Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bots, worse than mages ferals hpals and all that COMBINED

Pmuch topic, cant hardly queue random bg anymore because of the vast amount of honor bots, and to be perfectly honest, its frustrating. And before you jump to conclusion that im just being facerolled, NO I dont need gear, and NO im not bad. And whats totally hilarious is that even in the face of irrepressible evidence, blizzard doesn't do anything about it other than cop-out and say they will investigate said claims. UGH /rant

thoughts?

I would imagine it's pretty hard to bust a bot without seeing it in action. Even then, an excuse such as "i had to run into the other room for a minute" gives them all the alibi they need.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the 600th thread on this topic.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    This is the 600th thread on this topic.

/thread
    Maybe 601 is the lucky number then *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Darcks View Post
    Maybe 601 is the lucky number then *crosses fingers*
    Lucky for what?

Nobody like bots, that's a given.

But I don't see what are you going to accomplish with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    Lucky for what?

Nobody like bots, that's a given.

But I don't see what are you going to accomplish with this thread.
    just venting, giving nonconstructive post-count mongers like you another couple posts? btw while i type a botting warrior tries to kill me LOL

unfortunately to be honest i know A LOT of players that use bots to level and gear new toons just to dick around on them who would have otherwise quit the game long ago, even running 24/7 a bot takes a little over a month to level and gear out. That's a shit ton of money from blizz's side of things and to be frank they are not going to lose money unless it becomes such a problem that they have to. becasue lets face it, you are not going to quit because of it so there is not much reason for them to give a shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad thing is I've seen bots that outperform the average player. I can't remember the name of the bot program, but I saw one play a mean Holy Paladin - it wouldn't fly in arena but it works just fine for pub BGs.

The only real way to do anything about bots is to watch them in action. Bots are generally very obvious but it takes manpower to watch the player to be sure they're botting.

i know its highly unlikely, but i would LOVE to actually see blizz doing something about it

like if there was a blizz GM on staff who was paid just to observe random bgs, and you got an zone shoutout/emote if a botter in your BG was manually punted by a GM.......

/rw <Xxxdklolxxx was ejected by GM-Tyrael for botting>

even if there was only ONE GM doing this, and the chances of him watching your BG in particular was one in a million, just the fact that something was being done, regardless of how minuscule, would make me happier on the whole botting issue
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-10-28 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Whats wrong with ferals besides their aoe?

Blizzard could probably do something like Jagex did this Tuesday. But then again they will loose a large chunk of income - Runescape activity dropped more than twice since Bot-nuking update.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    swipe is only good for the first 4 seconds of an aoe pack, because you can use one every GCD with a full bar of energy and Tiger's Fury. once you're down to swiping once you have the energy for it, the dps drops back down to regular standards. a survival hunter or demo lock will beat a Feral Druid on AOE quite easily.

Deleted
    Damn! I've been leveling My Alts for the past two months. And Damn, its like People don't know what to do! And in AB people always try to cap as many bases as possible instead of defending. Real superheroes!

Deleted
    i really hate bots :\

getting more and more in BGs that set follow onto a random target so they follow them into combat and dont get kicked. also seen ones that run to a cetrain place, dismount and then cast spells at random targets. only seen it with shadow priests so far, they seem to run to a spot, put the dots up on someone, then shield and flash heal. everytime.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzelbar View Post
    Blizzard could probably do something like Jagex did this Tuesday. But then again they will loose a large chunk of income - Runescape activity dropped more than twice since Bot-nuking update.
    what did they do exactly?

i think blizzard bans bots in waves, they wait till they got quite a lot, then ban them all in one go i think.

There is nothing worse then frost mages currently or in 4.3 of what i can see...

But yeah, bots are annoying but people generally seems to be good to reporting them AFK..

Deleted
    I highly dislike bots, even though, at times I'm a bit jealous about them though, when I'm grouped up with a bunch drooling and yelling people with 0 teamwork.

Would make the grind less of a chore. Not that I would, I'd shit my pants I might loose my account lol

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Everything else?

well, i was thinking it's just on russian realms blizzard pays no attention to bots.
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, honor botting has become pretty widespread. I had an unusual encounter with a couple of mining bots, where blizzard actually told me I was right, and that they banned the players I reported. I was pretty shocked. I guess it just depends on the GM that takes your ticket.
    My Rig:
    ASUS P8Z77-V LX, Intel i5 3570k @ 4.3 ghz, Hyper 212 EVO
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 Superclocked, G-Skill Ares 8GB DDR3 1600
    Mushkin Chronos Enhanced 120 GB SSD boot/WoW/BF3 drive, Cooler Master HAF 912 Case

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need another thread on the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE