15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernous View Post
    Hai again.

So I was thinking about buying another AP-wise character. I already have Akali and I gotta say I totally dig her style! The assassin coming out of nowhere and instagibbing people (well if they cant or dont know how to counter her).

So my thoughts were on Kennen. I know he isn't that much of an "assassin" type,like Akali with all the jumping and dishing out ridiculous amounts of damage in short bursts, but this little squirrel seems intriguing.

Any opinions are welcome! Let me hear them.
    Kennen is absolutely fantastic. If you're the mid AP (he can also play top lane to counter a tough melee bruiser), your jungler can have blue every time which is huge for a plethora of mana-using junglers (think Skarner, Udyr, Maokai, etc). He's a top-tier pick (not seen a whole lot in the pro tournaments anymore, but who cares).
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    Thanks for your input too. Awesome to see that there are nice people here in the forums that are willing to help new players out at the beginning.
    As to difficulty of Janna, I don't find her that hard to play. Yea I've gone oom sometimes but that's because I was just casting too much at beg play.
    And I've read about her Flash+Ulti-combo in team fights but as lvl9 can't really use that yet

Gotta try Ryze this week then, he was one of the free champs. And I've already bought Veigar, thought he was cool looking xD and he's playstyle seemed fun.
    well, even when ryze isn't free, he's one of the recommended champions, so he's 450 ip. Which is pretty much nothing. And janna isn't that hard, but using her abilities right is sometimes. Once you get the support feel it will suddenly make sense, unless it already does. And yah, flash ulti can be a big move, but it leaves you really vulnerable, and if you do it wrong you can completely screw a teamfight up. If your team is really heavy on AoE, it's usually better to pick sona and not risk blowing your the other team out of your teams AoEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    So i need to find a fun AD carry. Ive had my eyes on Ezreal for a while now, but unfortunately havent tried him yet. Is he viable as AD carry later on? I see a lot of AP guides but not as many AD ones.
    Ive tried Ashe, Tristana Kog'maw and Vayne before, and so far Vayne was the most fun of them. Ashe feels too autoattacky and i cant seem to get used to Kog'maws slow attack animation, thus my CS with him was low all the times when i tried him.
    Dont get me wrong, i dont mind autoattacks being the strongest source of damage, but Ashe just...shoots a big arrow and then autoattacks for half an ice age (the volley doesnt count, its just more arrows >.<).
    Ez is certainly viable. He plays as a bit of a ranged AD caster because of his Q, but he is a ranged AD at heart. He has a nice little AS steroid that is pretty easy to keep up, and he has some nice poke, not to mention a nice global ult. He is played at the professional level if that matters at all to you. And he *is* a ranged AD, so endgame, most of your damage will come from autos. Your Qs will hit hard, but autos will be the main source of your damage. He's a fun champion, I would pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    Cassiopeia, played right, has no counters because of her range and sustained damage that's also AoE, benefits teamfights because of her ult, can use her W to zone people hard.
    The only way i've had any success against cass was either trying to just kill her dead with talon, or putting the ranged AD in mid. I think it only worked because it was caitlyn and you could almost out range her. She is a menace to lane against though. Though I think playing an anti mage/carry middle is the best way to kill cass. I don't know how kass stacks up against her, but I think it would be decent if he didn't just get killed before he was 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cassiopeia, played right, has no counters because of her range and sustained damage that's also AoE, benefits teamfights because of her ult, can use her W to zone people hard.
    Galio? Talon? LB can wreck your shit if you aren't on the ball. She's strong, no doubt, one of my favorite mids, but she isn't unbeatable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Galio? Talon? LB can wreck your shit if you aren't on the ball. She's strong, no doubt, one of my favorite mids, but she isn't unbeatable.
    Yeah...Galio is pretty much the ultimate mid counter.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

I disagree on Galio simply because he cannot survive Cassiopeia's sustained damage over a long time even with high MR. You just have to land every Q and not burst him when he has his shield up.

The way to beat a Cassio IMO is to get her out of her comfort zone. akali for example, can burst her fast. Make sure to turn around for her ult and you can win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Cass outranges Talon by a lot, but if you don´t hit your Qs you´re screwed. Talon, Akali and Katarina all feel the same. On paper you should beat them but hitting those Qs is kinda hard and once they jump onto you there isn´t much you can do.

Galio can just farm vs you, he can´t stop you from farming or anything like that. Leblanc is pathetic vs Cassiopiea, just push to her tower all day long. She can´t go All in on you because of your ult.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2012-06-13 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, Morgana worked pretty well vs Cassiopeia for me. She can push the lane just as easily as Cass and her shield + natural sustain lets her trade fairly easily. On top of that, her ult is at least as obscene in team fights. When it comes to ganks, she has the advantage, as her snare is on a lot lower cooldown than Cassio's CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree on Galio simply because he cannot survive Cassiopeia's sustained damage over a long time even with high MR. You just have to land every Q and not burst him when he has his shield up.

The way to beat a Cassio IMO is to get her out of her comfort zone. akali for example, can burst her fast. Make sure to turn around for her ult and you can win.
    He clears just as fast as Cass. Hitting one Q on Galio gives him 3 guaranteed heals, more if you decide to try and engage. He gets AP for building MR, letting him build defensive and offensive while Cass has to choose between one. His healing over time with the shield, wave clearing and just as good harass, and defense will beat her. Galio should not lose to Cass. Also, Galio has a much more reliable Ult. The windup for Cass ult is so obvious and slow.

@ Troll
    Dodge a Q and you win the trade. Long as you have your juke boots on, any Skillshot dependent champion becomes much less threatening. There's just too much chance and unreliability involved.

LB still has the burst to kill you. If you're on the ball and get the ulti off when she distorts, then yes you win. Mess it up and she'll kill you just like any other AP. It's a win for Cass normally, but LB can still beat you.

She isn't unstoppable by any means.

Morg makes any lane into a farm fest. She's just so safe.

So, I bought Kennen yesterday. The squirrel is kinda enjoyable but I have a feeling he wasn't worth my IP...maybe AP characters are not my style after all.

I seriously enjoy playing Jax solo top so i got a question. Will Olaf be suitable for me? How is he as a champion? Pros and Cons?

15+ Year Old Account
    So, I bought Kennen yesterday. The squirrel is kinda enjoyable but I have a feeling he wasn't worth my IP...maybe AP characters are not my style after all.

I seriously enjoy playing Jax solo top so i got a question. Will Olaf be suitable for me? How is he as a champion? Pros and Cons?

Olaf is a boss on top lane. There really isn't much else to be said, other than the Brolaf skin is essentially required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Olaf is pretty straight forward.

You meet someone and you smash them. If they hurt you, you just smash them harder.

10+ Year Old Account

I would say play kennen some more, and try him middle if he isn't working solo top for you. He does do a lot better on AoE comps, and paired with a vlad he is lethal.

On topic, Olaf is one of the strongest solo tops right now. You can either max his Q and chunk axes at people all day, and do lots of damage. Or you can go for the more aggressive path and max E, and hit them with a ton of true damage. Jax has a really weak early game, and kind of sucks until he gets some items, but Olaf is strong for pretty much the entire game. If he gets ahead in the beginning, it is horrible to have to fight a farmed olaf. He just runs at your carries with his ult on, and nothing you do stops him. (his ult makes him cc immune)

He is a good champion. He doesn't have the late game damage that jax has, but he is certainly a good pick.

