Thread: GTX 560 Advice

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

GTX 560 Advice

Hey all I am looking to buy a 560Ti to play BF3, Skyrim etc.

I'll get it in november, and come Christmas will buy another to SLI so I can push the Graphics up that little bit further, which one do you think I should get?

1.https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=44469

2.https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=43660

3.http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-m...ores-plusfree-

The only difference between the Frozr II's is the memory, however is the Frozr 3 that much better?

As for the rest of the setup I have an i5 2500k, P67 Pro B3 Mobo, Corsair Vengeance 8gb, and a CM 690 II Advanced, which I am pretty sure has enough room and my resolution is 1920x1080. ;D

Thanks Arch
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

Deleted
    Get the twin frozer 2 one, been hearing about ppl having issues with the hawk version. Plus you can easily OC the card yourself to hawk speeds
    Amount of memory doesnt really matter, unless you are going for multiple screens or high resolution.

Deleted
    Thats a tough one, definitely between 1 and 3

If you are going to run high resolutions than 1920x1080 or multiple monitors then take number 3
    If you aren't then take number 1

But £10 cheaper for 1gb screams that you should take number 3. But then again TF3 is kick-ass.

---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Get the twin frozer 2 one, been hearing about ppl having issues with the hawk version. Plus you can easily OC the card yourself to hawk speeds
    Amount of memory doesnt really matter, unless you are going for multiple screens or high resolution.
    I haven't heard anyone saying anything bad about the hawk, on the contrary - nothing but praise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye ;D The Hawk does look tasty ;P It won't make too much difference either way
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchType View Post
    Aye ;D The Hawk does look tasty ;P It won't make too much difference either way
    It really won't.
    Like I said if you were having extreme resolutions and/or multiple monitors then the extra 1gb would really help.
    If you aren't the extra clock speed and cooling of the Hawk would be more of a benefit.

From what I have read, the hawk has one of the best coolers you can get for the 560ti, its amazing cooling so it might be a quieter card also if that is something you are concerned about.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually heard some people having issues with the Hawk, specifically its build quality is a bit lesser than the Twin Frozr II. And I will say.... it's $30~ more expensive just for a slightly higher overclock and a newer cooling solution that I don't believe really is any better or worse, at least not by much.

You can get all of the features of the Hawk that matter (the higher overclock) for free by getting the Twin Frozr II edition of the 560 Ti and using MSI Afterburner to OC it up to 950MHz on the core and 1900MHz on the shader. Boom. You have a Hawk! And you can always OC the memory to like 2200MHz which doubles to 4400MHz.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Will probably go for the Hawk, will be gaming on only one 1920 screen. Not too concerned with noise, and the better cooling will help when I have two of them! Thanks for the advice guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've actually heard some people having issues with the Hawk, specifically its build quality is a bit lesser than the Twin Frozr II.
    If that is the case then I suggest you do some research before hand regarding the build quality of the hawk, ArchType.
    Its never good spending that money and finding something out afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will probably go for the Hawk, will be gaming on only one 1920 screen. Not too concerned with noise, and the better cooling will help when I have two of them! Thanks for the advice guys
    I really suggest against it. The Twin Frozr II is pretty much the exact same cooling, it's just a different color really, you're only paying for a higher overclock you can get for free yourself.
    "A flower.

There's no difference between Hawk or Twin Frozr II's cooler that I know of, only different clock speeds and a slight difference in visual hue of the card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah will do actually, posted that before your replies. Would make sense really, If I can OC to Hawk speeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    If that is the case then I suggest you do some research before hand regarding the build quality of the hawk, ArchType.
    Its never good spending that money and finding something out afterwards.
    Yeah some users have said their fans were loose, for example. That's not exactly good, issues like that. These things can be fixed but I've never really heard too many issues with the TFII version. Granted, every brand will have issues with all of its items, but also the fact that the Hawk is really just a slightly higher OC for a premium price which you can do yourself. So I always suggest the TFII, being an owner of it myself, of course. :P

