10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    Instinct says you should check Lux and Nidalee, mostly the latter because she plays agressive poke and has great sustained heals+steroid.
    ;o Now that is a name I haven't really noticed when I was trying to find my way between the many many many many champions on the list. But hey, it involves being a kitty so why not
    In all seriousness, thanks for directing my attention to her too, sounds actually really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    ;o Now that is a name I haven't really noticed when I was trying to find my way between the many many many many champions on the list. But hey, it involves being a kitty so why not
    In all seriousness, thanks for directing my attention to her too, sounds actually really interesting.
    She can be played mid as AP and top as AD too, so versatile. I think you'll like her.

Oh and I forgot: Diana can be easily shut down because she's an assassin and needs to deal big damages fast. If she doesn't have farm or kills or any gold advantage, she doesn't have enough items and therefore her damage is not enough to kill or survive fights.

Deleted
    Meh Diana doesn´t really get shut down outside of tourny play. She is a solid pick aslong as you go mid with her. She isn´t really as hit or miss as leblanc or akali.

Thank you very much for linking those sites, the guides I've been reading so far were from mobafire. When I had some questions and went to read the comments, they were...well...flamewars. I'm an older player so reading teenagers calling each other names was a bit scary and frustrating.
    Free Tristana was very much appreciated too, when you are just starting, saved me a lot of points.

If I could ask another question, what about Leblanc and Orianna? (I noticed them because they looked quite beautiful) Bad, good, easy, difficult? Where do they belong too? Because I really prefer playing with someone instead of being all alone in the middle :3
    Solomid > mobafire in pretty much everything.

Now to answer your question. Would you like a ranged AP carry? Go for Cassiopeia. She is a bit expensive (6.300 IP) but she is a mid lane bully, and will teach you a lot of things about skill shots! You WILL need to land your Q on a champion (or all of them since its AoE) in order to do some DPS.

If you want a support, you can go Leona (really aggressive support/tank) or Karma ! Karma is still fine for solo queue but not that much preferred in ranked/tournaments.

If you wanna try your luck with an AD carry, go either Miss Fortune, or Caitlyn. I would advice to go Caitlyn since she has a range advantage over every other AD (except tristana, and Kog Maw with his W on) and she can poke and farm really well from a distance.

These are all expensive champions, but they are truly worth it.

Hope I helped ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Graves just screams Taric imo, your passive and his W + probably armor yellows makes you an early game tank. Taric gives little sustain, a stun followed by Graves his blind/slow, great burst from both.

If anyone was gay in LoL it should be them, they just match too good.
    It's bullshit I tell you. The combo is just too good. They are almost ungankable. Almost? They ARE ungankable!

Riot really needs to bring Graves inline with others. Taric is a good support, he is not OP, he is in contention with other supports like Alister, Leona, Naut, Malphite, etc. Graves on the other hand is clearly better then all AD carries. It's because of Graves that Varus is nowhere to be found in ranked. If they can have a tanky AD carry with a CC and escape, why the hell will they play a non tanky AD carry with a CC on a longer CD and no escape? All this even though Varus is a perfectly fine AD carry (no people he is not shit lategame, he does amazing damage late game. He requires you to use his spells in a pattern to make him more effective). but why pick him when you can pick Graves!

Because of Graves' domination, we don't see Vayne and Tris picked enough in tournaments. Both of them are amazing carries (I don't like Vayne's playstyle but she is very good), but why pick them when you have Graves? o_o

Riot keeps talking about Soraka's toxic gameplay. They talk about Shaco's toxic gameplay (which came as a surprise to me). But they never talk about Graves' extremely toxic gameplay. So toxic it puts every other AD carry to shame.

To nerf Graves, they can do some of the following:

1) nerf his passive
    2) nerf his quickdraw AS (80% AS AND an escape? WTF)
    3) remove either the slow or vision reduction from smoke screen
    4) nerf the damage from his ulti which scale extremely well

Just somethings you can change without changing his gameplay and bringing him inline with other AD carries.

Ok OT now:

I have just 10 champions right now and thinking of adding a few. Thinking about Nunu. He is cheap and everyone keeps talking about how awesome he is. But! I have NEVER played Nunu so I'm a bit hesitant. I have 8.5k IP and I'm saving them for jungling runes (before I get anything else), Irelia, Cho'gath, Zyra and a few more things.

The roster I have is getting boring so I want to freshen it up a bit. Most champions I'm thinking of are expensive so looking for cheap ones.

So do you think I should be spending IP on a champion I have not played when I have very limited IP and need it for other stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    It's bullshit I tell you. The combo is just too good. They are almost ungankable. Almost? They ARE ungankable!

Riot really needs to bring Graves inline with others. Taric is a good support, he is not OP, he is in contention with other supports like Alister, Leona, Naut, Malphite, etc. Graves on the other hand is clearly better then all AD carries. It's because of Graves that Varus is nowhere to be found in ranked. If they can have a tanky AD carry with a CC and escape, why the hell will they play a non tanky AD carry with a CC on a longer CD and no escape? All this even though Varus is a perfectly fine AD carry (no people he is not shit lategame, he does amazing damage late game. He requires you to use his spells in a pattern to make him more effective). but why pick him when you can pick Graves!

Because of Graves' domination, we don't see Vayne and Tris picked enough in tournaments. Both of them are amazing carries (I don't like Vayne's playstyle but she is very good), but why pick them when you have Graves? o_o

Riot keeps talking about Soraka's toxic gameplay. They talk about Shaco's toxic gameplay (which came as a surprise to me). But they never talk about Graves' extremely toxic gameplay. So toxic it puts every other AD carry to shame.

