Deleted

Ragnaros HC seeds portal trick

Hello everyone,
    I have a quick question about the demonic circle trick. The way I understand, if you drop your seed away from the others and then teleport to the raid, you can freely hellfire while running with the adds because your add has a longer way to run to you. But my question is, is the elemental that goes for you always the one from the seed that goes for you? Or is the fixating of the elementals random?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered somewhere, I tried to search for it but didn't find this particular answer. Thanks!

Your elemental fixates you unless you die, but they do have an aggro table and can be pulled off with enough threat.

Edit:[selfdoubt] I know I'm right in that they have an aggro table and threat can be dropped, but can you actually pull off? I don't fully remember[/selfdoubt]
    Last edited by Penguin FTW; 2011-10-23 at 06:40 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the quick answer, exactly what I was looking for.

I remember trying this when we were first progressing on this phase. It doesn't work well. This is mainly because the seeds run faster than you do. I constantly found myself getting out ran by them and at the same time having my add catch up to me right in the middle of the pile.

Yes it works. Back before the nerf my guild used to have us warlocks go demo for seeds. What you do is when your group is stacked up just stack about 15 yards behind them, and move when they move. The only downside is that it takes a very long time for your seed to get to you, and so its kind of hit or miss on whether or not your own seed will get aoe'd down with the rest, or whether or not you'll have to put a lot of damage into it yourself.

As long as you drop your seed 10yd or farther from the stack, you are fine to kill the other seeds w/o getting killed by your own elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I remember trying this when we were first progressing on this phase. It doesn't work well. This is mainly because the seeds run faster than you do. I constantly found myself getting out ran by them and at the same time having my add catch up to me right in the middle of the pile.
    This strat DOES work -very- well, the seeds shouldn't take longer than 1-5 seconds window to die, the 10yd or + are more than enough to make up for this time.

Deleted
    Very helpful. Thanks.