Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I dont want blizzard to fail or wow to die, but I would like for them to lose enough so they actually take hard look at what they are doing, and change accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    a guy has a girlfriend, she breaks up with him.

now he wants her next boyfriend to be an ass. he wants her to suffer for what she did to him.

it's the same situation. they used to enjoy WoW, but didn't like the recent developments of the game. they feel betrayed by the game since it didn't go through the path they wanted. so they stopped playing and now they want WoW to fail.
    Ooo good one. Was going to come up with an analogy myself but I'm gonna just +1 yours.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

People always want to see what's perceived as the "big dog" fall. There's a certain trainwreck quality to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    They are forum hipsters, they just hate popular things :P
    This is it right here. They're just hipsters.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I have asked myself these questions, too but cannot quite understand it myself: I guess once the people have realized that the game and the players have moved on without anyone caring and are thus indeed superfluous, they begin to rage to make people notice them again and ruin their fun. I myself have quit recently and don't feel the need to bash Blizzard at all. The game is still great, its players are ok, but the community is a disaster.

Nowadays people on forums read patch/expac information for the sole purpose of finding another reason to hate. Out of 10 truck loads of grain they will find the one tainted grain and accuse the company in charge of being lazy and corrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MephistoXVIII View Post
    I admit to having held a torch and/or pitchfork in the last week over debate of WoW. I've been in Warcraft for pretty much a decade, I mean... I've some fond memories of playing Orcs vs. Humans when I was a going on seven years old. It's been a part of my life and WoW almost gave me a chance to become intimately attached to the lore and the world I had already spent so much attention to from the angle of the omniscient glove in the sky. So... some decisions that Blizzard have made recently makes it feel like the game is breaking up with me, and in a true jealous boyfriend style I have taken to stalking every website WoW has gone to to see if I can catch the unruly whore in the act. If I want this metaphor to drag out, I feel like MoP was just that, a slight betrayal, I lie that was told or in the very least a half-truth.

Painful satire aside, I don't want WoW to "die" because it's certain at this point it won't. The gaming markets in general are so unbelievely stale that I'd rather sit on a website and bitch about one that I used to play than play any of the new ones. I do certainly foresee it one day, inevitably, needing to premium as Blizzard moves on to more important things and it ultimately is slated to either way. Lord of the Rings ends with the ring in Mount Doom, I imagine WoW's epic adventure ends with Sargeras finally being defeated, pushing aside the obvious that the story will never end because the Alliance or Horde technically aren't allowed to "win."

I feel perfectly justified saying the only reason I'm actually here is because Skyrim isn't out yet.

EDIT: Look at the posh above me, oh wow. So many people who think they aren't full of themselves either.
    Almost same.
    I started "hate" wow only in Cataclysm, and now I decided to not go back.
    People who accept anything in wow since they have money (and no morality it seems) are reason of what wow is going, will you deny that blizzard introduced in-game gold by real money using the latest pet system? I played wow (and occasional dota) almost exclusively for 6years, this year - 2011, while I "played" most of it I lost interest in wow, for many broken promises and the in-game wow community that really ruined the game.
    Deny as you wish and go say we - wow "haters" - are minority, check LK announce, Cata announce, and MoP announce, a guy who spend loads of cash to go blizzcon (a die hard fan surely, or just loaded with free time maybe?) said he doesn't take pandas serious, cata announce people where cheering much more than MoP (who had few to none cheer)
    I don't hate warcraft, but I hate wow in its current and going state (pokemon... and fluffy pandas), I hope for a warcraft 4 that is same quality as warcraft3, but since blizzard joined activision, they are going from bad to worse (in an interview with the ceo, he stated he actually want to raise the prices of games much more, blizzard games already costing)
    I wanted to buy for example Heart of Swarm, since they said each exp in SC will be independent from each others, now to play swarm you must get terran part first.
    Why I post here, because you can't post in official forums -even if you played over 6years and payed for months that you didn't log in- as long you don't have an active account, and also to find people with similar opinion who wish for the better of wow, I don't want wow to fall, I want it to get fixed, I have at least 2 characters with over 360 playtime that I miss, but I can't play wow with legal gold selling and pokemon and "new" talent system that is reducing prev exp talents by 50% (they have new points, but still lower than old one) and the best one: BC 5 new spells, wrath 3, cata 2, mop 1
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Its just a mentality really, complainers think that if they say it early enough and it actually comes to fruition (LOL) they will get some fake sense of intelligence from 'predicting' the end of the biggest (subscribed to) MMO in history.
    Every time I think i'm done with you WoW you just drag me back in...

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    The Yankees are the most successful and richest of sports franchises. Many people don't care who wins in Baseball, as long as the Yankees lose.

I feel sorry for the Blizzard haters, really I do. After Blizzard crushes SWTOR and GW2, what hope do they have.
    Lol ok.

More likely you'll get this happening.

People who like guildwars - Play that
    People who like starwars - play That
    People who like warcraft - play that

People who don't really love anything more than the other will play what is familar, What friends are playing, What they like the look of/sound of the most. Which divides people in this column slightly more into wow's favor for now, But who knows what might come six months down the road?

Nothing will die in the short term, Likely wow will keep running up to and maybe even a little after the new Blizzard MMO hits, Where blizzard will encourage most people to leave WOW, We might see how this could happen when Guildwars 2 hits and players are encouraged to stop playing gw1, Or they shut the servers down and lol@us.

