Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you have no idea how to overclock your cpu properly, let alone properly google a guide to do so that you can follow along with and actually understand what you are doing, then chances are you should not be overclocking your system at all. this is a recipe for disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venius View Post
    If you have no idea how to overclock your cpu properly, let alone properly google a guide to do so that you can follow along with and actually understand what you are doing, then chances are you should not be overclocking your system at all. this is a recipe for disaster.
    Google alone is not an answer.... for this stuff you want information from people who have done it. Google will be full of people posting guides about how they think you can do it... very few of them will have actually ever got clock speeds higher than 4.0-4.5GHz or even used the current/same generation chip as you.
    I really hate this "IF you can't Google it, I won't help you" mentality.... Google is not an answer for everything. (It may have it, but how do you know it's the correct one?)

If your going to be this unhelpful, at least post a guide for the person your talking to to follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the help everyone, especially TetrisGoat for helping me personally.

I just successfully did my first overclock (woo!), again thank you so much ^.^
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Here is a pretty helpful guide for OCing the 2600k on a p67.. should work with a z68 too. http: // hardforum.com /showthread. php?t=1578110 (sorry can't post links yet gotta remove the spaces)