10+ Year Old Account
    Swain. Top or mid, have fun.

Hey all,

looking for a new jungler. Been playing a lot of Elise but looking for a secondary one now that she's been nerfed a bit. I have a heavy farm playstyle, preferring to get into later team fights than early game roaming. Been trying out wukong, don't mind him but if you get behind then you can't carry. Olaf falls off way too hard for my playstyle. Been looking at J4 and Maokai, but I have others that i've played every once in a while. Not really a fan of Lee, due to my farm heavy style rather than early roaming.

basically jungler that:

-can transition into late game well
    -if behind, doesn't become useless
    -can go tanky
    -enough cc or control to have a large influence on fights (so no trundle jungle zzz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like either Nocturne or Vi.

Deleted
    Trundle not having enough influence on fights, what o_O ?

Bullshit aside, Wu Kong definitely matches that criteria, even if you fall behind the ult is absolutely devastating. I suggest you keep trying him as he's very impactful.

I know this isn't directly about buying champs, but I finally got all of them! Support Vel'koz hella fun! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Trundle is really good bruiser, but he is bruiser, yes he isn't that good in team fight in compare to many other champs
    Volibear can fit for u, he needs hp before gank, and he scales well with items

Deleted
    Somebody asked for multirole champion... It's been nerfed, but still. Kayle is probably the only champion that can do all roles pretty well. Adc being the least optimal one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    Somebody asked for multirole champion... It's been nerfed, but still. Kayle is probably the only champion that can do all roles pretty well. Adc being the least optimal one.

pretty helpful video for those interesting in still playing Kayle after the Lichbane nerfs. She is still certainly viable, but she doesn't explode people quite as fast as she used to.

what Bundle?

What does the Ahri say or Big and Tall?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    Oooh I want to watch that Kayle video but I'm in class

I've been experimenting with how to play her now and haven't settled on a new build.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    buy teemo + cottontail skin
    noughsaid

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Brand. Ziggs. Veigar. Anivia. Malzahar. Miss Fortune. Orianna.

Brand and Ziggs are my personal favorites out of that bunch
    Thanks! I am really liking Annie and Sivir but have been intrigued by Malzahar. I just wish I could try these out a game without having to buy them first. Saving up points is taking forever especially when I only play like 1-2 games a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malzahar has very solid lane phase, can easily push safely, and strong duelist, however a fed malzahar isn't as scary as fed brand or ziggs
    I'd say Malzahar is safe choice, once u play well with him, he can reward well and u will win lane and maybe annoy enemy farming too

15+ Year Old Account
    Malzahar's void gate thing does scale really well into late game - unfortunately it's a little too easily avoidable. It would also be nice if his ultimate did more damage. - or did the same damage but had a shorter cooldown (then it'd be more of a CC for teamfights). He's pretty good at winning lane phases though, so maybe the real meta with him is meant to be that - well played - he forces a lead over the enemy mid - and then his team has to capitalize during mid game where the enemies are weaker (possibly with other mid-game champions).

I just bought Fizz with IP, and then the Void Fizz skin - which is pretty fun! I'm tempted to save up for Fiora next, had her this free week and did quite well with her - plus she's got some cute skins

Question: Should I save for Fiora, or buy Zed next, or buy Mundo/Jax/Malphite/Taric (oddly the 1350 category is the largest bracket of champions I don't have yet).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-04-22 at 04:40 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Malzahar has very solid lane phase, can easily push safely, and strong duelist, however a fed malzahar isn't as scary as fed brand or ziggs
    I'd say Malzahar is safe choice, once u play well with him, he can reward well and u will win lane and maybe annoy enemy farming too
    Nice Malzahar goes on sale 5/2 so I should have enough rp to get him then. I also want to try brand and ziggs too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ziggs is simply a top 3 mid laner. You can pick him into any composition, matchup, etc...and do just fine. His wave clear makes siege / tower defense super easy, he can stop a split pusher from a neighboring lane, and with clever use of his W he's actually quite mobile.

Malz is great if they have a carry that requires lockdown OR if the rest of your team has picked a really strong engage comp so you can safely get in there for a full channel ultimate. Or let's say your team's first pick forgot to ban Jax? Hell yeah dust the Malz off the shelf, why not...when that late game monster comes flying in ahead of his team (because in anything below Diamond, positioning is rarely perfect)...lock that bitch up.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2014-04-22 at 01:43 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ziggs work with more comb, but malz is much safer pick
    It is hard to fail as malzahar, few can bully-kick malzahar out of his lane
    Malzahar strongest point is laning phase, master it u effectively cripple enemy mid while still having good AP mid laner, who is safe to play too

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Ziggs work with more comb, but malz is much safer pick
    It is hard to fail as malzahar, few can bully-kick malzahar out of his lane
    Malzahar strongest point is laning phase, master it u effectively cripple enemy mid while still having good AP mid laner, who is safe to play too
    Thanks for the tips. I plan to get all 3 (mal, ziggs, and brand) to see who I like best or just to play them all. I am also really liking Annie and I like Sivir a bit. Ziggs is free this week so I can try him out. And I have enough rp to buy mal when he goes on sale next week.

Deleted
    So guys, looking for a mid laner and a top laner.

Both champs preferably good, yet not picked ALL the time, i want something a little different to the main picked champs, yet still extremely viable.

My top laner champ i currently play is Shyvanna and mid i can play Lux, katarina, lulu or karma predominantly.

The likes of LB, Nid and kayle will no doubt receive nerfs soon so i dont really want a FOTM champ.

Hows talon/zed or lissandra mid? and maybe irelia/riven or trundle for top?

I currently main support and im looking to broaden my champion pool in those 2 positions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lissandra is mainly top champ actually not mid, rarely i see her mid
    Sometimes FOTM are just strong champs
    Zed is weaker since his projectile speed big nerf, I'd even go and say Talon is stronger as ad assassin mid than Zed, assume u can handle manage his mana
    Irelia is quite strong with teleport buff, same for Jax/Nasus who started to show up with some changes in game

So from champs u show, I'd say go for Irelia/Trundle top, Talon/Zed mid since i don't see Liss mid except counter specific champs