Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    polearm for hunters/feral druids, they deserve it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    except hunters will not us polearms in MoP

my guess is a bow first and then something like fists or maybe a staff for monks/druids

10+ Year Old Account
    They are going to have a PVP theme, and legendarys follow a story, so its time for some PVP legendarys! A 2h Axe for Horde and a 2h sword for Alliance, the quest centered around a big name horde character (saurfang maybe) and a big name Alliance character fighting 1v1, that ends in a double kill that shatters both weapons, then the player collects their weapon from the battlefield, and goes on a quest to reforge it with Ancient Pandaren techniques.

The actual in game sequence could revolve around a massive (repeating every 2 hours) world event where the 2 sides fight and the player has to get in there and collects shards from the weapons, with say 20 dropping each time (per person) and a player needing 400 for the first step. Then second step would be seeing their factions top blacksmith and requiring a large amount of crating materials, then third seeking out Pandaren metal workers and doing single player quests for them to prove your honor, 4th an instance run to get it heated by dragon's breath (Ony callback!), then finally a return to the metal workers for the reforging!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    IMO it'd be hunter's and tank's turn now. There are problems though because hunters will be the only ones who can even equip the bow and tanks really don't share weps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'm not saying druids/monks will not be able to use polearms, just that a staff makes more sense lore-wise for both classes.

Bears and Str... even when Str still gave 2 AP, Agi necks and rings were better for bears than their Str counterparts. Tanking trinkets don't use Str. No need to let Str return to leather classes.
    A polearm makes just as much sense as a staff for Monks, however, a staff does fit a Druid better. But who knows? I chose polearm because there have already been 2 staff legendaries and 0 polearm legendaries, but I would definitely like Chen Stormstout's brew-stick as the legendary.

As for Bears; the split of Feral into Feral and Guardian means there will be quite a few differences to be seen, which is why I wouldnt be surprised if they allowed strength to be (almost?)as beneficial to Guardian as agility -- after all, they do want strength polearms to come back, and staves need no longer mind Hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Deleted
    Legandary bamboo staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    hunter had the worst situation when it comes to legendary and there is no arguing about it
    Worst situation? Enhancement Shaman everywhere would like to argue with you about that. At least you GOT a legendary bow. Sure you didn't get much chance to use it before the next expac came after, but at least you got one. Enhancement has had ZERO (count that as less than your 1) legendaries. Not only does Enhancement have no legendaries they can use, but they often get shafted with weapons all around. We usually are given 1, MAYBE 2, options for weapons per tier. Then they go and introduce all kinds of lovely new crafted weapons and... oh wait, there is nothing for an Enhancement Shaman AGAIN. Enhancement has gotten screwed time and time and time again in the weapon department.

I am hoping for a pair of legendary fist weapons for Monks and Enhancement Shaman. Or, as someone mentioned, a Staff that splits apart into a pair of maces would be pretty awesome. Then Ferals, Monks and Enhancement Shaman could all get some legendary love as the 3 classes/specs that will have had pretty much zero representation in the legendary market.

I recall someone asking when the next tank legendary is going to be out, and Blizzard said "After we have a legendary staff".

Also, since monks can use staves, it's possible the next legendary could be an agility staff, for feral druids, hunters, and monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    They are going to have a PVP theme, and legendarys follow a story, so its time for some PVP legendarys! A 2h Axe for Horde and a 2h sword for Alliance, the quest [...]
    PvP and quests? These don't fit together. Remember the quests that existed for Arathi and Alterac? *shiver*

Also, where is the effort in doing a quest line? PvE legendaries involve the help of the whole raid/guild. How do you translate that to PvP?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

my dream is a legendary chest piece that shrouds the user in mist increasing dodge chance by x number and some cool effect like completely dodging all incoming damage for the next x seconds would be epic for tanks and also in fit with the expansion. hehehehe i would totally roll a tank if this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    As for Bears; the split of Feral into Feral and Guardian means there will be quite a few differences to be seen, which is why I wouldnt be surprised if they allowed strength to be (almost?)as beneficial to Guardian as agility
    A split doesn't mean the concept of bear tanking will be overhauled completely, not even (especially not?) their stats. Where would the gear come from? Why does Leather need Int, Agi and Str?
    Bears (and I think this also applies similarly to agile monks) are about avoidance through Agi/Dodge and mitigation through Agi=Crit+AP, and unless we get Parry, I see no use in Str.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Why would they give a legendary to cats/bears when you would never see apart from out of combat, seems kind of pointless, though they could have something like the Fl staff i guess. I'm hoping for another 2-hander personally

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    A legendary for the Monk class is probable, though who knows tbh. As such I'd expect to see either a legendary polearm, or a set of fist weapons. Not a staff, since we just had one (even though it was for casters, not physical DPS).

