Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Chris Metzen @ the announcement

Is it just me or does he not seem to be too happy about the news he's providing? He usually seems much more giddy but here he seems quite grim, almost bored or disappointed.

And then he also tries to justify the video that follows (when he says "while your watching this, imagine you are at the calm before the storm, just keep that in your head while you watch this")
    Last edited by anathama; 2011-10-22 at 09:12 AM.

I think it's just you.

Deleted
    I see him laughing tbh

Maybe he is a bit sick, his nose looked a bit like that.

I got fucking hyped when he talked about all the shit

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    He wore an Alliance shirt? loll

He was depressed they asked him to wear an alliance hoodie. He seemed pumped to me about it for the most part, but Maybe he's tired. look @ ghostcrawler he looks like he hasn't slept in 6 months.

Not just you - I think the same too.

My overall impression is that he was literally shitting himself because deepdown he knows that MoP is going to be incredibly lame.

I just wish people in the audience had boo'ed him off stage.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ArPharazon View Post
    Not just you - I think the same too.

My overall impression is that he was literally shitting himself because deepdown he knows that MoP is going to be incredibly lame.

I just wish people in the audience had boo'ed him off stage.

Oh well.
    Thanks for signing up for the forums just to cry within your 2nd post. Grats!

Would you really expect him to come up on stage and say the following?

"Hey folks... well, we got another expansion coming. Yeah - we read on the forums the rumors... and some of you might actually be a bit disappointed by what we have to offer. Also we're doing a few things differently, but it's still all works-in-progress... hrm... what else... yeah - it's does look pretty I guess - but only time will tell if it's accepted or not....yay..."

and then he drops the microphone onto the floor and somberly walks backstage.

Blizzard would never let him near a microphone ever again. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    He wore an Alliance shirt? loll
    Honestly things like this are annoying <.< He wore and alliance shirt and a horde weapon.

Be informed before you post please.

I also like to add in that the whole story about "The on coming storm of the Horde/alliance battle", upon retrospect, I feel was his way of basically saying this:

"Holy hell! I didn't think the forum responses about the Pandaren would be viewed as insanely kiddy!!! SHIT, what do we do now!? OK! I'll spin a gloom and doom tale at the begining so that the shiny happy trailer we're about to show doesn't totally turn off the hardcore players!"

Deleted
    People are going to expose each and every god damn thing so the can proclaim that this game is dead. May I ask what satisfaction you find in doing so?

It's beyond boring to tell you the truth.

Just you, hes trying to come off as intense.

want to see him bored with an expansion? get all the collectors edition dvds and watch them in sequence.

watch how dull and tired the whole team looks on the cata one. for real, in wrath they are all animated and super excited, in cata they are reading off rehearsed lines.

that looked like metzen giving a crap about the game again.

I smell better pvp Hopefully...

10+ Year Old Account
    He just looks ill, his nose looks red and he was obviously excited/nervous. Though i guess he knew some players would like it some players wouldnt, cant please everyone, especially when it comes to wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me he looked super pumped about everything they had to reveal at the opening ceremony. You could almost see him bursting with intensity, loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Deleted
    It was a damn good sales pitch to be fair to the lad. I don't know about the underlying emotions but you can tell he was definitely very nervous and not all of his hand-shaking was pure "adrenaline". He, like the entirety of the staff, will have known that his execution of the revelation of the expansion was crucial, particularly with what feels like a "filler" expansion (strictly in terms of the main story arc of Azeroth). They recently lost just about a million subscribers. And if he couldn't pull off that crucial announcement speech they could've (might) lose a million more.

I think he pulled it off quite well and he certainly seemed a bit more humbled this year than he was at last year's convention, perhaps in a small part due to the royally, humiliating clip around the metaphorical ear he got served by Red Shirt Guy. I am glad that his question, the ignorant response from Blizzard staff and the crowd's reaction were caught on camera. I think it really helped them snap out of that "we're untouchable" high.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2011-10-22 at 09:33 AM. Reason: important commas!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hes pretty enthused IMO lol

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 09:33 AM ----------

Yea was pretty epic when i was watching that, got up at 7 AM for hopefully something good, and they definetly didn't disapoint ;P

Just you, I got pumped by him.