Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    At first i got all excited over this talent... but when you realize the dps that felflame does compared to half cast speed spells it's very underwelming indeed.
    would love to see them balance this.

Tbh, all 3 of the lvl 90 spells are a bit situational..

I think it's decent and you really need to compare it to the other two options which don't sound ground breaking. I was actually a bit sad to see the splash damage as an alternative to this because it sounded like another "boring but best pve dps option" type of talent.

In pvp it would be nice to put down a portal on the move even with the double cast time. You can also run away from someone while casting a spell as long as you face them when starting and finishing the spell (or just at the start if it's channeled). It can also be useful for stopping a runner with HoG for example, it sucks when they run out of range during the cast and get away. Not much point using long cast time spells but the ones with 0,5-1,5 second normal cast times are useable at 1-3 seconds in my opinion.

I don't think you can start a cast standing still and move while keeping the normal cast time like someone suggested. It will probably either cancel the spell or hopefully double the remaining cast time. Channeled spells will not keep their normal tick speed it would have to be double tick interval and channel time.

Deleted
    What I'm wondering is if you stop walking midcast if it'll go back to the normal cast time, scaled for the duration that is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem I see with this talent in pvp is that you won't be able to interupt casting by moving unless you use macros or a specific button for it.
    Also, by the time I've casted a 3sec (+pushback) fear on someone, I could have fully dotted a different target.

And if I understand the tooltip correctly, it means that when we start moving, our dots will tick at 50% speed untill we stop moving, which sucks tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems some doesn't understand the spell. First of all it only works with Channeling spells such as Drain Life and such. Any spells with normal cast time like Shadow Bolt won't get any buff from this talent at all. They will just be cancel'd when moving.

As for the actual talent, from the logical view it means the tick time is doubled but it should still give you as many ticks as you would get normally. So if the spell ticks 3 times over 3 seconds the talent would give you 3 ticks over 6 seconds (assuming you move during the whole channel)

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Seems some doesn't understand the spell. First of all it only works with Channeling spells such as Drain Life and such. Any spells with normal cast time like Shadow Bolt won't get any buff from this talent at all. They will just be cancel'd when moving.
    "You can cast and channel while moving"

I don't understand why people are complaining about a taller that does nothing but help them. The only way I could see this talent being bad is if the use of it is a complete dingus. I see it as the most pve oriented talent out of the three. Immagine Archimonde's in arena. For example when someone is about to burst you you put that curse on their healer and your team switches to them. It could be a complete game changer.

I love how all of this was prefaced Blizzard saying "ignore the numbers" but nobody likes this spell PURELY because of the numbers? I don't see why it's so hard to understand. It wont double all cast times just for taking it. My life how stupid are people? Perhaps Blizzard should have left it at "doing so increases the cast time" so people would get less sand in the their fannies.

The only thing that isn't clear is if you start moving while casting already, does the spell cancel, remaining time stay the same, or remaining time double. It's probably safe to say it wont stay the same, because that would be broken. Cancelling isn't likely because it would sort of defeat the point.

The actual number for cast time reduction almost doesn't matter, if it's anything at all I'll still wind up playing like I do now; cast while standing still and be smart about moving.

Unless Blizzard implements a lot of fight mechanics that require a lot of movement, this talent won't be beneficial because it'll be a dps loss while we still have instants to use.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Your cast cancels mid-cast if you break LoS.
    Actually he is correct. If its anything like fire mage and ele shaman moving casting. You can los or turn 180 degree on yourself all you need to do is be in los and facing him again before the cast end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    all you need to do is be in los and facing him again before the cast end.
    This.
    /10char

Totally depends on how much movement you actually have to do. Will the dps of a double cast time shadowbolt outdo a couple of fel flames? I doubt it. And most movement is so very short anyhow or can be shortened. Like moving during GCDs on instant cast spells. Most times I don't feel I move for longer than 1 gcd but maybe I'll have to pay more attention to that.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Deleted
    This talent makes me feel like a kiting mage..

Deleted
    welcome to hell warlocks, if you spec Kil'jaeden's Cunning, i am going to interupt the absolute pants off you all, good luck on getting a single casting time spell up on me oh and welcome to a double charge + heroic leap stun

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    And if I understand the tooltip correctly, it means that when we start moving, our dots will tick at 50% speed untill we stop moving, which sucks tbh.
    No, it just means that cast times like shadow bolt and cast 'periods' like drain life are both affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpond View Post
    This talent makes me feel like a kiting mage..
    Lolz ok you, "running around spamming double length cast time spells."

Mage, "frostbolt, fingers of frost, ice lancex2, deep freeze, ice lance spam, dead."

It aint going to happen. His are instant, hit 3x harder and crit. XD

MoP is barely in alpha, if that, so %'s can shift.. but I can see swapping a lot dependant on the current fight.

Kil'jaeden's Cunning: Allows casting and channeling while moving, but increases cast time/tick intervals.
    Cunning I interpret as increasing the casttime of spells - eg immolate / shadowbolt / haunt - and the period of channels - eg drain soul. Not the period of dots.
    It is harder to put into values, but on a helter skelter style fight, guarenteed casts of your key abilities is pretty huge (think haunt, havoc, destro probably doesn't care unless it is pvp). On a standing fight, not so much. Sure you might still felflame over shadowbolt for dpct - that is fine.
    Key questions:
    Does it apply for the rest of the cast, or only while moving? (I expect just like a haste modifer, so only while moving).
    Will a spell still break when you start moving? (I doubt it)

Alternatives:
    Archimonde's Vengeance [60 sec CD]: Curses an enemy, causing them to take 25% of the damage the caster receives for 15 seconds.
    In a 5minute fight, if you got this off every use, and took 50-100% of your own hp in damage during that 15sec you would spend 5gcd's, and gain around 100-200k damage.
    Key question:
    Does it work on AOE damage taken?
    Does it stack with banes? Or is it a dps curse breaking the "banes do damage, curses add utility" model?

Illidan's Guile [2 min CD]: Shadowbolt, Incinerate, and Malefic Grasp cause splash damage to enemies within 10 yards of the spell's target for 30 sec.
    Single target, that is zero damage - halfus style fight, that could be awesome.
    Key questions: what % damage!
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-10-27 at 11:20 PM.