10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I can see Morgana b/c her Q alone makes her scary for engages.

However, Yorick is really just a kill lane like AD + Pantheon. Yorick really only belongs top as his solo lane game is incredibly strong. Besides, unless you're sharing CS w/ your carry (which is dumb), he's going to hit like a wet noodle and will only be good for ulting said carry.
    Not only that, but her E for avoiding ganks / blitz grabs / most of the magic damage that ADs have is amazing. And on top of that, her ulti remains crazy good even without a silly amount of AP.

Went Morello's, Frozen Heart, Boots2 and Philo Stone and then the game was over. (Not in that order.)

I think Yorick mostly works as support because of his insane harass. He can just zone the enemy AD+Support entirely and when it comes to level 6, and Ulti on your AD carry turns it into a 3v2. (Not that I ever tried him, nor am I tempted. Just know it can be done.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Fair, may have to give it a whirl in a normal game or two.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I need a quick thought on what to buy next.
    I'm currently maining junglers, mostly Warwick and Udyr. Already have Lee Sin, Shyvana, Mundo and Alistar(Although I really can't get the hang of him in the jungle :S). So I'm thinking what other jungler should I buy. Possible junglers I'm thinking of are Nocturne, Amumu, Nautilus, Riven or Shen. I'm a Shen fan, but at the current ELO I'm at, he is a 9/10 games banned, so it would be a waste, I think.
    Any thoughts are appreciated. Give me tips on what to buy next, and if possible, how to effectively play him.
    Question is mostly for experienced junglers, but anyone is welcome to answer.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc694b32de10; 2012-06-26 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nautilus seems the best idea. You've got Mundo, Lee Sin and Shyvana already for fast clearing / counter jungling and Nautilus is just a CC machine for when you need it, which none of those three provide.

Deleted
    What runes should I run him with? Currently I'm using AS reds, Armor yellows, MR/lvl Blues and MS quints on Udyr, Warwick and Mundo, as for the rest, I swap the AS reds for flat AD ones. Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Check Solomid. It has some nice guides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ted92 View Post
    What runes should I run him with? Currently I'm using AS reds, Armor yellows, MR/lvl Blues and MS quints on Udyr, Warwick and Mundo, as for the rest, I swap the AS reds for flat AD ones. Any thoughts?
    AS marks are perfect for Naut. You could also run MPen for a little more damage, but since Naut's main role is insane CC and not damage, AS is better because it speeds up his clear.

Currently play AP Kennen as my main, with Anivia and Lux as my back ups (If this makes sense), looking at picking up another hero with my IP. I don't really have any AD heroes, I currently only have Kog'Maw, so need to purchase a solid hero.

I personally was thinking about Shaco, Varus or Ezrael, however I'm not sure (open to suggestions of other heroes).

Cheers :3
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    Currently play AP Kennen as my main, with Anivia and Lux as my back ups (If this makes sense), looking at picking up another hero with my IP. I don't really have any AD heroes, I currently only have Kog'Maw, so need to purchase a solid hero.

I personally was thinking about Shaco, Varus or Ezrael, however I'm not sure (open to suggestions of other heroes).

Cheers :3
    You have a strong 3 for AP, that's good.

Kog is one of the best AD carries out there if the team buys into the "protect" playstyle. Are you looking for another ranged AD carry? If so, take a look at Graves. He's much more durable than kog, has an AS steroid, great early game harass, a long range cone ultimate, and an amazing AoE slow/blind smoke bomb thingy that can be used to block choke points and control a fight.

Those two champs would give you a decent AD carry start. Kog is better for poke/sustain comps (ie: Soraka support) or when paired with Nunu (bloodboil + Kog's W is disgusting). Graves is solid with ANY support and against ANY opponents.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Currently while I'm lvling on my way to 30 (28 atm), I play 95% of the time mid (Ahri <3), 4% I play Riven at (solo) top and the resting 1% is either AD carry/support/jungle, though AD carry or support I yet have to play in normal games.

As for jungling, I picked Udyr for this because I like his fast clear speed. What I however like less, is his ganking ability. I find that he's a bit lacking as he only have Bear Stance to run up fast to the enemy, which can often fail. So, I kinda prefer some sort of charge/dash. What jungler would suit this choice the best?

I have been thinking about Skarner or Maokai. Skarner is a bit like Udyr but I like his ult, pulling into tower is such a boss and lategame he seems to be really strong. Or Maokai, he looks to be quite a support but I like his Sapling which can function as a ward which I like, knowing if the enemy is there or not really helps me. And he has also a root and slow, which is lovely. Or should I go Shyvana? She seems very strong and is on sale atm, and her ult can be used as a dash.

I'm not really considering Nocturne because he simply doesn't catch my attention, and what I heard he's dependable on kills to be succesfull lategame, and as a beginner jungler I do not expect to get a lot of kills. Not a big fan of Alistair either.