---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 04:17 PM ----------

Yeah will do actually, posted that before your replies. Would make sense really, If I can OC to Hawk speeds.
    It is so easy. You install MSI Afterburner, you bring your clocks up to what I said, (Note: the memory clock gets doubled, so if it's 2100-2200MHz that is correct, don't think you need to push it all the way to the 4,000 range! You don't. :P ) and then hit Apply, and if your specific card can handle it, which I'd be shocked if it couldn't, then you'll be fine. I found I could not push my card up to 960MHz core/1920MHz shader though. The screen would go black and then the GPU would revert back to the MSI OC of 880/1760.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    There's no difference between Hawk or Twin Frozr II's cooler that I know of, only different clock speeds and a slight difference in visual hue of the card.
    That's it, really.

PS - @OP - If you are getting one now and one in december, I'd much rather suggest you towards a single 580 for now to upgrade to SLi in the future, just because going dual 560 Tis completely caps your upgrade potential until you buy a completely new card in the next gen. And I dislike messing with SLi when I don't have too. The microjitters are terribly annoying.

Deleted
    I don't even know what microsutters are. But I heard once you see it, you cannot unsee it. (DON'T SPOIL IT TO ME!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    That's it, really.

PS - @OP - If you are getting one now and one in december, I'd much rather suggest you towards a single 580 for now to upgrade to SLi in the future, just because going dual 560 Tis completely caps your upgrade potential until you buy a completely new card in the next gen. And I dislike messing with SLi when I don't have too. The microjitters are terribly annoying.
    I was at first intending to go for a single 580, however If I go for the 560 I can get one in time for BF3, whilst still being able to outpace a single 580 with two. I understand I am capping my upgrade possiblities, but I'd rather go for 560 simply due to time/ money constraints. Sounds silly, but I have been waiting an age to get this PC finished ;D

and @ Deltrus, yeah just read Bit techs review;
    "we could push the GPU core to 975MHz (meaning the stream processors ran at 1,950MHz) while the memory was happy at the same 4.5GHz (effective) frequency as the reference card..... we finally settled on an impressive maximum 1,020MHz GPU core clock, a 2,040MHz stream processor frequency and 4.5GHz (effective) memory. These frequencies represent an amazing 24 per cent increase over the standard GPU speed, and a 13 per cent increase in memory frequency."

All with Afterburner

Speaking of Afterburner, mine's telling my the version is expiring. Wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    and @ Deltrus, yeah just read Bit techs review;
    Quote from website here.
    All with Afterburner
    Yeah, they probably did some voltage adjusting, I left mine automatic, I know a thing or two about CPU voltage adjusting, but I have no clue about GPUs. =X
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    For reference "Unlike overclocking without overvolting, which saw fairly negligible increases in power consumption and thermal output, upping the GPU voltage, even by such a small amount as 60 mV, saw the power consumption rocket. When overclocked and overvolted to its maximum stable level, the MSI caused our test system to draw 343W from the wall; an increase of 20 per cent over the result using a standard GTX 560 Ti 1GB."

However for the previous quote they said they used "With an extra 0.06mV (referred to as ‘+60’ in Afterburner), we finally..." Forgot that part xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    I'd much rather suggest you towards a single 580 for now to upgrade to SLi in the future, just because going dual 560 Tis completely caps your upgrade potential until you buy a completely new card in the next gen. And I dislike messing with SLi when I don't have too. The microjitters are terribly annoying.
    I disagree, 2 560s will only cost about 100 dollars more (100 euro anyway or in that range) and for that you get almost double the performance. 2x 560 is way more bang for buck then 1 580.
    Also issues with dual cards are getting less and less. If there are some issues they are most of the time resolved via a patch.

I agree, that upgrading will be difficult. But then again with 2x 560s you will have enough to last you to the 700 series, maybe even 800.

If you do plan on dual gpu set up, i suggest the 6950. Simply because its a tad better then the 560ti. Plus crossfire scaling is better then SLI scaling at the moment.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I wouldn't get anything less than 2gb cards for bf3. But that's just my preference. With ultra textures, AF, AA.