Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    Can't remember how many times I've said this. But Rift can add this stuff so fast because it uses a very new modular structure that allows objects to be placed in game with little extra work needed. WoW uses extremely old architecture that doesn't allow this so things take a lot longer. That said they have improved it and when they said thru couldn't do something a few years back is because they genuinely couldn't.

Your argument in every post I see of yours is incorrect Puremallice so stop making yourself look stupid.

That said I enjoyed Rift while I played it, I just found it too unbalanced and buggy for my tastes (completed all raids and ultimate dungeon hero before HK came out for reference.)
    They have had 7 years and god knows how much money to upgrade that out dated system. This is not DCUO or Eve we are talking here. This is WoW the mmorpg with 12 million subs for a solid 4+ years with micro transactions and money coming out of every single orifice.

You mean to tell me sometime in the past 7 years it never occurred to upgrade something at all to make it possible to add stuff to the game faster? Unless they have completely neglected upgrading in the past 7 years which is completely false they purposely release content slow. Also this is the same Blizzard that was touting their ability to add stuff into the game without needing hot fixes just a few weeks ago.

Why do it any faster when people always guaranteed come back? WoW fans just need to accept they are hooked and are never going anywhere.

I simply do not see how people even compare the two games. One game is stale and linear and the other is new and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    First thing people did when they quit Rift was goto the mmo-champ forums and WoW general discussion boards begging for features they had in Rift and this is a fact.

Magically 100 pages threads about ward drobe tabs popped up again after years of being dead or why is the world so dead we need more to do in the open world???

Also go ahead and have Arena. I know if Blizzard could they would get rid of it because they said it was the biggest mistake they ever made because you are forced to balance around it. Also when is the last time you had basically anything added pvp wise for WoW? I do poke my head up on the WoW general forums every once and awhile and WoW pvp'rs seem beyond pissed right now at class balance and how bad it is.
    Class balance in WoW atm is quite well done and every class is (altho not even) well represented in the charts. If you would open your eyes you would know just as well as I do that due to the complex talent system Rift offers the classes are very imbalanced and tnx to Trions constent modifieing it's new OP stuff every patch, first it were warriors 3 shotting in stunlocks, than there were unccable 60-80% dmg shield and 3 shotting pyromancers, after they implanted DR, cc was weakened to a state that healers could barrely get below 50%. And last I heard was Rogues doing insane dmg. And these wardstones barrely provide any world pvp, I think I was the only one in the game hunting for world pvp with my L 40 shaman, which was supereasy to play and couldn pwn L 50 without effort.

Im not saying that Rift is a bad MMO, because it's not. But compared to WoW, it's not impressive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutes View Post
    Class balance in WoW atm is quite well done and every class is (altho not even) well represented in the charts.
    You must play a mage? Only a mage would say this. People came up with really awesome builds in a system with thousands upon thousands of combinations. Trion fixed OP builds and people qq'd.

The point of the thread is simply that Rift has been hammered for not being original or bringing anything new and now WoW announces a expansion that is basically trying to copy a lot of the stuff Trion succeeded in doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    You must play a mage? Only a mage would say this. People came up with really awesome builds in a system with thousands upon thousands of combinations. Trion fixed OP builds and people qq'd.
    I have never played a mage, I play 4 classes and probably gonne pick up WoW again when 4.3 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutes View Post
    I have never played a mage, I play 4 classes and probably gonne pick up WoW again when 4.3 hits.
    Here is another funny qq I see about Rift from the pvp'rs. People who complain about the heal debuffs being to bad and Clerics do not want to heal and then you get these 20 pages threads with people telling them to cleanse or whatever.

WoW has the same issue with healers laying down massive heals and is taking the Rift approach and doing across the board buffs to heal debuffs in 4.3. That is either remarkable timing or Blizzard devs like certain parts of Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadley this has turned into another WoW vs Rift thread with the same repeated posts with each user defending their game of choice. At this point it's evident that only mud slinging will come out of this thread. It's time to close it.