10+ Year Old Account

Me wonders. Is it time to come back?

I'll get straight to the point. Seen the MoP trailer update on my facebook and was all like "Haha.. oh wait.. it's not April 1st, wth?".. However, I am honestly torn between thinking the expansion is going to be really neat and fun or just downright a slap in the face. Maybe both. If it's the sexy kind of slap I'm ok with it though. However, the trailer got me a little more curious (Facebook and your evil marketing schemes!) and somehow I ended up on youtube watching videos of warlock pvp and longing for the days when I was melting faces and blowing up heads. Ahh.. the good ole days.

To be quite honest though, I am way out of the loop. Heck, I haven't raided since it was cool to kill the big bad Lich King. I haven't pvped since 85 was the fresh new thing. Last time I did a 2v2 my arena parnter, who was among the last of my original crew, received a lovely blue screen of death and never returned. He's paying Rift now I believe... I got tired of carrying his lazy.. er.. anyway. Shortly after that I grew bored of the same old game and decided to hang up my pointy witch hat.

To the point! Well, long of the short. I was thinking about coming back. I believe it is the next upcoming patch (if it wasn't the last one!) that would allow me to change my pvp set to look like my old felheart set. That would be fun! I've had that thing laying around for ages, would love getting some more use out of it. The upcoming talent changes, new spell images and heck, some new hairstyles all look like they are worth checking out.

So really, to actually finally get to the point... I really just have a few questions..

How do you feel about the current state of warlock pvp in each of the specs?
    How do we seem to be performing in raids compared to other damage dealers?
    How do you foresee us performing in both pvp and pve in the upcoming patch?
    Also, having not played since roughly January, how long would it take me to catch up in gearing for raiding? Has the release of the legendary effected the chance of getting a raid slot for a caster dps, assuming you don't have it? (Honestly I'm not sure how long it's been out or how challenging the thing is to get.)

So, as far as locks go, is it a fun time to play with witchcraft or should I leave the pointy black hat on the shelf and just chillax till I get my greedy claws on Skyrim?

Thank you for reading, thank you for replying! <3
    Also, free GLOMPS Bwahahahahaha!
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

The current state of warlock pvp? You'll have to experience it yourself.
    The arenatards will tell you that Warlocks are fine. Too bad they're the only ones that Blizzard listens to.

You'll definetly have a spot in 3v3. But that's pretty much it.
    Only way to be viable is to have a pocket healer, or a team built around covering your weaknesses, which are many.
    Otherwise be prepared to be trained the entire time and brutally anally raped by melee.
    We're stuck with clumsy and outdated mechanics that will be forever clumsy and outdated compared to Mages.

PvE has never been so easy to get into. It's becoming increasingly pointless too if all you care about is topping meters, which is still possible.

MoP looks to bring some neat PvP stuff to the table. I'd suggest holding off; Cata PvP is nothing spectacular (in fact, I find it pretty terrible to be honest).

Deleted
    Warlocks are pretty much essential in ARENA 3 vs 3. at the moment. Battlegrounds, and the rest; very much down to player skill! lot's of QQ atm.

PvE; Warlocks are fine PVE wise, although. You need the gear, without the gear, your nothing. As demonology lock you need the trinket: Moonwell chalice, because of a current bug with your doomguard scaling to high. In 4.3 This will be fixed. though I still believe demo will be the favorised PVE spec.

affliction atm is standard DPS, you wont top any meters unless your in a bad guild.
    destro doesnt scale enough. And isnt viable.