Mage Professions

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, figured since it is a mage specific question, good place would be in the mage part of the forum.

Honestly just a quick question, whats the optimal mage professions, I've seen a lot of arguments between engineering/jewel crafting, but cant seem to find a definitive answer as to which would be better, and in which situations.

Deleted
    Being honest, jewelcrafting would benefit more. However I would recommend Tailoring and Enchanting as well or you could get enchanting/jewelcrafting if you have the money for it as it provides the most benefits.
    Engineering you have nitro boots, cogwheels etc: but jewelcrafting also gives you increased gems. Enchanting gives you ring enchants and the ability to enchant your own items etc:
    Any profession is good out of them, but personally if you want to choose between the two of them go for jewelcrafting. Or you could always go with tailor and enchant like me

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring / Jewelcrafting would be the most powerful professions currently. If you want to gain something else than just max out your intellect with 1 more than on the other professions (JC gives 81 int.) You could get Engineering which is more fun.

Nothing is better than Tailoring tho.

BS/JC also provides for the same thing really. The extra slots from BS and the JC bonus Gems. Granted that is a lot of mining..

10+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring is #1 by far, no other prof comes close for mages.
    I would put Eng above JC just because of the fact you can sink up your gloves with your burn phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

I went engr/jewelcrafting. Although I think Tailoring leads now?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterlol View Post
    I went engr/jewelcrafting. Although I think Tailoring leads now?
    Yes Tailoring is on the top right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixzy View Post
    Tailoring / Jewelcrafting would be the most powerful professions currently. If you want to gain something else than just max out your intellect with 1 more than on the other professions (JC gives 81 int.) You could get Engineering which is more fun.

Nothing is better than Tailoring tho.
    As posted by Saegno, I would rate the ability to sync an increased intellect boost with your burn phase a lot higher than 1 int. Matter of opinion however I suppose. But I simply hate the opinion that JC _MUST_ be better as it is _1_ more int.

Engr is a lot of fun. Tailoring for #2.