Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    I think the main issue with balance single target DPS is you need to hit certain gear levels and haste break points to obtain decent single target, compared to a hunter for example who isn't as dependant on gear.

As far as single target DPS goes, I think the highest I've done on Baleroc HC is 34746 which was two weeks ago, without the legendary staff, which isn't too bad in my opinion, should be looking close to 40k with the staff when I finally get it :<.
    This is very true. I'm in the process of power-gearing a boomkin, and two pieces made a 4k difference because I broke a haste cap.

At first my guild was like, "wow you suck at boomkin." and i simply told them the dps scales with gear.
    two weeks later, i'm competitive with our overgeared players.

I think the highest I've done on Baleroc HC is 34746 which was two weeks ago
    Yes with DI. Without DI, that's above non-legendary bis.

I'm sorry about harping on about DI, but seriously, numbers with DI are about as relevant as numbers with other external buffs such as focus magic. The increased dps belongs to the Warlock and not the Moonkin (and the warlock should take a personal dps hit for it - not that they do). My DI hate goes back to early T11, and even though it's nerfed I still think it's a really stupid buff because as soon as you have more spriests and moonkins combined than warlocks, another warlock becomes a way overpowered addition to the raid group.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2011-10-27 at 09:02 PM. Reason: double

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    pretty sure that this is inexpierience/lacking gear on your part

Boomkins are one of the best single target specs at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    without DI, Boomkins are one of the worst single target specs at the moment.
    I'm gonna go with Gebuz... say on baleroc 25heroic(only real 100% single target fight), can easilly pull 27-30k dps single target, n that stil leaves me around the bottom 3 or 4 of all the dps in the raid.

Nerf our aoe, buff our single target damage please only needs to be tweeked slightly, 2-3% wud suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    I'm gonna go with Gebuz... say on baleroc 25heroic(only real 100% single target fight), can easilly pull 27-30k dps single target, n that stil leaves me around the bottom 3 or 4 of all the dps in the raid.

Nerf our aoe, buff our single target damage please only needs to be tweeked slightly, 2-3% wud suffice.
    Even without DI 33-34k is possible without legendary staff.

single target they are around the middle of the pack w/o staff

10+ Year Old Account
    We could do more on single, that is for sure. Our aoe is a tiny bit clumsy with shrooms and our eclipse, but it is work able and some fights can be a lot of fun.

We will probably never be the top on single target, we are a hybrid class. Blizzard has stated in the past, that they want pure dps classes to always do more then hybrids, something like 5% more? Now as I say this, not all of the pures and their specs mentioned above are 5% above us, so blizzard still has some balancing to do. Either on our end or the pures end.

We really need something to help us with movement again, something more then eclipse not decaying -.-

I had to agree when someone said we were "balanced", oddly, in a way we are. We may be the closes to balanced among all the classes. Don't get me wrong, we are no where near perfect. But hey, I rather have people not look at me and go "lol arcane mage 1 button = uber dps." I rather be lower but the dps I achieve is hard to gain, maybe shows more skill? Btw, wasn't meant to bash on arcane mages =).
    Last edited by Souxlya; 2011-10-29 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Even without DI 33-34k is possible without legendary staff.
    Correct, I pulled 35700 give or take without DI and without legendary on 10man heroic. Sadly no logs and gear is BiS with the exception of legendary and heroic VPLC

Deleted
    today i did Yor'Sahj on PTR i'm lvl 384 without legendary and i couldnt go over 31k
    a legendary user fre mage did 10 times better than me on aoe.... he could keep 42k sustained dps.

who the hell said that boomkins are the best when it comes to aoe ? firemages do it 10times better :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire mages gets buffed in 4.3, boomkins did not so the answer might be there

In 4.3 sadly from this point of view balance druid wont be any good if the people who play the other classes plays on the same level.

There could be alot of diffrent things they could do with balance druids.. they could buff the treants abit, with the cd they have it wouldnt be to much.
    they could make treants give us either int/sp/haste buff while they are up
    they could give us a "instant" cast like; "When 3 eclipse casts fails to crit, your next starfire or wrath becomes instant (or something alike)
    they could give us a dps cd or a execution button but they allways trick around with eclipse and even if they change it, people find issues with it anyway.

Time will tell i guess!
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Order of applying dots when you hit an eclipse state also matters: sunfire/moonfire does more damage than IS, s you always want to hit IS first so sunfire/moonfire gains the haste boost from nature's grace.
    Last edited by alduron; 2011-10-31 at 07:30 AM. Reason: adding name of talent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamindps View Post
    just use starfall and you win
    Wouldn't that be nice? Starfall is still decent but it's nowhere near as good as it used to be. RIP splash damage, RIP.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

moonkins and shadow priest are just too needy on DI.