Looking at AD carries, I'm torn between Ezreal, Urgot, Kog'maw, Varus and Draven. I own the rest besides MF but I don't really see the need for MF when I can pick trist whenever I need to counter soraka. I've always thought that Ezreal wasn't very strong but I watched one tear apart an ashe/soraka combo while I was playing Janna as support so I might give it a try. Here are some key points from each that I like

Ezreal: Strong early game and an ultimate that can hit everyone when I don't need to CC.
    Urgot: Ultimate can turn an entire game around with one well placed one and has a lot of burst damage.
    Kog'maw: Has more range than anyone with his W and can carry a game quite easily.
    Varus: His ultimate and skill shot nuke along with W stacks and a slow are an all around great kit if you can land them.
    Draven: Don't know much about him yet. I like the way he works but could see it being an issue when trying to catch axes all the time.

Any info you guys have for me would be great!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Havokonux83 View Post
    Looking at AD carries, I'm torn between Ezreal, Urgot, Kog'maw, Varus and Draven. I own the rest besides MF but I don't really see the need for MF when I can pick trist whenever I need to counter soraka. I've always thought that Ezreal wasn't very strong but I watched one tear apart an ashe/soraka combo while I was playing Janna as support so I might give it a try. Here are some key points from each that I like

Ezreal: Strong early game and an ultimate that can hit everyone when I don't need to CC.
    Urgot: Ultimate can turn an entire game around with one well placed one and has a lot of burst damage.
    Kog'maw: Has more range than anyone with his W and can carry a game quite easily.
    Varus: His ultimate and skill shot nuke along with W stacks and a slow are an all around great kit if you can land them.
    Draven: Don't know much about him yet. I like the way he works but could see it being an issue when trying to catch axes all the time.

Out of those, I would go with Kog'Maw and Urgot because they fill roles which other carries don't fully fulfill. Kog'Maw is one of the hyper carries and can do a crazy amount of damage but has range to stay a bit more safe than someone like Vayne. Urgot does well because he is crazy tanky with a Guardian Angel and still has quite high range. He doesn't do as much damage as some of the other carries but has the survivability and utility to make up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick Ezreal for now. Simple reason: When Pulsefire Ez skin comes out, it'll be 1625 RP. After four days it'll be 3250. Pick up others later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Pick Ezreal for now. Simple reason: When Pulsefire Ez skin comes out, it'll be 1625 RP. After four days it'll be 3250. Pick up others later.
    Buying a champion PURELY for the reason of buying a legendary skin is a bit wrong. If he doesn't like, doesn't need or will never use Ezreal, what is the point of getting him? Quite a few people won't even get the skin anyway, I won't be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Havokonux83 View Post

Are you looking to buy just one of these?

For me, the choice would come down to Ez vs. Urgot vs. Kog. If you want the most versatile pick, I'd say it goes to Ezreal.

If you're playing organized 5 v 5 w/ voice coms, or at least duo Q w/ a strong support partner, pick Kog. He needs coordination and good positioning to be effective. If you're soloQ 85% or more and do not like skill shots, pick Urgot.

Kog is a total BEAST against everyone and especially against tanks and targets with high health. Plus his range when his "W" is on is intimidating.
    The only champion in game that MIGHT be able to surpass Kog atm in a single target dps could be Vayne.

But since you dont list Vayne i ll go with Kog. He has the longest poke in game currently. You can literally have the enemy team drop down to 75% before fight starts if you poke them with your ultimate...

I enjoyed him! He just has no way to go away except for a slow...so Kog all the way...he wont let you down!

"W" on and a Bloodrazor and wave goodbye to all those pesky tanks...

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't like Kog'maw for solo queue. He's squishy and lacks escapes. Sure, he's a pretty damn good champ, but I'd much sooner pick something that isn't as reliant on his team.

Urgot can shut down the enemy lane pretty hard and can build very tanky easily. Ezreal has his inbuilt flash and, assuming you can land skillshots, is a pretty strong champion.

15+ Year Old Account
    "W" on and a Bloodrazor and wave goodbye to all those pesky tanks...
    Don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about. Bloodrazor is a terrible item for Kog. It's way too expensive for what it provides. A Last Whisper, costing about 1500 less gold, is much more beneficial.