Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertoxxulous View Post
    What he is saying is times have changed, if you call something gay, it has nothing to do with the sexual meaning, just like the n word, it was first used in a negative way, now people say it as in, hes my bro.
    Times have not changed, unfortunately. That's why we still have to have these discussions.

The biggest issue, of course, being that once people grow into adults, it's nigh impossible to raise their maturity level. In short, the current generation isn't going to change, we can only hope our children live in a better world.

Quote Originally Posted by Culgrim View Post
    Caps were to emphasize words over others to show the parts that were opinion in contrast to the facts of life. Please also stop trying to assume my current state. Follow along with my line of reasoning or ask about it. Thank you.
    I wanna know how exactly the things you typed are perceived as facts of life, in any small part, without them being a very vague generalization. Also, stating that i either "follow you or ask you about it" is quite flawed and there are so many things wrong with that way of thinking. I do appreciate the lack of caps as it makes your text easier to read though.

Plain and simple, words are words, if your offended by them, big deal, your offended, welcome to the world where everyone is offended by something >_<
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer View Post
    Kudos to you.

You are not every single person on the face of the earth.

that is ture. why dose everyone have to be so difrent?
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2011-10-26 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Times have not changed, unfortunately. That's why we still have to have these discussions.

The biggest issue, of course, being that once people grow into adults, it's nigh impossible to raise their maturity level. In short, the current generation isn't going to change, we can only hope our children live in a better world.

Eventually it will be accepted. Most gays i know says thinks along the lines of "thats gay", or will say "no homo, or is there? ;]" and things like that.
    So, soon™. I hope.
    Last edited by Bertoxxulous; 2011-10-26 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Bloodfire View Post

, but ture. why dose everyone have to be so difrent?
    Variety(and Melange) is the spice of life!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aisriyth View Post
    As I said its a tricky subject. It is by all rights ok to say most anything. Any actually legal repercussions are labeled as "fighting words" due to the nature of them it is extremely tricky to actually really do anything about it.
    Huh? Freedom of Speech is not a get out of jail free card. Plenty of people have been taken to court for slurs and lost their case rightfully so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aisriyth View Post
    Variety(and Melange) is the spice of life!
    Got a point there, if life was dull it would be no fun and all boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Bloodfire View Post

, but ture. why dose everyone have to be so difrent?
    Because everyone feels the need to be special and we are told so from birth and during grade school that we are all special and everyone could be a astronaut/president/whatever and when we get to adulthood and find out we are not in fact special, but just another person, the shit hits the fan.

They should be teaching children that there is no difference between race/gender/beliefs and the world would be a much better place for it
    Last edited by tielknight; 2011-10-26 at 11:49 AM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

10+ Year Old Account
    man, how weak.

Seriously, alliance players are weak for feeling insulted by this, and there weak for giving into it.

I have a 6'2" ex-military friend, with an different lifestyle than mine, that like to talk to you about redefining weak.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    I wanna know how exactly the things you typed are perceived as facts of life, in any small part, without them being a very vague generalization. Also, stating that i either "follow you or ask you about it" is quite flawed and there are so many things wrong with that way of thinking. I do appreciate the lack of caps as it makes your text easier to read though.

Plain and simple, words are words, if your offended by them, big deal, your offended, welcome to the world where everyone is offended by something >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Culgrim
    Dude, stop being a smartass, he said he THINKS they shouldn't be considered musicians. This means that he is AWARE of the title they hold and it is his OPINION that they are undeserving. It also implys that he is also AWARE of the genre of the music and is not a fan. No where is anything said about it NOT EXISTING IN CURRENT FORM AS A PIECE OF MUSIC or the fact that THE MUSICIANS in questions are NOT infact SUCCESSFUL ACCOMPLISHED MUSICIONS. He simply stated that TO HIM it comes across as NOICE!

The same way someone who does not know Japanese or is not a fan of the people WOULD PRECIEVE it as gibberish, this however IN NO WAY stops it from being AN ACTUAL LANGUAGE as recognised BY THE WORLD.
    musiciansplural of mu·si·cian (Noun)
    Noun:

A person who is talented or skilled in music.
    A person who plays a musical instrument, esp. professionally.

Death metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It typically employs heavily distorted guitars, tremolo picking, deep growling vocals, blast beat drumming, minor keys or atonality, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes.

George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher (born July 8, 1970)[1] is the vocalist for the American death metal band Cannibal Corpse and the lesser-known melodic death metal band Paths of Possession.

