick. If you're just a really good talon player you can pretty much kill all the mids, but you will lose to someone eventually.

I would pick him up, he's a really good champion to have. He can be jungled, but I honestly think ezrael is better at jungling than talon.

Deleted
    Have got my GF into the game and am struggling to think of what to play with her. She's playing AD carries, mostly Ashe, as I think you have the most opportunity to learn the basic mechanics with them, and mostly just have to focus on farming/right-clicking at low levels. The issue is I don't want to smurf and am level 28, so generally our opponents are a bit more practiced than her. I've tried playing Leona with her, but that didn't end well without her being able to secure kills that easily and Leona can't do jack on her own. This is made worse when at low levels you get all kinds of lane comp, like Noct/Trynd bot. Also played Jax, but fell behind the other team eventually due to trying to leave farm to her and survive on kills alone.

What I want is a character that I can fairly safely build GP5 on and leave all the farm to her, while having the ability to go aggressive and protect her off my own back and stay in the game, and still be able to do damage. At lower levels of play, obviously farm numbers will be lower and so the selection is a lot wider and less orthodox than what I could feasibly pick at high level games. I have 6.5k IP and was going to buy Lee Sin, but seeing as I'm playing mostly with her atm I don't think he'd fit the bill, but maybe he will with a couple of Doran's for early pressure. Thinking Anivia or Nidalee, any other ideas?

EDIT: Not explained too well. Basically, a character that can be unorthodox support that has enough babysitting potential without wanting to roflstomp all over new players. However if there's another high level/mouthy little git, I can turn round and stomp them.
    Last edited by mmoc2d5f80d265; 2012-06-20 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pick Tristana as lane partner over Ashe though, but there's a couple possible supports:

Poppy and Sion work fairly well. They both provide a lot of kill opportunities. Poppy farms horridly anyway so going Philostone and leaving minions to Ashe will be fine. A kill and an assist will set her in motion. Sion can quite easily steamroll ahead if you get a few good stuns off. Even without farm he does massive damage.

Pantheon works fairly similar to Sion, but is a bit harder to turn around a poor game with. Gangplank is a good support as well with crazy harass and a global assist.

More magical options include Morgana (shield + snare + ult), Fiddlesticks (that silence and fear...) and LeBlanc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    What I want is a character that I can fairly safely build GP5 on and leave all the farm to her, while having the ability to go aggressive and protect her off my own back and stay in the game, and still be able to do damage. At lower levels of play, obviously farm numbers will be lower and so the selection is a lot wider and less orthodox than what I could feasibly pick at high level games. I have 6.5k IP and was going to buy Lee Sin, but seeing as I'm playing mostly with her atm I don't think he'd fit the bill, but maybe he will with a couple of Doran's for early pressure. Thinking Anivia or Nidalee, any other ideas?

EDIT: Not explained too well. Basically, a character that can be unorthodox support that has enough babysitting potential without wanting to roflstomp all over new players. However if there's another high level/mouthy little git, I can turn round and stomp them.
    Blitzcrank, 100%

Can also do support Nautilus, Cho'Gath, Galio, Maokai, Shen, or Volibear
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    I haven't read a lot on here about Miss Fortune? I'm only new to this (level 8) but I'm kinda getting the feeling I've picked / got used to someone who's not a lot of use?

10+ Year Old Account
    She's okay. Can shut down sustain lanes fairly hard. There's other choices that carry harder at late game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I haven't read a lot on here about Miss Fortune? I'm only new to this (level 8) but I'm kinda getting the feeling I've picked / got used to someone who's not a lot of use?
    She has the best laning phase of all AD carries. Her innate MS and magic damage which doubles as an AS buff make it hard to punish or counter her. If you can transition to midgame as well as laning then you'll have no problem with her. The reason people say she falls off at late is because her skills, mostly her ult, don't do as much DPS as autoattacks but that's true for most AD carries anyway. Play mid safe and find the right time your ult damage falls off and you're golden.

Deleted
    So im thinking about buying a 4.8k top character. So the choose is between Rumble(i played he once during this free week ended up legendary so pretty much was surprised by his power) Swain (got some nice experiences with him and i think i need some more Ap tops) and j4(havent played him much but im experienced with ad bruisers so this would fit me well) and maby even trundle, but dont have anything really to say about him. I play at ~1.5k elo so what would be nice to win the usual picks , like jax irelia. Also i allways have problems with Ad kennen top and Yorick, so what would fit dealing with those guys?

Deleted
    Need an AD Carry bot. Tried MF, i kinda' like it, but i feel it to be a bit too squishy. I was thinking @Graves.
    Also an AP which i can learn to mid with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooky View Post
    Need an AD Carry bot. Tried MF, i kinda' like it, but i feel it to be a bit too squishy. I was thinking @Graves.
    More details?

