View Poll Results: If Cataclysm is not worth playing, is Mist of Pandaria then?

Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it will be better..

11 30.56%
  • No.. It will be the same old grind..

12 33.33%
  • I don't really know since i haven't tried it yet...

4 11.11%
  • It will bring back the spirit of Vanilla Wow...

2 5.56%
  • The new stuff seem nice, you should try it no matter what you think, the decide..

7 19.44%
    Deleted

Will Mists of Pandaria be worth returning to the game for?

If we say that i don't want to play Cataclysm.. Do you then think i would wan't to play the game after this expansion?
    After seeing what Guild Wars 2 is about to do with MMO's i find it hard to become so very cheerful..

What do you guys think?

Look at the preview stuff on the front page, read about the talent revamp, read about the upcoming features and then decide for yourself whether or not you like the sound of it and are willing to dish out the cash to try it.

Or do you just want us to tell you what to buy because it's easier?

Fine. Yeah you'll love it. Buy it.

Deleted
    Well.. I need something to do in my sparetime.. So i may actually return, but only until Guild Wars 2 comes out, which may actually be before MoP... o.O

Proberly best to ask that question in a year so when it comes out... while we have seen a little bit about the game, we have not played it nor do we know what its going to be like

Deleted
    To quote your own writing, "you should try it no matter what you think, the decide.". Just because I don't like it doesn't mean you shouldn't either, really, decide for yourself, don't let others do it for you. I think it's a bad expansion, you might like it though, I don't know for I don't know you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    Well.. I need something to do in my sparetime.. So i may actually return, but only until Guild Wars 2 comes out, which may actually be before MoP... o.O

Play both. One is $15 a month, and the other is B12P (Buy Once to Play).

10+ Year Old Account
    try it and see if you like it. i can never decide for someone else for i have different opinions from those same peeps.

Deleted
    You are asking WoW players, who potentially play cataclysm, which you (hypothetically) quit wow for, with the range of fanboys and panda haters and everything in between, to answer the subjective question if MoP will be worth playing? You lost me..

really, if you're interested, buy the game, or try the 10-day come back to wow and try this trial which will very likely be there. Don't make useless threads that will give you no real information on the question whatsoever

I would try it if they made talents every 10 levels instead of every 15. I like customization

Deleted

You know what, people can't really guess if this is a game worth returning, so many reasons people stop playing a game (inside and outside Azeroth) it's hard to say if they will return or not.

On the plus side, this is a new continent with a new character and a new class, WOTLK was like this and WoW peaked at 12million subs - so that is to say Bliiz have looked at previous winning formula's and haev gone back to basics - personally I think Blizz will do what they can to make this last Expac as good as it can be.

If 4.3 is last Expac for Cata (and we are not that far away from this release), I expect MoP to be released in 6months.

OH boy

Here we go

INB4 MASSIVE PENT UP NERD RAGE.

Your asking the WoW playerbase if they think something is worth coming back to...the WoW community is like a pregnant woman when it comes to decisions.

"BC IS TO HARD WTF" -> Wrath comes out -> "WRATH IS TO EASY WTF IS THIS I MISS BC" -Cataclysm comes out -> "CATA IS TO SHITTY AND HARD I MISS WRATH GOD" -> MoP based off of a 2 min clip "WoW is dead...Cata was at least playable."
    Last edited by XanKriegor; 2011-10-24 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    If we say that i don't want to play Cataclysm.. Do you then think i would wan't to play the game after this expansion?
    After seeing what Guild Wars 2 is about to do with MMO's i find it hard to become so very cheerful..

What do you guys think?
    Let's put it this way. Do you want a talent system that only gives you 6 choices, or do you want to play a
    real MMO? The choice is yours, but the intellectually inept will of course choose the easier system.

Quote Originally Posted by XanKriegor View Post
    "BC IS TO HARD WTF" -> Wrath comes out -> "WRATH IS TO EASY WTF IS THIS I MISS BC" -Cataclysm comes out -> "CATA IS TO SHITTY AND HARD I MISS WRATH GOD" -> MoP based off of a 2 min clip "WoW is dead...Cata was at least playable."
    Comparing Pandas and 6 talents to a 41 talent system, which was a sh***y revamp of the larger talent system, is pretty sad.

If you think a 6 point system is good though, good on you.

For the rest of us non-simpletons, 6 choices does not an RPG make.

Bc didn't have bosses which artificially made fights hard with one shot mechanics. Nor did wrath.

The only people who said wrath was easy were the cry babies with 232 gear getting carried by 251+ players in ICC, WITH a 30% STAT BUFF.

I have yet to see a single player with all the hard mode or even heroic achievements, complaining Wrath raiding was too easy.

Wrath raiding was challenging, overgearing content is never hard. Get that through your heads.
    Last edited by WrathDksCataFrostPandaFtl; 2011-10-24 at 10:52 AM.

Doesn't matter what expansion, MoP, Cata, Wrath etc, WoW will always be the same old grind no matter what Blizzard tries.

I won't vote, since there is no "other" option.

I think that if you have quit the game, MoP won't bring you back for a long time. New features get old fast, core mechanics are the same. It's all about how long can you last. I can stay the entire expansion like i played WoW the last 7 years. Many other will jump off the boat after a couple of months.

If you are already complaining about MoP, i suggest you to don't buy it. If you like what you're seeing, try it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.