To nerf Graves, they can do some of the following:

1) nerf his passive
    2) nerf his quickdraw AS (80% AS AND an escape? WTF)
    3) remove either the slow or vision reduction from smoke screen
    4) nerf the damage from his ulti which scale extremely well

Just somethings you can change without changing his gameplay and bringing him inline with other AD carries.
    Graves isn't OP, just strong.

Most bot lane combos are damn near ungankable, just because supports specialize in disruption of ganks and the perpetual ward coverage. Graves is basically what I'd call the go to AD carry, he's solid at everything, but that doesn't mean he's OP. His early game is weaker than Draven, and Ezreal (arguably Corki too, but I feel that Corki V Graves is more a skill or support match up), his late game is worse than Kog'maw, Vayne, Tristana, his mid game/utility is worse than Ashe, Varus and Corki.

I'd go so far as to say that Corki and Ezreal are better than him. Varus isn't picked because he's not a good carry in the current meta, but I can see him getting a good amount of usage in the Season 2 NA regionals or the championship. Vayne, Tristana, and Kog'maw aren't picked because they aren't good with the current aggressive bot lane meta, which is more due to the popularity of Ezreal than Graves.

On topic: Out of the list I'd suggest Irelia or Zyra. Nunu doesn't really cost anything so it is pretty much worth picking him up regardless, but I'm not a huge fan of his (with exception of his support), I personally don't think he has many tools as a jungler to put your team ahead and he is essentially a second support. His counter jungling is good but, it's only good if it puts the jungler way behind. Compare him to, say Shyvana, who actually benefits from the stolen farm. Since I've been unable to play for awhile I can't really comment on Cho'gath.
    Last edited by godofslack; 2012-08-19 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    snip
    Nunu's cheap and Theoddone just released a very meta guide on him, based around gold income in mid and lategame and letting your laners farm the jungle in this stages, making them even more powerful. Looks really solid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much for linking those sites, the guides I've been reading so far were from mobafire. When I had some questions and went to read the comments, they were...well...flamewars. I'm an older player so reading teenagers calling each other names was a bit scary and frustrating.
    Free Tristana was very much appreciated too, when you are just starting, saved me a lot of points.

If I could ask another question, what about Leblanc and Orianna? (I noticed them because they looked quite beautiful) Bad, good, easy, difficult? Where do they belong too? Because I really prefer playing with someone instead of being all alone in the middle :3
    You're welcome. If you like cows, Alistar is available for free as well.

As to Orianna and LeBlanc, both *can* go bottom lane, but both are very unorthodox choices there.

Orianna is a bit more common due to her supporting abilities, but she's mostly seen in mid. I didn't recommend her because she's a bit more challenging to play. Not only do you need to pay attention to your position and the enemies, you also need to keep them in mind in relation to where you positioned the ball. She is a lot of fun to play though. Currently I think she is my favourite mage (though that changes every so often).

LeBlanc can go bottom lane, but then you turn it into a kill lane with insane amounts of burst. Be careful that you communicate this with your team though. They will expect you to go mid lane if you don't say anything. She is a bit tricky in that you need to pull off your combos for good damage and she doesn't do nearly as much in team fights, meaning you have to be very careful there once you pulled off your first combo until it comes back off cooldown.

Deleted
    I stomp Graves when playing Kog'maw or Caitlyn, especially with a Nunu. Kill his AS, outrange his range/burst, nuke him in 2 seconds from giant range = profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame that Caitlyn is utterly shit in the late(r) game.

Deleted
    Wat Graves fucks Kog Maw. No carry beats caitlyn in early laning but out of them all Graves definitly deals with her the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Wat Graves fucks Kog Maw. No carry beats caitlyn in early laning but out of them all Graves definitly deals with her the best.
    Miss Fortune begs to differ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    The range that Kog has and gets on Graves, sufficient to hit and disengage even if Graves quickdraws your way, is too much for him to handle. Plus Kog has the higest damage out of AD carries with his W on. Shit just melts man.

As for Caitlyn, I think she's not all that bad as people think. Sure, she has no steroid, but her range does give her an edge in teamfights. I know a guy playing her as carry on 2.2k elo and does fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, thanks for replies to my questions everyone. I will save a lot of points now to buy a more expensive champion. Currently I swap between Tristana and Sona, depending on what is needed, both are easy to play so a more complicated/challenging champion will be a welcome change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    Miss Fortune begs to differ.
    Who?

Seriously though I never see anyone ever play MF so I can´t really judge based on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is this getting Tristiana for free for liking her on facebook deal? Looked on the site and found nothing so far.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Thank you! I was actually going to buy her, so I am glad I saved on the points.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Okay so, I hit (once again) the 3.150 IP mark. I'm between the (new and revamped) Katarina and Gragas !

So what's your suggestion MMO-C community? Which will be funnier and more high risk - high reward to play?

I saw Alex-Ich playing gragas in the finals today against SK-gaming. He did more than well with him. But he is a top notch player. So for a i-dont-really-play-hardcore-ranked-games guys like me, which one should i try?

I know i'm gonna get both at some time, but i'm currently also saving up for an AP rune page so...

Opinions on any of the two? Their weaknesses / strengths?
    Last edited by Infernous; 2012-08-19 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to buy AP champions, I'd suggest fixing the AP rune page first. It'll make things a lot more pleasant to play with them.