Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    I am having trouble deciding between Blitzcrank and Shen. Blitzcrank looks fun when you can land those blind Rocket Grabs and completely wreck someone laning against you, but Shen was fun when I played him during a free week and Reign of Gaming put him at number one on the Brusier tier list, which surprised me because I didn't think he did that much damage. Thoughts on Shen's damage and opinions on which is funner anyone? Thanks in advance.
    Blitzcrank is definitely the most *fun*, but a good Shen is an extremely valueable player to the team.

And Shen doesn't do as much damage as other bruisers, but he has good sustain and he can just take a crapton of damage since he's a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm considering in spending my fresh 6300 IP on a new AP champ (sort of my niche). I've been reading mixed opinions o nXerath, who i've been sort of tip-toeing around. Any opinions on how viable this champ is in ranked 5s? I've only ever played him around 2-3 months ago when he was free, and don't remember having particularly bad games with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    I'm considering in spending my fresh 6300 IP on a new AP champ (sort of my niche). I've been reading mixed opinions o nXerath, who i've been sort of tip-toeing around. Any opinions on how viable this champ is in ranked 5s? I've only ever played him around 2-3 months ago when he was free, and don't remember having particularly bad games with him.
    Xerath is free this week. So yust play some matches with him and thenn decide for yourself if u wanna spend the ip.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    I'd rather have a good Cass, Ryze, Gragas, Anivia, Karthus, Mordekaiser, or Zilean than a good Xerath.

Just sayin.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Started playing like 4 days ago (lvl 9 now) and played around with the free champs last weeks round, and got fond with Janna as support for my mate in bot. The question now is that should I buy Janna (not free this week) or wait till I get enough IP to buy Sona that everyone keeps praising?

And how easy/difficult/interesting is Sona compared to Janna?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    Started playing like 4 days ago (lvl 9 now) and played around with the free champs last weeks round, and got fond with Janna as support for my mate in bot. The question now is that should I buy Janna (not free this week) or wait till I get enough IP to buy Sona that everyone keeps praising?

Janna and Sona are my two most played supports. Janna's lack of sustain (outside of her ulti) makes her a bit more difficult to play.

For normal solo-Q, Sona is a bit more forgiving...however if you enjoy support I would recommend acquiring both.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Janna and Sona are my two most played supports. Janna's lack of sustain (outside of her ulti) makes her a bit more difficult to play.

For normal solo-Q, Sona is a bit more forgiving...however if you enjoy support I would recommend acquiring both.
    Alright, thanks for the input. =) Any champion suggestions for AP mid? Is Annie good? She is "recommended", but is she viable later, possibly in ranked matches? Watched some videos and guides and awmagad that Tibbers <3 But she seems very squishy..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post

Janna has more ways to save your teammate than sona, but sona has much better sustain. Of the two, there is no question that janna is harder to play (sona just is not a hard champion, being a good support is certainly difficult, but sona herself is not) and you can very easily mess teamfights up with your ult, but I find her a stronger pick than sona. Sona is a very good pick though. I would actually recommend picking them both up at some point, but since you are just starting I would go with janna. Imo it's better to learn the harder champion in the lower level brackets, and have experience playing her, than trying to learn her at 30.

If you find yourself going oom on her a lot, ask yourself do I really need to cast this spell.

You also mentioned APs. I would personally learn ryze and morgana. Morgana is banned about 90% of the time in ranked matches (at least at my elo), but is a very strong champion. Ryze is a very powerful mid with an excellent snare and a good burst combo. He is also very cheap if you want to pick him up. Cassiopeia is also a good pick mid, as she can dominate a lane very easily, and her damage output is absurd. Annie is a good champ, AoE stun and huge nuking potential, but it is a lot easier to counter pick her. Though really almost any AP can win a lane if the person playing them is skilled. Some lanes will obviously be harder (like annie v viegar) but it is still doable. I would recommend ryze though.

Deleted
    Well, im reaching a point where i got all the champions i have really wanted, last ones being renekton , lee sin and Draven. While waiting for new champions, im trying to decide between some champions that i have slight interest in so here is a list of some , all not in the same role but whatever :Talon Fizz Cassiopeia Nautilus Ziggs. Thats all i can think of atm. Soo which one to go for?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanox View Post
    Well, im reaching a point where i got all the champions i have really wanted, last ones being renekton , lee sin and Draven. While waiting for new champions, im trying to decide between some champions that i have slight interest in so here is a list of some , all not in the same role but whatever :Talon Fizz Cassiopeia Nautilus Ziggs. Thats all i can think of atm. Soo which one to go for?
    Depends what position you enjoy playing.

Mid? Cass all the way

Jungle? Nautilus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Janna has more ways to save your teammate than sona, but sona has much better sustain. Of the two, there is no question that janna is harder to play (sona just is not a hard champion, being a good support is certainly difficult, but sona herself is not) and you can very easily mess teamfights up with your ult, but I find her a stronger pick than sona. Sona is a very good pick though. I would actually recommend picking them both up at some point, but since you are just starting I would go with janna. Imo it's better to learn the harder champion in the lower level brackets, and have experience playing her, than trying to learn her at 30.

If you find yourself going oom on her a lot, ask yourself do I really need to cast this spell.

