Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I don't think "subjective" means what you think it does. And if he said he alliance were "emo niggers" you would be fine with this as well? Or is your bigotry limited to gays?
    Yeah, that comparison isn't really fair. I'd think fa***t might be more akin to what you're trying to do, but again, one is a term slave owners used as a derogatory slur to oppress an entire race of people, and one is...well, something another set of people do.

That's like walking up to a drummer and calling him a "dirty rhythm keeper".

Answer the question. If the slur were directed at African Americans, would it still be okay?
    Yes, because it is a word. A WORD.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I understand it was meant as a joke or wind up but it just wasn't funny tbh, I wasn't offended or really bothered but I just kinda thought it was stupid and over the top.
    Its Corpsegrinder, hard to expect anything intelligent from someone like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aisriyth View Post
    I wouldn't care. He could call all white people inbred white cracker trash.
    Exactly, they're just words, they aren't hurting you, i promise. <3

Deleted
    chirisvacant I think you need a happy meal, and also while you're at it get some for your poor offended alliancetoons as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care. He could call all white people inbred white cracker trash.
    lol.

I guess that solves that then. Your indifference might speak for yourself and others, but compassion should teach you otherwise. It is not necessary to call people slurs, period. Ever. In any situation. When a professional business adheres to a code of conduct that agrees with this notion, they are expected to endorse things that don't also contribute to said hate speech. I understand that it is difficult for people in this thread to put themselves in others' shoes... However, such is the case when any minority is involved. You weren't offended? Cool. I'm not offended either, because I think metal is garbage music and that guy is just a backwards hick in my eyes. That doesn't mean I agree with Blizzard for playing the video. Do I think Samwise is a bigot? Nope. I think some posters in this thread are, though, and Blizzard apologized for the gaffe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertoxxulous View Post
    Being a smartass and trolling are 2 different things, hipster. The fact is, you saying you think they aren't musicians is your opinion, but they ARE musicians, so this opinion is invalid.
    Sigh, I grow weary of these games you play...

You're not being a smartass, you're just being annoying. I don't know what you're really trying to achieve but you're failing horribly.

And no, my opinion is NOT invalid. It's not. I'm sorry you're too much of an idiot to realize how these things ACTUALLY work. I'm guessing you've been told that your own opinion has been "invalid" so many times that you've taken to use it yourself, even though it's actually REALLY HARD, if not completely impossible, for an opinion to be "invalid".

Soon, I guess you'll whip out "lol umad bro?", just waiting for the right moment to do so. Let me save you some time there - no. No I am not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I don't think "subjective" means what you think it does. And if he said he alliance were "emo niggers" you would be fine with this as well? Or is your bigotry limited to gays?
    I wouldn't be offened.

Exactly, they're just words, they aren't hurting you, i promise. <3
    I would laugh if someone actually called me that, being offended at stated in a perious video is subjective... you don't have to be offended, you choose to be, people are silly in this case :P
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Sigh, I grow weary of these games you play...

You're not being a smartass, you're just being annoying. I don't know what you're really trying to achieve but you're failing horribly.

And no, my opinion is NOT invalid. It's not. I'm sorry you're too much of an idiot to realize how these things ACTUALLY work. I'm guessing you've been told that your own opinion has been "invalid" so many times that you've taken to use it yourself, even though it's actually REALLY HARD, if not completely impossible, for an opinion to be "invalid".
    If i'm annoying, ignore me then, but you just can't help yourself, and your opinion is invalid if it can be proven as fact.

What this comes down to is a simple bad joke , in bad taste landing flat and the target of such joke not being amused with it. We can call it a joke, i'm sure alot of people recognize it for what it was, I for one know I did, however that does not mean i am REQUIRED to enjoy the joke on any level. In fact, my exact reaction to the joke was simply "Oh damn, I thought we had actually avoided the digs at Alliance this year... maybe next year Blizzard."

For the purpose of sensationalism I will put forward a joke, say.. "Your mom is an emo cocksucking stupid homo who should die, fuck her!". A person MIGHT get angry over that, a person might shrug it off, or they might simply do what the majority of the Alliance did and say "Dude, knock it off. You're not funny try again." All are acceptable responses which will undoubtibly differ from person to person, that too is acceptable that people hold different opinions on what battles are worth fighting. I think it is in bad taste for Blizzard to air the clip they aired, on all accounts of. Blizzard and Horde players have made past blizzcon's uncomfortable for Alliance player since the beginning , I have heard stories of people targeting and attacking Alliance players in person outside of convention grounds. I don't know what Blizcon should be, I do know it should NOT be hostile territory for a person looking to celebrate Blizzard products and preview upcoming titles and announcements given to them by the company, especially not when it's due to something as arbitrary as what faction you decided to roll in a game.

Alot are saying, "It's just a game, grow up, grow some thicker skin" and so on. This does not hold ground on the fact that if someone can rant and rave about a game and swear up a storm over it, players naturally have the right to say "Dude not cool." or "Grow up" to that person without retribution of "DUDE IT'S JUST A GAME, WHY CAN'T YOU TAKE A JOKE" And so on.

Also Mbison, I keep seeing you posting in these threads about people being butthurt and you see alot of QQing and people should stop being subjective. Can you do me a favor from now on and actually post something that is well constructed and provides some insight into your perspective of things, instead of posting flame bait non stop? That would be appreciative.

lol.

It is not necessary to call people slurs, period. Ever. In any situation.

That guy is just a backwards hick in my eyes.
    challenge accepted

I thought it was bloody funny, I play mainly as Alliance and if I give it, I can take it as well. I've had a lot worse, and work besides people who play Horde. But bear in mind that the audience was a mixed bunch, people were coming to Blizzcon for the games that they love, not a rock gig where this thing is pretty much norm, and it takes a bit to step up and apologise.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by Wynde View Post
    challenge accepted
    Oh man i laughed.

Deleted
    If i'm annoying, ignore me then, but you just can't help yourself, and your opinion is invalid if it can be proven as fact.
    Opinions cannot be proven as fact. THAT is a fact.

Here's an opinion - "I don't like the taste of apples."

Prove that as a fact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynde View Post
    challenge accepted
    lol, When I start charging you money to hang out with me and then I call you a cocksucker, you can totes force me to apologize should you feel the need. I will do so without hesitation.

Deleted
    Seriously ppl take such things serious? Get a life u tools.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, When I start charging you money to hang out with me and then I call you a cocksucker, you can totes force me to apologize should you feel the need. I will do so without hesitation.
    No apology required. The hypocrisy however is sweet indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    No apology required. The hypocrisy however is sweet indeed.
    It's not hypocritical. I am neither a professional business nor a representative of one. What about "this is not about morality" do you not understand? Weren't you bowing out of this anyway?