Thread: [Bio] Ei'rin

10+ Year Old Account

[Bio] Ei'rin

Name: Ei’rin
    Race: Darkspear Troll
    Class: Druid

Languages: Zandali

Personality: Ei’rin is very straightforward and honest. She places great value in friends, most of the time seeing them as family. She would do anything to protect them from harm, and develop a grudge to anyone who would dare as much as lay a finger on them. She is very wary of strangers, but is usually kind when you actually manage to gain her trust. She can be scary when angry though, which is usually when her animal side gains the upper hand.

Dislikes: Anyone who tries to hurt her family or friends, hunters who kill for fun, loneliness

Appearance: (i56.tinypic.com/x1li1h.png) Ei’rin has long, white, messy hair. Her eyes are a golden colour, and because of the prolonged transformation in cat form her pupils have permanently become slits, like most feline eyes. As she has been in her cat form for a long time, she only wears an old, dirty and tattered rag around her body. She’s a little taller than regular female trolls, but not by a lot. Her fangs are quite small.

Strengths: Ei’rin is extremely strong, and doesn’t hold back in battle. Her fighting style is primal, and she would fight until death..

Weaknesses: Lacks strategy and knowledge about most opponents, thus making her more vulnerable to tactical minds. Whenever seriously angered, her mind goes blank and any sense of rationality fades away until her anger subsides. This type of anger seldom occurs, luckily.

History:
    Ei’rin was born from two loving parents, her father a shaman, her mother a druid. Both were Darkspear trolls, and through their love for nature and open mindset, they found each other. The two later moved to Un’goro Crater, attracted by the lush jungle that seemed to be able to thrive in the middle of the desert. This is where Ei’rin’s mother found herself pregnant. Thinking Un’Goro Crater wasn’t the most suitable place to raise a child, they moved to Sholazar Basin, a place that had similar characteristics to Un’Goro crater. Here, Ei’rin’s mother gave birth, and both parents decided to raise their child with the help of the Earthmother. Her mother taught her the basic ways of druidism, and placed high value in shapeshifting. Ei’rin can still remember her mother’s words: “To understand nature, one must first be a part of nature.” Soon, at the age of 11, Ei’rin would be able to transform into a little tiger.

She grew up and experienced her youth in a remote corner in the jungle of Sholazar Basin, where her parents researched the fauna and flora that was so atypical for Northrend. Her parents were often away from home, doing their fieldwork and lending nature a hand; sometimes taking her with them, but usually she had to stay home. This made Ei’rin very lonely, as she had no real friends to play with (there weren’t many other trolls of her age around, or any other humanoids for that matter). One day, she saw a dreadsaber cub that strayed from its mother, meowing loudly. Immediately changing into her feline form, she decided to bring the cub back home. The next day, the cub was in front of her house again, meowing. The little cub returned every day, inviting Ei’rin to come and play. From that moment on, Ei’rin was rid of the loneliness that had hung over her ever since she got old enough to be left alone by her parents. She had made a first friend.

One day, when she returned home late, her parents weren’t there. She didn’t think of it as odd, they would occasionally return home after her. Not suspecting anything, she went to sleep, only to find out her parents were still not home when she woke up. Several days passed without her parents return. The feeling of loneliness started creeping on her again. On some occasions she would go and look for them, only to return home sadly from a fruitless search. Her little playing comrade felt that something was wrong. Not wanting Ei’rin to be in such a depressed mood, it invited her to spend the night with the dreadsaber pack. [Still working on how her parents died ^^;]

Ever since then, Ei’rin has lived as a tiger, befriending the other members of her cub friend’s pack. Eventually, she became a strong member of the group, protecting them from danger, starting to see them as family, mourning when one passed. Her humanoid behavior made place for a primal one. She stopped trusting humanoids, as all of the humanoid encounters after her parents’ passing had been negative ones. This is basically how she lived up until now.

Edit: Changed some minor stuff and elaborated on some points in history
    Last edited by Riyu; 2011-11-30 at 04:12 AM.

Hey there Riyu. First of all before i get to the criticism: The image is plain awesome.

to comment on the basic idea , the more or less primalist concept is fitting for troll druids and I don't really see a problem with it. Mastering a shape shift at age 11 implies huge talent as far as I'm concerned, but since Ei'rin takes the drawback of being very savage, as far as I can tell that's okay. Maybe as a read take a look at this: http://www.wowpedia.org/Primalist

Now to the real criticism:

A basic, but not grave mistake is that you mention Ei'rin being a Darkspear troll. The trolls native to Northrend and Sholazar usually are Drakkari/ ice trolls. But that doesn't hinder your story it is just, let's say terminology. But I can't really remember any troll settlements in Sholazar, so what made the parents move there?

Another thing would be that we usually want the whole story in a biography, even the parts that are unknown to the characters themselves, like in your case the disappearance of the parents.
    But I assume since it is a WIP, you as author also don't know yet what happened exactly; If you happen to already have an idea, please share

That's my comments on your Bio and welcome to the RP Forums.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-10-21 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the nice comment! I don’t know how to make those fancy pictures like the one in your signature, so I have to rely on my drawings, haha. I’m also very grateful for your criticism, it is really quite helpful. As you can see I’m still new to this so I appreciate all the help I can get.
    Anywho! Ei’rin is indeed not native to Northrend. I should have probably explained more on the matter, I apologize for that. I’m still brainstorming about this part, so here’s what I had in mind, and it can still be subject to change.

Ei’rin’s parents were trolls that moved to Un’Goro Crater to “research” the area. I don’t really know what I should call it, since they are trolls and wouldn’t do research in the sense that humans or elves would. I guess they were more… interested in the area since it’s located in the middle of the desert, and their close affinity to nature made them want to look into whatever it was that made such lush flora thrive there. That’s where Ei’rin was born. Her parents heard old troll stories about the travelers, and thought there could possibly be a connection. That’s when they moved to Sholazar Basin, seeing the two areas are similar in that they are both anomalies. If this still doesn’t fit Darkspear trolls though, I’m always open for suggestions.
    Then there is indeed that about her parents’ disappearance… To be honest I still have no idea, except that they are most probably dead. Maybe they found out too much, making someone want to get rid of them… Aheh, I don’t know.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and it’s nice to meet you, Khorianas.