Cannibal Corpse is an American death metal band from Buffalo, New York. Formed in 1988, the band has released eleven studio albums, one box set, and one live album. Throughout the years the band has been established, they have had little radio or television exposure, although a cult following began to build behind the group with the release of albums such as 1991's Butchered at Birth and 1992's Tomb of the Mutilated which both reached over one million in worldwide sales by 2003,[1] including 558,929 in the United States, making them the top-selling death metal band of all time in the US, and second worldwide.[2]

Japanese (日本語 Nihongo?, [nihoŋɡo] ( listen)) is a language spoken by over 130 million[4] people in Japan and in Japanese emigrant communities. It is a member of the Japonic (or Japanese-Ryukyuan) language family, which has a number of proposed relationships with other languages, none of which has gained wide acceptance among historical linguists

Research is hard yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Huh? Freedom of Speech is not a get out of jail free card. Plenty of people have been taken to court for slurs and lost their case rightfully so.
    Point in case. It is a tricky subject. It is unconstitutional for any Federal or State Government to prohibit Hate Speech. The exceptions (due to safety usually of the greater society) are obscenities(subjective and contextual to the time), defamation, incitement of riots and fighting words.

This however doesn't mean in private situations you can get away with it.

Edit: Not 100% positive but i believe there are some law stipulations for Telecommunications as well.

What he is saying is times have changed, if you call something gay, it has nothing to do with the sexual meaning, just like the n word, it was first used in a negative way, now people say it as in, hes my bro.
    Correction. Shut-ins that have no affiliation with the outside world do that. People who actually get educated on civil issues realize that's completely stupid.

Again, no one cares about what you do with your buddies on your own time. I'd be lying through my teeth if I didn't make some kind of jab ironically here or there amongst friends in a completely closed environment. But doing it on a grand stage of thousands, potentially a million plus if they had their way with the amount of Virtual Tickets they'd love to sell, is not even remotely the same thing.

The connotation of certain words just isn't going to "go away." Because those words were made to be negative in the first place BECAUSE of that group. "Cocksucker" is associated with homosexuals as being negative because it originally was supposed to be calling out men for being "like a woman." So it marginalizes women AND male homosexuals all at once. And yet people still dish out these completely stupid arguments like "LOL, it's just a generic word for a person you don't like now XD SO RANDUM" even though it got to be that way in the first place THROUGH hate.

Don't give me this crap like the South Park motorcyclist episode where they change the definition of "fags," (not saying YOU are arguing this) because I know someone brought it up. Words do change over time, but they change relevant to how society views them. And as a whole, the majority of the people who think it's A-OK are the privileged non-minority. The fact that people react negatively is a case for the fact that words don't change in the course of a couple of decades, they change over a much longer period of time.

Can't you just call someone any other myriad assortment of colorful, group-blind atrocities and be done with it? I don't get why slurs need to be a "thing." They're so easy to avoid, it's not like you are physically compelled to say them.

Yea if I was gay I wouldn't want to be compared to the Alliance either.

90% of my WoW time was spent of Alliance chars .

Did I feel offended ? NOT. AT. ALL.

It was a joke and I had fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    90% of my WoW time was spent of Alliance chars .

Did I feel offended ? NOT. AT. ALL.

It was a joke and I had fun.
    This has nothing to do with being offended about being Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    Yea if I was gay I wouldn't want to be compared to the Alliance either.
    Lmfao... win.

Lmfao... win.
    Negative ghost rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Culgrim View Post
    musiciansplural of mu·si·cian (Noun)
    Noun:

A person who is talented or skilled in music.
    A person who plays a musical instrument, esp. professionally.

Death metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It typically employs heavily distorted guitars, tremolo picking, deep growling vocals, blast beat drumming, minor keys or atonality, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes.

George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher (born July 8, 1970)[1] is the vocalist for the American death metal band Cannibal Corpse and the lesser-known melodic death metal band Paths of Possession.

Cannibal Corpse is an American death metal band from Buffalo, New York. Formed in 1988, the band has released eleven studio albums, one box set, and one live album. Throughout the years the band has been established, they have had little radio or television exposure, although a cult following began to build behind the group with the release of albums such as 1991's Butchered at Birth and 1992's Tomb of the Mutilated which both reached over one million in worldwide sales by 2003,[1] including 558,929 in the United States, making them the top-selling death metal band of all time in the US, and second worldwide.[2]

Japanese (日本語 Nihongo?, [nihoŋɡo] ( listen)) is a language spoken by over 130 million[4] people in Japan and in Japanese emigrant communities. It is a member of the Japonic (or Japanese-Ryukyuan) language family, which has a number of proposed relationships with other languages, none of which has gained wide acceptance among historical linguists

Research is hard yo.
    How exactly is that relevant when quoting my post? Quoting your old post again for what reason? I asked you a simple question, which i'm apparently supposed to do if i'm not following your way of thinking according to you last post. Also, thank you for bringing caps back, even if it's the same post =\

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    How exactly is that relevant when quoting my post? Quoting your old post again for what reason? I asked you a simple question, which i'm apparently supposed to do if i'm not following your way of thinking according to you last post. Also, thank you for bringing caps back, even if it's the same post =\
    Those are the real world facts that in no way change based on someones opinion.