Thread: Intel SSD

Intel SSD

Intel 320 Series GEN3 120GB 2.5IN SSD SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive OEM +$233
    ncix. com /products/productdetail2.php?noheader=1&sku=60232

Intel 510 Series 120GB Solid State Drive SSD 2.5IN SATA 6GB/S Elm Crest +$322
    ncix. com /products/productdetail2.php?noheader=1&sku=59291

Worth the 90$ difference? (for OS + WoW and stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by phenix View Post
    Intel 320 Series GEN3 120GB 2.5IN SSD SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive OEM +$233
    ncix. com /products/productdetail2.php?noheader=1&sku=60232

Intel 510 Series 120GB Solid State Drive SSD 2.5IN SATA 6GB/S Elm Crest +$322
    ncix. com /products/productdetail2.php?noheader=1&sku=59291

Worth the 90$ difference? (for OS + WoW and stuff)
    The key on that drive is the 3GB/S vs 6GB/S transfer speed. If your MB can handle the 6 via SATA3, you'll get a little more for that, but honestly, I wouldn't say it is worth it IMO. I recall researching something similar to this when I bought the drive and somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but rarely does the drive ever use the SATA3 speeds up to 6GB/S with normal computing. I actually use that same 320 on my current machine even though my MB has SATA3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdunka View Post
    I actually use that same 320 on my current machine even though my MB has SATA3.
    thanks for the info

Deleted
    Both of those are extremely expensive though. Curcial M4 series is good and affordable right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Both of those are extremely expensive though. Curcial M4 series is good and affordable right now.
    Yea they are a bit cheaper
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820148442
    And probably the most reliable ssd in existence.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insanely expensive indeed.
    Crucial M4 128gb Sata6.0gbps costs the same an 120gb Intel Sata3.0gbps on NCIX, think about it. Crucial is also an excellent brand.
    http://ncix.com/products/?sku=60445&...L%20TECHNOLOGY
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Yea they are a bit cheaper
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820148442
    And probably the most reliable ssd in existence.
    IIrc (and I do) these had plenty of issues (stuttering and freezes) when released, but regfixes and firmware updates have made the model easily one of the best choices. I'm not sure it deserves the title most reliable due to the issued it once had, but sure, it seems like most users are happy with it now.

Deleted
    Intel is just as reliable, they use same controller as Crucial, right?

Intel's are unfortunately also more expensive, I would stick to crucial unless you don't care about the cost.

Intel is more expensive, however, the drive has more unreserved memory units in it to allow for locations to be swapped out if the performance or reliability of some of the memory cells become compromised. In theory, you end up with greater life expectancy, however, truth be told, your CPU, Memory, Motherboard and Power Supply will probably all need to be replaced LONG before your SSD will, as long as you keep "bad" shutdowns to a minimum (just like a standard HDD)

I have a 120GB 320 in my system as my WoW/Gaming/work software drive as well as a 510 120GB as my Boot Drive. I can have Windows up and running in about 7 seconds (since I turned on my BIOS quick boot options) and WoW loads in about 8 seconds as well. All in all, I love my drives, Can't wait for the technology to mature more.