You also mentioned APs. I would personally learn ryze and morgana. Morgana is banned about 90% of the time in ranked matches (at least at my elo), but is a very strong champion. Ryze is a very powerful mid with an excellent snare and a good burst combo. He is also very cheap if you want to pick him up. Cassiopeia is also a good pick mid, as she can dominate a lane very easily, and her damage output is absurd. Annie is a good champ, AoE stun and huge nuking potential, but it is a lot easier to counter pick her. Though really almost any AP can win a lane if the person playing them is skilled. Some lanes will obviously be harder (like annie v viegar) but it is still doable. I would recommend ryze though.
    Thanks for your input too. Awesome to see that there are nice people here in the forums that are willing to help new players out at the beginning.
    As to difficulty of Janna, I don't find her that hard to play. Yea I've gone oom sometimes but that's because I was just casting too much at beg play.
    And I've read about her Flash+Ulti-combo in team fights but as lvl9 can't really use that yet

Gotta try Ryze this week then, he was one of the free champs. And I've already bought Veigar, thought he was cool looking xD and he's playstyle seemed fun.

Deleted
    So i need to find a fun AD carry. Ive had my eyes on Ezreal for a while now, but unfortunately havent tried him yet. Is he viable as AD carry later on? I see a lot of AP guides but not as many AD ones.
    Ive tried Ashe, Tristana Kog'maw and Vayne before, and so far Vayne was the most fun of them. Ashe feels too autoattacky and i cant seem to get used to Kog'maws slow attack animation, thus my CS with him was low all the times when i tried him.
    Dont get me wrong, i dont mind autoattacks being the strongest source of damage, but Ashe just...shoots a big arrow and then autoattacks for half an ice age (the volley doesnt count, its just more arrows >.<).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    So i need to find a fun AD carry. Ive had my eyes on Ezreal for a while now, but unfortunately havent tried him yet. Is he viable as AD carry later on? I see a lot of AP guides but not as many AD ones.
    Ive tried Ashe, Tristana Kog'maw and Vayne before, and so far Vayne was the most fun of them. Ashe feels too autoattacky and i cant seem to get used to Kog'maws slow attack animation, thus my CS with him was low all the times when i tried him.
    Dont get me wrong, i dont mind autoattacks being the strongest source of damage, but Ashe just...shoots a big arrow and then autoattacks for half an ice age (the volley doesnt count, its just more arrows >.<).
    He's perfectly viable. You can build him traditional AD, 2x dorans -> vamp -> IE or you can build him to cater to his Q, rushing a BT and throwing in a Sheen somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    That is exactly what I think too. She ain't easy though, she's just... boring.

Ezreal is very fun, and different. You can build him both AD and AP, whatever you prefer. He also has an extremely strong ultimate, which doesn't do much, but it does incredible damage and is good for picking off runners, helping across the map and in teamfights to get a big chunk of the other team's health off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Depends what position you enjoy playing.

Mid? Cass all the way

Jungle? Nautilus
    Im pretty much all around, i can get that might be hard to recommend that way, but id like to hear some PERSONAL preferences on these champs. Like why you like playing it and stuff

Deleted
    Imo Nautilus is quite fun, he is literally made out of CC, has a booming voice and is huge. Damn good jungler and for some extra fun you can play him as support for a massive kill lane. Bit like Leona, but with a booming voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanox View Post
    Im pretty much all around, i can get that might be hard to recommend that way, but id like to hear some PERSONAL preferences on these champs. Like why you like playing it and stuff
    Cassiopeia, played right, has no counters because of her range and sustained damage that's also AoE, benefits teamfights because of her ult, can use her W to zone people hard.

Nautilus has slow clears at any point in the game compared to other junglers, not as bad as some champions though. He has a seriously bad early game so if you get counterjungled, you're dead for sure. His ganks are godly becasue of all his CC and that's a plus for teamfights too, you'll be a huge tank and an unstoppable force late game just because you have so much CC.

The other champions you listed: Talon is a hard counter to squishies and snowballs as well as Master Yi, but he is a very situational pick. If you can't take advantage of his snowballing power, you'll fall behind way more than Shaco later in the game.

Same for Fizz, he is a counter to traditional mages and very annoying to play against, but you'll be very squishy and most times a prime target for the enemy team. He can decimate opponents though, but he'll most likely die in the process because his only escape is also part of his main combo.

Ziggs uses a LOT of mana and area skillshots, has very high damage but is super squishy. His global ult can secure a lot of kills if used right and has huge game-carrying potential. You have to use your mana very wisely even with blue buff and be careful at any stage of the game, because while you can burst most champions fast, you'll be the main goal for any and every enemy you come across. If you can get good positioning and can read teamfights well, he can devastate, BUT Cassiopeia wins in every category I listed him to be good at... so, your choice. Also if your jungler is Karthus, DON'T pick Ziggs. he needs blue kinda a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Led++: Great, now it made me think of Leona with a booming voice. Which, incidentally, is quite funny.

1. Put Leona in a diver suit
    2. ???
    3. Profit

Hai again.

So I was thinking about buying another AP-wise character. I already have Akali and I gotta say I totally dig her style! The assassin coming out of nowhere and instagibbing people (well if they cant or dont know how to counter her).

So my thoughts were on Kennen. I know he isn't that much of an "assassin" type,like Akali with all the jumping and dishing out ridiculous amounts of damage in short bursts, but this little squirrel seems intriguing.

Any opinions are welcome! Let me hear them.