Thread: Firefox help

Deleted

Firefox help

Hey, got some problem with firefox, whenever i click on skype or msn or whatever on a link, it wont open.. same with worldoflogs :> any way to fix it?

Can you provide an example of one of these links
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    Can you provide an example of one of these links
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post13802202
    for example :P

So you mean if you click on a URL of ANY kind it wont open? Not just MSN or Skype

Deleted
    So you mean if you click on a URL of ANY kind it wont open? Not just MSN or Skype
    Nah just msn or skype and things like that

I just had a quick look and it seems most people fix it by reinstalling Firefox.

If you have loads of addons etc, then you could just try buy running the installer again. The best way to reinstall is but uninstalling it first.

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 09:03 PM ----------

Sorry I answered on the assumption it was any link, check your options Tools -> Options -> Applications

Deleted
    I just had a quick look and it seems most people fix it by reinstalling Firefox.

If you have loads of addons etc, then you could just try buy running the installer again. The best way to reinstall is but uninstalling it first.

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 09:03 PM ----------

Sorry I answered on the assumption it was any link, check your options Tools -> Options -> Applications
    ah ty! but what should i check/uncheck?

Check the actions associated, with the links that arent working, I don't have Skype or MSN, so I cant be more specific sorry

Deleted
    Check the actions associated, with the links that arent working, I don't have Skype or MSN, so I cant be more specific sorry
    Yea i checked around but couldn't find anything to chance this odd behaviour, its not just skype or msn really, its any program that wants to open firefox, for example i cant upload worldoflogs via the livestream, cause whenever i press the upload button, its supposed to go to that specific parse i uploaded, but since it cant do that its not getting uploaded.

Oh I thought you meant Firefox open them, so you mean you can't open a URL/Firefox from another application when you click on a link

Deleted
    Error is likely caused by a problem with the "Default Browser" setting. Try setting it back to IE. If that works and your programs now open links correctly in IE, get Firefox to set it back to itself again.

Try checking the file association for "NONE: URL HyperText Transfer Protocol"

Goto the Control Panel and click on FolderOptions. Then click on File Types. Scroll down and locate the above file type and click on Advanced then Edit. Now compare the values to the ones listed at the link below ...

http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx also check that Firefox is your default program in the default programs option in control pannel, if that doesnt work let me know