Deleted
    Lee Sin. His mobility is incredible, can gank early, deal a ton of damage... He's hard to master though, with a very high skillcap, and often banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Lee Sin. His mobility is incredible, can gank early, deal a ton of damage... He's hard to master though, with a very high skillcap, and often banned.
    Ah forgot to mention Lee Sin. I tried him but as you say, he's hard to master and I'm just a beginner yet at jungling so Lee Sin is out of the question. I'm defo trying him when I've become much, MUCH better though. Thanks for the reply though.

Also, one of the other possible champs for jungling I've considered as well would be Jax, I like his spells and he got a leap/stun.

Any recommendations for a mid champion? I love Karthus and Cassiopeia, recently got Ahri, not so bad as well, anything worth giving a shot?
    Doesn't have to be a pure AP caster, just good mid champ

10+ Year Old Account
    So i have some RP sitting around, and i see that Lulu and Shyvanna are both on sell. Both are champions that have interested me, i can get both, but i am saving some cause some of the new possible champions datamined sound cool as hell.

My question is this, which to buy?
    I have several jungle champs (nocturne/nunu/amumu i think a few others patching game atm so can't bring up full list). I have not jungled since well before Riot revamped the jungle, and been itching to try it out, and Shyvanna sounds like a fun one.

BUT

I also want to learn support, and while Lulu is not your typical support, she seems fun as hell. I think i own Soraka/Kayle/Sona so i guess i can learn from others, but i always thought Lulu was kind of interesting, and i remember seeing her in a few games, and she seemed to help the team a lot.

So if i was to buy one of them? Which would i probably see more use out of?

My playstyle...My best champ is J4, i also like Graves and Darius...Typically play AD, but can play Veiger or Malz as ap, been wanting to spread my skillset out a bit.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So i have some RP sitting around, and i see that Lulu and Shyvanna are both on sell. Both are champions that have interested me, i can get both, but i am saving some cause some of the new possible champions datamined sound cool as hell.

I have several jungle champs (nocturne/nunu/amumu i think a few others patching game atm so can't bring up full list). I have not jungled since well before Riot revamped the jungle, and been itching to try it out, and Shyvanna sounds like a fun one.

BUT

I also want to learn support, and while Lulu is not your typical support, she seems fun as hell. I think i own Soraka/Kayle/Sona so i guess i can learn from others, but i always thought Lulu was kind of interesting, and i remember seeing her in a few games, and she seemed to help the team a lot.

My playstyle...My best champ is J4, i also like Graves and Darius...Typically play AD, but can play Veiger or Malz as ap, been wanting to spread my skillset out a bit.
    Nocturne and Jarvan are both 'better' junglers than Shyvana, they can clear quickly and have incredible ganking power, whereas she doesn't. Wouldn't get her if you already have a couple of good picks. Lulu's okay as a support, but she doesn't really have the peeling power of Janna nor the ability to be super aggressive like Blitz/Leona/Alistair and so falls kind of awkwardly in the middle. I haven't seen her in a game in a good while, so can't say a whole lot except she's outclassed in many aspects by cheaper champs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you playing the same game as I am? Shyvana, together with Mundo, is arguably the strongest jungler in the game.

Lulu makes for very aggressive play and does very well in lane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Are you playing the same game as I am? Shyvana, together with Mundo, is arguably the strongest jungler in the game.

Lulu makes for very aggressive play and does very well in lane.
    Probably. It's a different game at different stages of level, ELO or whatever. In high level games dominated by CS and opportunistic counter-jungling she probably is very good, as is Mundo. In games where early game ganks and snowballing are what it's all about, I doubt she's as effective as Lee Sin/Jarvan. These posts are to canvas opinion, and in my experience from my games, that's been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post

BUT

If you're learning Support, I think Lulu would be hard start since she's more of a utility support and she has little to no sustain which can be harder than a sustain support because she's proactive rather than reacrtive. You have to read the opponents.

In contrast, Shyvana is a fast to learn jungler which can open up a lot of possibilities due to her clearspeed. She's also a great counterjungler becasue of her camp clearing speed and dueling power and a very safe pick. She has no CC whatsoever so focus on clearing and counterjungling, ganking only when there is really chance. She snowballs. Hard. Take exhaust to assure that early kill and everyone will fear you. Once you can get Phage and her ganking issues are gone. Couple that up with her W movement speed and you got map control. She isn't overly tanky like Jarvan or Mundo but she can dish out much more damage than them.

I'd go for Shyvana but if you can learn and master Lulu you master support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i appreciate all the input. Looks like Shyvana might be the route i go. I really thought lulu looks fun, but since im new at support id pass on it.

Second question....

Any must buy champs in the 3150-4800 Ip range? Just asking cause i checked my account and realized i had some extra IP. Honestly IP im willing to spend on just about anyone that sounds fun...if there is a easier support or jungler at 4800 or below id probably give them a shot.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most all of the cheap champions are pretty good. There's great APs, ADs and Junglers in there. Jarvan or Swain are great, for example. So are Ryze or Jax. I really like Nunu and Morgana as support, but Sona and Soraka are probably the 'go-to' for most people together with Janna.