That said, the problem with tailoring a legendary to Monks is that all 3 specs use wildly different weapons. With Death Knights all 3 specs could use Shadowmourne (though you'd be crazy to give it to a Tank). Also, a set of fist weapons could be seen as too similar to the Rogue daggers incoming in 4.3. And I've already mentioned the problem with a staff.

So... who the hell knows, tbh. Maybe an agility Polearm, maybe not. Maybe something completely unexpected: that's what the Fangs of the Father were, after all. Blizzard can and will do whatever the hell they like with Legendaries, provided they make sense with the story they wish to tell.
    Our first shadowmourne went to our Blood DK tank. It was a perfectly fine item to give to a DK tank, as threat was actually an issue back then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Why would they give a legendary to cats/bears when you would never see apart from out of combat, seems kind of pointless
    As a one-time item, a feral legendary could apply special armor or spell effects to forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    hunter had the worst situation when it comes to legendary and there is no arguing about it
    Actually, Enhancement Shaman have the worst situation when it comes to all weapons, not even just legendaries. At least Hunters got a legendary weapon, regardless of whether it was around for long before being replaced. Heck, technically you got 2 if you count TF, even though that should not have been given to hunters ever. Enhancement Shaman are screwed with weapons in general. We usually get 1, MAYBE 2, weapon options per tier. Granted not all loot has been posted yet, but in Dragon Soul, Enh has 1 option for a weapon and it comes with Expertise and Haste on it. Not exactly the stats we really want. And since we have 1 option, we will have to get 2 of the same weapon to be up to par gear wise.

Personally, I think it should either be a pair of Legendary fists for Monks and Enhancement Shaman or, as someone mentioned earlier, a staff that splits into 2 slow maces so that Monks, Ferals and Enhancement shaman get some legendary love.
    Last edited by Thagrynor; 2011-10-26 at 07:32 AM. Reason: typing fail

Is it only me that's mindblowned about so many people don't yet know, due to how many times it has been said in this thread that hunters CANT use staffs/polearms etc... ???

OT : Legendary shirt! .. nah jk. I really don't know!

Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    something for feral druids? we've kind of been left out since, well, always (unless you count hand of salfuras back in vanilla, but that was STR not AGI)
    And now well... Str was the stat a feral wanted back then, derp.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 07:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Aside from Vanilla, we've had 2 legendaries per expansion so far. 1 in the middle raid, 1 in the final raid.

TBC: Warglaives (Black Temple), and Thori'dal (Sunwell)
    WotLK: Val'anyr (Ulduar), and Shadowmourne (Icecrown)
    Cataclysm: Dragonwrath (Firelands), and Fangs of the Father (Dragon Soul)

Vanilla is the only difference, with 3 legendaries. 2 in Molten Core (Thunderfury and Sulfuras) which required stuff from Blackwing Lair as well, and 1 in Naxxramas (Atiesh), which required an item from Ahn'Qiraj as well.
    And the one that accidentaly dropped ;p

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 07:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    How? That doesn't make any sense.
    Hunters lose Polearms, but Brewmasters gain them. I don't see the problem here. They also want Strength Polearms to make a return, and really, I wouldn't be surprised to see Guardian Druids converted to Strength somewhat.
    That would mean leather with str or agi, more variation in loot and whatnot, a 4th tier set for druids... I don't think so :-)

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 07:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    Am I the only one thinking the flamescythe for ferals could just as well be a legendary, I mean, a flaming pussy, how awesome is that...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    A split doesn't mean the concept of bear tanking will be overhauled completely, not even (especially not?) their stats. Where would the gear come from? Why does Leather need Int, Agi and Str?
    Bears (and I think this also applies similarly to agile monks) are about avoidance through Agi/Dodge and mitigation through Agi=Crit+AP, and unless we get Parry, I see no use in Str.
    I didn't say it would, I said it wouldn't surprise me if they did, especially because of the Polearm and Monk situation. Strength doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Parry anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    And now well... Str was the stat a feral wanted back then, derp.
    They didn't, however, want the weapon damage, weapon speed, melee proc, defensive proc, and Ferals were not usable in neither PvE nor PvP at the time. One single stat out of a whole weapon does not make it a weapon for that spec. That's Hunter thinking.

That would mean leather with str or agi, more variation in loot and whatnot, a 4th tier set for druids... I don't think so :-)
    Windwalker/Feral/Rogue: Agility
    Brewmaster/Guardian: Agility/Strength
    I don't see it being too farfetched. Does the game have enough room for 2 Agility-based Dodge-tanks?

Am I the only one thinking the flamescythe for ferals could just as well be a legendary, I mean, a flaming pussy, how awesome is that...
    It's not a legendary if it's not a legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess it will be a fist legendary weapon for the Monk class since they excel in hand to hand combat.

Agility staff seems likely. Just think from a standpoint of "What ancient artifact could we acquire from a raid in Pandaland?". Druid/Monk tanking weapon seems like the intuitive choice.