Deleted

PvP Hunters, aspects question.

Hey, been playing hunter lately and I could use some thoughts on aspect usage in PvP.

Do you keybind your aspects?

I've been using macros to switch between fox/hawk when I use certain skills (fox just for steady shot really), is this ok? I'm not sure if there is a downside to this instead of putting aspects on seperate keybinds, as I have an extra steady shot bind for use in hawk aspect. (only downside I notice is the constant noise from aspect of the hawk) Gimme your thoughts on this setup. Do you use it? Is it bad to use it? Thanks.

Most hunters just bind Aspect of the Hawk before their Chimera Shot, Arcane Shot, and Kill Shot. And another macro that binds Aspect of the Fox with Steady Shot.

Braindeadly, one of the best PvP hunters right now, made a video on his macros. He makes a keybind for Aspect of the Hawk and Aspect of the Fox and he doesn't bind the Aspect to a shot and to quote him regarding binding Aspect to Shots, 'that's just noob'.

Really, if you just want to have fun and not to have to worry about using the wrong Aspect, you can just bind the Aspect to your Shots.

Binding fox to steady is stupid
    Saying that binding hawk to chimera/kill "just noob" is stupid
    So... Bind fox itself to a key and hawk to shots, voila

Deleted
    I have a macro that switches between hawk and fox

Deleted
    alt + scroll up = aspect of the hawk
    alt + scroll down = aspect of the fox

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    Binding fox to steady is stupid
    Saying that binding hawk to chimera/kill "just noob" is stupid
    So... Bind fox itself to a key and hawk to shots, voila
    Well I have fox macro'd to one steadyshot keybind and hawk on another, I just wanna know why people are saying this is a bad thing to do, I've yet to see a good argument against it other than "it's nooby".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarez View Post
    I have a macro that switches between hawk and fox
    This.

/castsequence !Aspect of the Fox, !Aspect of the Hawk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stixx View Post
    Well I have fox macro'd to one steadyshot keybind and hawk on another, I just wanna know why people are saying this is a bad thing to do, I've yet to see a good argument against it other than "it's nooby".
    Because sometimes u can stand still and cast steady and with hawk aspect they do more dmg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Because sometimes u can stand still and cast steady and with hawk aspect they do more dmg
    Well it says right there in what you quoted I have a separate keybind for steady with hawk macro'd to it too.

So far nobody has given a downside to it. I still don't understand why it's considered "nooby".

Until you get very good at hunter just bind fox to steady shot and hawk to your instant shots. I find that on my hunter alt doing this allows me to always be positioning myself properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    Until you get very good at hunter just bind fox to steady shot and hawk to your instant shots. I find that on my hunter alt doing this allows me to always be positioning myself properly.
    I agree. I've had my hunter since launch but it has never been nor will it ever be my main. Not so shockingly, I'm mediocre with it (at best) and I tend to only play it once my other characters are geared (meaning it will go unplayed for a year or two at a time). Before Cata, I bound the aspects (cheetah, viper and hawk) but because I find myself fumbling around, I was thankful to take the lazy way out and just macro fox and hawk to shots. Quite frankly, this isn't going to make a lick of difference in the 1200-1500 brackets that my hunter tends to frequent so I don't see the point in holding myself to this higher standard. I don't click or backpedal so I'm already a few steps ahead of most of the hunters I see here

That's an option too, I meant a single bind for steady with fox. Depends on your preferences, I guess, I have 1-6 binded for shots and traps and mouse keys to aspects, so no place for 2nd steady key. (1-6 with modifiers are also binded, ofc). And I'm afraid it would be hard for me to quit mashing my steady spam button of "2" when I need "3", for example, with another aspect .
    (Nvm the slow rogue )
    Last edited by Zauber; 2011-10-27 at 07:30 AM.

Deleted
    Well it says right there in what you quoted I have a separate keybind for steady with hawk macro'd to it too.

So far nobody has given a downside to it. I still don't understand why it's considered "nooby".
    What i mean is that ppl call "nooby" others player that use just one macro for change aspect binded to shots, and the word "nooby" is limited only to those
    (Nvm the tard huntard)

I'm glad that my post helped you to figure out what Stixx means in almost no time of 20 minutes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    I'm glad that my post helped you to figure out what Stixx means in almost no time of 20 minutes
    Idk if you're talking to me but in that case.... you think that my whole life is based on looking at this forum? lol