10+ Year Old Account
    are there any holidays where ultimate skins are on sale ? like black friday or whatever it is called

Deleted
    Nope, they're only ever on sale for a few days when they're launched.

what other mids should I try to master? I'm getting pretty good with Karthus (lots of double digit kill games with less but still double digit deaths). I know Veigar and Annie aren't too viable champs right now, but I'm really good with them. I'm pretty good with Anivia and Brand as well. Should I go for Ahri and Ori next?

Deleted
    Both Ahri and Ori are great but I'd probably stick with Ahri first since I believe her to be easier to play with and learn over Orianna.

Deleted
    I recently found out that I really like to top lane.

I played mainly ( 90% of my games in the past week ) with Garen and enjoyed playing him a lot.
    But I think he's not that competetive and I need to switch it up a little bit.

So, what top laners are really good and similar to Garen?

Quote Originally Posted by Texxi View Post

I played mainly ( 90% of my games in the past week ) with Garen and enjoyed playing him a lot.

I assume by 'similiar to Garen' you mean champions that are tanky who still put out respectable numbers early-mid game. I'd suggest Renekton, Xin Zhao, Darius, or Udyr. If you're feeling like making the other team's top lane cry, Singed is another great possible pick.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

So, realizing I have to get more champions outside of mids and AP Casters turned supports. Since I got great advice last time, I'd hope to figure this out again! So, with the IP I have, I was leaning towards getting Malphite for top and either Soraka or Janna for a real support.

Also, really enjoying Lux. Her Ultimate is hilarious and on such a short CD.

Deleted
    Hello all. I want to know what you guys think of Rumble?
    Looking for a fun top laner. Top really isn't my lane and
    I do better in others, but I want someone who's fun to
    have with, when playing with friends etc..

Is Rumble good, because I hear people saying he's weak?
    Thx!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementFreak View Post

Thx!
    I've never played Rumble, only seen/played against him and most I've seen don't land his shots so I've never really seen him played well. As far as a fun top laner, when I top, the majority of the time I play wukong, his ult just carves in team fights and being able to jukes people with decoy is so funny to watch.
    Last edited by Byrogan; 2013-08-16 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukitama View Post
    So, realizing I have to get more champions outside of mids and AP Casters turned supports. Since I got great advice last time, I'd hope to figure this out again! So, with the IP I have, I was leaning towards getting Malphite for top and either Soraka or Janna for a real support.

I would not recommend Soraka. She's very weak right now. For universally strong supports, I would go with Nami, Thresh, or Sona.

Malphite is a strong top in the right matchup, but he draws a lot of bans in lower elo because of his ult, so if you're thinking about picking him up to play regularly in ranked he's probably not your best bet.

Lux is a strong mid. She's a bit risky though if you aren't particularly gifted at landing skillshots reliably.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Deleted

Lux is fine mid, but squishy against diving/assassins. Counter by passive play and you'll still be fine.

Top Malphite is a good pick against a certain few champions. You'll need more than 1 champion, but he's pretty okay to start with. But know that you won't kill anyone in lane with him, he barely has any damage and functions as a hard engage tank.

Janna is the highest winrate support for a long time, somewhat weaker lane presence but very strong teamfight presence. Has potential for great plays, but they can end up helping the other team. I'd suggest her over any other support because of how easy it is with her to roam/ward/survive/help others survive. Nami otherwise, but she's pretty difficult to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Texxi View Post

Darius, Renek, Zac. Can't remember more now, though Zac is good.

Between Janna and Soraka, get Janna. She's a lot better in the current meta.

As for top, malphite is meh and works better against champions that are ad dependent or against a team that has a lot of ad.

Lux is also good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Veigar and Annie
    Veigar and Annie are as viable as they have always been.

I really hate when seemingly everybody goes "well my favourite pro team has said that champion X does not suit any of their comps; this obviously means that champion X is not viable in solo queue."

you can rape faces with Veigar, he has one of the shortest cooldown longest duration aoe stuns IN THE GAME with A MASSIVE RANGE and can REMOVE a champion from the game unless they built specifically to counter him and even then he deals tons of damage.

the same goes for Annie. Annie has insane amounts of aoe damage and together with an aoe stun in the form of W or R she's a threat to be reckoned with.

the problem is; if you think your champion is weak you are now going to be playing defensively. you are not going to be aggressive and play to your limits and essentially you're nerfing yourself.