Deleted
    For soloqueue "best" bot picks are Tristana (free) and Graves imo. But there aren't really "bad" ones right now, MF f.e. has a strong earlygame and is strong against sustain lanes due to her heal debuff, whereas Graves gives you burstpower and some CC/mobility. Trist has high range and mobility, but a weak midgame. Kog'Maw has the highest damage output, but has no real escapes and needs a team. Vayne does extreme damage too, but is easier to pick off due to low range and squishy nature.

Mid? Morgana, Cassiopeia, Ryze and Karthus are always good and safe picks.

Deleted
    Thinking about buying nautilus to play as a support/tank at bot. Just wondering how well does he perform this role compared to other champs?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    She has the best laning phase of all AD carries. Her innate MS and magic damage which doubles as an AS buff make it hard to punish or counter her. If you can transition to midgame as well as laning then you'll have no problem with her. The reason people say she falls off at late is because her skills, mostly her ult, don't do as much DPS as autoattacks but that's true for most AD carries anyway. Play mid safe and find the right time your ult damage falls off and you're golden.
    I think you forgot Cait. She got the best laning phase of all ad carries due to her range which allows her to punish the enemy for going for lasthits easily.

MF lategame isn't as bad as it used to be with her latest changes. The ult deals considerably more damage and is amazing when you got someone like jarvan or galio.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haelen View Post
    Thinking about buying nautilus to play as a support/tank at bot. Just wondering how well does he perform this role compared to other champs?
    He's like a mix of Blitzcrank and Leona, but I'd say both are better in that role. His grab makes you meet midway, whereas Blitz pulls to him. Leona can get at them through creeps with Zenith Blade while Naut can't, and they both have the same lockdown capabilities. He is the tankiest of the three with his shield, which you should max first for sustain/damage, but the AoE from shield/riptide can steal CS from your carry and indeed take kills which can be problematic. He is okay at it, but you may have problems if they stand in their creeps and in the event you do get a kill, your passive/dot from shield makes you accidentally get kills. Imo Leona just does it better.

That said, Naut is versatile enough to go top/jungle too, which is a bonus if you're spending that much on a champ. He's not a bad support, those two just outshine him imo.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    how do you find sejuani?

I played her on her free week and fell in love, I dont know why, but she just.. worked for me.

worth 975rp ? or would you say another champ is better at that role
    she relies too much on another champion for the kill since her dmg sucks. she's mostly good for her slows/cc

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 09:03 AM ----------

All the AD's are squishy since you're building damage. Try a champ that has a blink/dash so you can stay alive longer.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Who should i buy out of the three: Fizz, Ahri, or Kennen?
    I enjoy Kennen the most since he can go top/mid and doesnt use any mana.
    Last edited by Neonic; 2012-06-21 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanox View Post
    So im thinking about buying a 4.8k top character. So the choose is between Rumble(i played he once during this free week ended up legendary so pretty much was surprised by his power) Swain (got some nice experiences with him and i think i need some more Ap tops) and j4(havent played him much but im experienced with ad bruisers so this would fit me well) and maby even trundle, but dont have anything really to say about him. I play at ~1.5k elo so what would be nice to win the usual picks , like jax irelia. Also i allways have problems with Ad kennen top and Yorick, so what would fit dealing with those guys?
    Trundle can shrug off Yorick's harass pretty much. Swain completely destroys Darius. Rumble is a solid choice as well. Personally I prefer J4 in the jungle over having him in top lane.

All of those will do well, but if you specifically want to counter pick Yorick, grab Trundle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanox View Post
    My vote goes to Rumble.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haelen View Post
    As others have said, I'd rather be a good Blitzcrank or Leona.

However, Naut is pretty much god-tier jungle right now and he's an interesting top laner as well. You're getting a lot of versatility if you buy Nautilus.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

irelia vs jarvan. which one is better and why ?:-? want to go top or jungle.
    thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blashyrkhzr View Post
    irelia vs jarvan. which one is better and why ?:-? want to go top or jungle.
    thank you!
    For solo top, either can work depend on your playstyle. They seem to be fairly evenly matched for the solo top role, as the both can harass the enemy with the EQ knockup and QE slow/stun combo for J4 and Irelia respectively, although Irelia has the edge with sustain with her W.

For jungling, Jarvan would be the way to go no doubt about it. Being able to pull level 2 ganks with your EQ knockup combo is music to your ears.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-06-22 at 03:37 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

bought j4. and won the 1st game, just a question, do you replace wriggles lantern late game? what do u buy instead if u already have frozen mallet, thornmail atma and randuins omen.