where to by a graphics card for my laptop

Hey all i have posted about my laptop before i have done everything in my power to try and fix it. Basicly whats wrong with it is sometimes when i'm about to log in to get the desktop the screen goes black and does'nt do anything for a bit then i get the bsod. When i can get acess everything is very blury and what not. I have updated the drivers for my laptop and even took my friends advice and did a roll back driver that didnt fix it ethier and i tried throwing the card in the oven XD that didnt fix it ethier i put the card back in and it still does the same thing so no putting it in the oven did'nt cause it and when it does work i try to get in wow, wow wont even start because it says could'nt fine a sutible display driver to load aborting operation. I have also tried reinstalling the os 3 times that did'nt fix it ethier so i have determined that it is a hardware problem.
    I am using an ASUS g50vt-x5 and the graphics card is a nvidia GeForce 9800m GS 512 mb. So the point of this post is i was wondering if you guys could help me out finding a card cause i looked for 2 hrs yesterday and could'nt find anything maybe i was looking in the wrong places, it would be very awesome if someone could help me out. thank you

p.s. sorry if there is bad grammar : / wow i put by instead of buy i feel so dumb lol -.-
    Last edited by harpoaian; 2011-10-24 at 09:37 PM.

Your best bet would be finding a used replacement on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-G71G-nV...item20b918b6ae

Not 100% if it's compatible... it's the same card but for a different asus laptop model.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

hrmm i took a look at that link but ill have to look more into it and see if it would fit

You also seriously need to consider when it's time to give up with it. Paying $150 + shipping for used part for nearly three years old laptop is bit questionable use of money, unless you want to get it fixed out of principle.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

my fiance keeps telling me to give up on it lol you guys think i really should i spent 1k on it and got 2 years of use out of it : /

There's a two year manufacturer warranty on that laptop - you said you've had it for two years, is it two years exactly, over two years, a little less than two years? If so, contact ASUS and see what they can do for you, that's really your best bet.

the warrenty expired : /

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Ah....

I can relate to your issue. My 8600m GT Compal FL90 (Ibuypower CZ-7 Ultra) finally gave up nearly 5 months ago. It was a good system and I got a good 3.5 years out of it. I knew the gpu would eventually blow and was prepared for it. Unfortunately it seems that your 9800m GS didn't have a common problem like my 8600m did. I agree with the others saying that you need to consider that getting the laptop fixed might not be worth it. Especially now-a-days with laptop prices going down fast. Asus gaming laptops run about $900-$1500 with some decent ones priced around $1200. If you really wanna go high end, try Alienware. Some of there decent sized laptops run $1200+. I bought my M18x for $3000, but that's an extreme case and I didn't want to upgrade for a really long time. Honestly, if you need the portability, get a laptop, if not, get a desktop. Warranties will expire at the worst possible time when your system decides to act up. Very hard to replace laptop components vs. desktop ones. At least if 1 part goes out on a desktop, its not rocket science to head to Bestbuy or check out Newegg.com for a replacement part. Your 9800m GS probably could handle many games ok, but i'm sure it was a losing FPS battle that would end in it becoming a gaming brick in the next 2-3 years.

Like my A+ Cert teacher used to say: With computers so cheap these days, why bother repairing them at all?
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

alright thanks guys for all the consideration i think im just going to give up on the thing now is there anyway that i could like trade in the laptop for money or no lol XD

Deleted
    In future, can I offer some advice. If your buying a laptop/computer and you know you want the high end, and want it to last, Do consider extended warranty. I have a very nice HP DV6 that I adore, and I bought extended warranty because I don't plan to upgrade for at least another 3 years, and it was only 150 euro to increase it to accidental 3 years.