Of course both games could run for years on single dedicated servers if the companies care enough, But yeah right.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people who whine just copy what someone has already said, then re-word it and pretend it's their own view. I'm sure if these forums didn't exist they wouldn't be so negative towards the game. I always see threads that contain either "vanilla wow, <insert xpac> is the worst, <blizz did this> i quit" and so on.. every week and I barely check these forums!

Blizzard does a lot of things wrong. They used to be the greatest game company in the world but they've sold their ideals and passion for a lot of money when it comes to WoW. Seeing them fail is enjoyable because it's nice to see that they're not immune to cause and effect. It should also bring them down to earth a bit if they see that people will actually leave if they keep screwing up, and make them try harder to make the game better.

That's it, people might say "haters gonna hate" or try some amateur psychology, but the truth is without people expressing what's wrong with the game nothing is gonna change.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Almost same.
    I started "hate" wow only in Cataclysm, and now I decided to not go back.
    People who accept anything in wow since they have money (and no morality it seems) are reason of what wow is going, will you deny that blizzard introduced in-game gold by real money using the latest pet system? I played wow (and occasional dota) almost exclusively for 6years, this year - 2011, while I "played" most of it I lost interest in wow, for many broken promises and the in-game wow community that really ruined the game.
    Deny as you wish and go say we - wow "haters" - are minority, check LK announce, Cata announce, and MoP announce, a guy who spend loads of cash to go blizzcon (a die hard fan surely, or just loaded with free time maybe?) said he doesn't take pandas serious, cata announce people where cheering much more than MoP (who had few to none cheer)
    I don't hate warcraft, but I hate wow in its current and going state (pokemon... and fluffy pandas), I hope for a warcraft 4 that is same quality as warcraft3, but since blizzard joined activision, they are going from bad to worse (in an interview with the ceo, he stated he actually want to raise the prices of games much more, blizzard games already costing)
    I wanted to buy for example Heart of Swarm, since they said each exp in SC will be independent from each others, now to play swarm you must get terran part first.
    Why I post here, because you can't post in official forums -even if you played over 6years and payed for months that you didn't log in- as long you don't have an active account, and also to find people with similar opinion who wish for the better of wow, I don't want wow to fall, I want it to get fixed, I have at least 2 characters with over 360 playtime that I miss, but I can't play wow with legal gold selling and pokemon and "new" talent system that is reducing prev exp talents by 50% (they have new points, but still lower than old one) and the best one: BC 5 new spells, wrath 3, cata 2, mop 1
    Oh i feel your pain also, I am in a similar boat, I didn't want to pay for Starcraft 2 until all the units were out and mutliplayer was only going to be patched.

all the broken promises made me leave also and i won't go back, Lets hope one of the new releases really does well.

And also i do hold a small hope that IF World of Warcraft ever did die, That the thousands of Fanboys who do nothing but defend Blizzard with no intelligence all drown from they're own tears.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    but the truth is without people expressing what's wrong with the game nothing is gonna change.
    Don't we all wish some of those expressing what is wrong with this game are able to do it or pretend to do it like an adult would?
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont rly know about some people but i dont think i will stop playing WoW in favor of another "WoW killer". it just wouldnt be the same

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Blizzard does a lot of things wrong. They used to be the greatest game company in the world but they've sold their ideals and passion for a lot of money when it comes to WoW. Seeing them fail is enjoyable because it's nice to see that they're not immune to cause and effect. It should also bring them down to earth a bit if they see that people will actually leave if they keep screwing up, and make them try harder to make the game better.

That's it, people might say "haters gonna hate" or try some amateur psychology, but the truth is without people expressing what's wrong with the game nothing is gonna change.
    In my mind this is a pathological thought process. You are taking enjoyment in the downfall of others, regardless of what you feel they've "done to you." Blizzard has not really changed, I hate to break it to you. They are roughly the same company they were in 2003. Do they sometimes rush things because of strict time limits imposed by Activision? (Please note that this is essentially the only thing Activision can do) Yea, See: Cataclysm. But they have the same art style, humor, and enthusiasm that they did 10 years ago. The only people that have changed are the fans. It's like people yelling that the new Duke Nukem was different than all of the others. No, it was not. We just grew up and toilet humor like that doesn't amuse us anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

Having a difference of opinion and having a discussion from both point of views is fine. The very loud vocal minority rampant negativity and hate mongering is out of hand. IMHO A rule needs to be set in place for this very action, and the mods need to go to town with that ban hammer. Then and only then will these forums start to get better. I'm waiting for all the doomsayers and negative nancies to actually follow through with their weak threats and leave. Sadly they never do and just continue to be a plague on what could be a good community.

It sure would be nice to come to the forums and have good, intellectual conversations about the game most of us still enjoy, with out shifting through many clone hate filled threads created and saying the same thing over and over by the same few.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

people prefer to be right, then to make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz View Post
    IMHO A rule needs to be set in place for this very action, and the mods need to go to town with that ban hammer. Then and only then will these forums start to get better.

Only if it looks like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    dont get it, dont understand why so many people want blizzard to fail. i always guessed it was people who are bored of wow, but want some sort of comfort from others who agree, to justify them quitting, by moaning on the forums trying to get everyone else to see their way.

Ask netflix if the minority leaving hurts or not but i hope blizzard does well, hell even if i never play again I am still thankful for the years of fun and friends i made, even met several guild members in real life from other parts of the USA and I cant complain about much. Mostly what is wrong with the game was me burning out so instead of hating and wishing bad things I just stop paying and do something else. I still feel I have the right to post my opinions here if done so within the guidelines without being bashed all to hell.