Poll: Would you pay for extra Void Storage tabs?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Extra Void Storage tabs in Blizzard store?

I, like so many others, have been playing for a looong time on the same character. I have used lots of different gear sets. Most have been DE'd when new one came along, other sets were stored in bank (and later void storage). Some PvP elite sets, AQ set, old tier sets, some weapons (some of which are no longer obtainable), are now taking up the space of my void storage.

One could easily argue "just sell half of it". But I have done that, for most sets. The ones I have, I want to keep, and since I have been playing so long there's quite many sets I really want to keep. (inb4 you play too much).

Anyways, since Blizzard recently has been adding stuff to the blizz store and will likely keep on doing it (which I am fine with as long as WoW does not end up as pay to win) why not add extra Void Storage tabs for sale? It would certainly not be something everyone would need, or want for that matter, but there would surely be people willing to pay for it.

So would you consider paying for extra Void Storage tabs?

Edit:
    People should also know that Blizzard has stated multiple times that their reason for not adding more void storage space is because of the costs involved. Yes, it costs money to add extra storage within the game (that is also one of the reasons enchants, reforges and gems are wiped when you put an item in void storage. The more stuff you have on an item, the more bytes of storage it takes, and void storage is kind of a cloud storage).

That is why we will not get more void storage space available for purchase by gold. Your gold is not worth Blizzard investing real money into upgrading the storing required by extra void storage space.

Hence, the only solutions would be paying actual money for more void storage, or that blizzard change the whole way you store items.
    Last edited by l4808; 2013-08-01 at 01:42 AM.

Deleted
    Im fine with cosmetic stuff in the store. Stuff that mingle with the game that I'M PAYING FOR? NO!

Void Storage in its current quantity was a direct result of the removal of the keyring.
    It is doubtful that they would make such a substantial structural change an additional paid-for extra.
    They are seemingly looking into other solutions to storage issues, but no details other than being told it is too early to say anything.

edit:

Originally Posted by Bashiok
    (Source)
    Adding more space to put more stuff isn't a solution, it's just delaying the problem, and usually not by much. We've been talking about (and even telling all y'all) that solving the storage problem is something we've set our sights on. Of course I'm not going to make an announcement here so no specifics to share yet, or when that relief may surface, but it is something we want to tackle asap.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-01 at 04:34 AM.

I'd like more void storage slots, but I'd want to be able to buy them in game for gold.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

I'd be fine with this sort of move towards the kind of services F2P games had if Blizzard made a more definite move towards making WoW F2P. Until then, I'd rather see such a thing purchasable with in-game gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    uh no there pushing it for 15 bucks a helm(opinion).....to add store bought storage would be over the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind.. If it's cheap, I would get it anyways, need the space.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    While I do not have issues with getting stuff like lesser charms or an EXP buff, stuff like extra storage tabs would rub me the wrong way. I don't have any issues with the in-game store in general, i couldn't care less, but considering we still PAY for the game everymonth, this stuff should be available through in-game gold

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Void Storage in its current quantity was a direct result of the removal of the keyring.
    What? They have nothing to do with each other.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love more space but I'm not going to pay realperson money for it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I want more void storage, and no I definitely don't want them to be sold in the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'd love more space but I'm not going to pay realperson money for it.
    That is almost exactly what Blizzard is thinking. "They would love more space, but we are not going to invest 'realperson money' into offering more void storage space"

10+ Year Old Account
    I will only stand for stuff like that if its F2P. If they add shit like this to a store while still having a sub model. I am out for good and i know i am not the only one that will tell them to fuck off.
    Aye mate

I've never used void storage before, never had a reason to, so as far as I'm concerned it'd be fine. They could sell extra slots for like $5 or something and make a decent amount, don't see anything wrong with it really.

It's entirely extra and obviously not needed to continue enjoying the game, if people want to pay for it great if not whatever.

Pay to win. Great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has said that adding more bag slots (for all intents and purposes, Void storage is another "bag slot") isn't something they're too keen on doing, because it doesn't actually solve the problem at hand.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    If i'm paying a subscription i should get the slots for free, same for exp boosts.

I'd like more storage space, but no way in hell I'm paying money for it, in game gold though, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Pay to win. Great idea.
    When did storing old items for cosmetic purposes has anything to do with win?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    If i'm paying a subscription i should get the slots for free, same for exp boosts.
    Hmmm, why is that? Why should you get something totally not needed for free? If I go and pay for a truck I wouldn't expect them to give me a plow with it, sure it might be nice to have one during the winter when it snows, but I'm expected to buy my own.

You don't need exp boosts, leveling is fast without them, you don't need more storage slots, there are plenty already. I don't see why you think you're entitled to those things.