currently there is not a single champion in this game that isn't viable. if you really wanted to you could go Tryndamere adc. the problem is all champions in this game has strengths and weaknesses and you're going to have an easier or harder time playing certain champions vs certain other champions.

and on the topic of Soraka being a bad support;
    team comps are very focused around hard CC nowadays, and Soraka can't really make anything happen. if a fight breaks out she can't protect her adc as well as Nami or Janna can. she doesn't bring utility to the table. she brings a massive heal and unlimited mana in lane, and some +300 health depending on level for everyone on her team. she won't make any real plays but depending on the situation that's fine. playing from behind with Soraka is going to be an absolute pain tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementFreak View Post

Thx!
    Rumble is fun and does pretty good damage. He's not one of the *best* right now, but he is still really good. He's also an early-game bully, which means he can harass or seriously hurt his opponent in lane. You can even kill them if they are not careful, or if they are melee and can't get you.

His problem is mainly being melee, so if he meets people like Jayce and Elise, he's not the worst against them, but they still beat him 99% of the time.

If you want an AP top that does good damage, he's pretty solid. I'd recommend him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm focusing on playing as support, and I have some RPs to spend.
    These are the champions I have: Alistar, Blitzcrank, Janna, Nunu, Sona, Soraka and Taric
    These are the ones I don't: Leona, Lulu, Nami and Thresh

So, two question:
    a) Should I consider Zyra as an "offensive support"? I read some people saying she's good for this role...
    b) If you had to pick 3 champions from these ones (including Zyra), which ones do you guys think it would be the better option?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    These are the champions I have: Alistar, Blitzcrank, Janna, Nunu, Sona, Soraka and Taric

So, two question:
    a) Should I consider Zyra as an "offensive support"? I read some people saying she's good for this role...
    b) If you had to pick 3 champions from these ones (including Zyra), which ones do you guys think it would be the better option?

Thanks.
    I'd say Zyra is a good aggressive support. If you can't be aggressive, then I'd say don't buy her until you can be aggressive, or buy her and try it.

As for the other supports you don't have. I'd probably buy Leona for last and would pick Nami and/or Thresh first, probably Nami since Thresh is always banned, then I would go for the one you didn't buy, then Lulu and then Leona.

As for Lulu, she's pretty good too but also requires a bit of aggressiveness like Zyra but I guess it just depends on your play style? I don't know. I guess that's up to you.

So, two question:

Thanks.
    A lot of the supports you don't have are very good
    Thresh being the best off of the group but he gets banned often
    I enjoy Nami and Lulu is also a good support
    Leona is a very agressive support (but I can't say too much about her because I don't play her much)
    So I would Suggest Thresh next then possibly Nami

10+ Year Old Account
    First, thanks for all the answers.

I'd say Zyra is a good aggressive support.
    Ops, sorry, false friends.

I'd probably buy Leona for last and would pick Nami and/or Thresh first, probably Nami since Thresh is always banned, then I would go for the one you didn't buy, then Lulu and then Leona.
    My rating is pretty low (bronze 1), so people don't ban Thresh that often in my matches, but I can see that being a problem in a close future. Nami seems to be a very strong and fun champion. If both Lulu and Zyra are aggressive, I'll probably pick Zyra, I like her better than Lulu.

If you're playing Leona and you start to fall behind it's incredibly difficult to do anything in your lane, and if you're not tanky enough by the late game there's almost no point in you being there anyway.
    If you aren't aggressive enough as Zyra you get pushed back too far and don't really do anything. Her root and ult are great, maybe her slowing plants too but I just don't think it's worth it.

Both Leona and Zyra are perfect for kill lanes and if you're going for that then sure why not? but I think that you'd be better with Blitzcrank (Who you already have) if you wanted to play a kill lane.
    Blitzcrank is pretty much a perma-ban in bronze brackets, so it would be good for me to have some aggressive option other than Sona. (I read people saying that Taric is aggressive, but I don't feel confident enough to be aggressive with a melee champ by now)

A lot of the supports you don't have are very good
    I know, I'd buy all of them if I could!

Deleted

So, two question:

Thanks.
    Lulu

I would go for Lulu, she's extremely fun and good support all around.

But if you want an AGGRESSIVE supp then go for Leona, the most powerful initiation of any support I'd say (all spells focused on pretty much going all in)
    Rarely banned, tanky as hell and tons of CC. (Well, 2 stuns, but that's enough ^^)