Thread: The UFC Thread

colby covington is the one that talked shit about brazil right? and he's gonna be fighting a brazillian?

i wish i could see that one, but it's probably ppv.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should watch the Joe Rogan MMA Podcast with GSP. He talks about his future fights. There is basically one person he wants to fight and there is a long line up to fight McGregor. He also it highly depends on the status of his ulcers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ........I didn't know there was a fight last night. I thought Saturday nights were the thing........................................I'd have watched.....................

Next weekend is UFC 225. I already set my calendar so I'll be watching.
    sometimes they gotta throw everyone off with a friday fight. i think i've seen sunday too.

Alright my calendar went off. 10 mins until UFC 225. I'll prob just pull up a stream on my second monitor...I could stream it on TV but I don't feel like taking a laptop out, turning it on, finding a stream, and plugging it into my TV. Second monitor is fine. I think I only need one monitor for this work I'm doing anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

What the FUCK. I missed my nigga Overeem. He was in the prelims. They had a Heavyweight fight in the prelims.

Didn't Overeem get murdered that one time and we all went crazy over it? Why would they not put him on the main card? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I bet I'm gonna have to watch two skinny women fight tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Didn't Overeem get murdered that one time and we all went crazy over it? Why would they not put him on the main card? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I bet I'm gonna have to watch two skinny women fight tonight.
    Last time I saw overeem he was flying to moon via an upper cut from francis ngannou who btw dropped off the planet after stipe miocic dismantled him with experience

The crowd likes CM Punk. I think I'm rooting for him too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jackson not finishing the fight and being lazy is gonna stop him from any real future interest from the UFC. Hell he even lost the first round.

What did he just say about marijuana lol...?

Romda Rousey is being inducted to the UFC Hall of Fame.

This guy is fucking fat btw. Arlovski?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Jackson not finishing the fight and being lazy is gonna stop him from any real future interest from the UFC. Hell he even lost the first round.
    Ye old Dana doesnt like that kinda shit. Proven with Tyron Woodley

Holly Holm is here and it's not the main card?

- - - Updated - - -

Ewwwwwwwwwwww. Colby Covington won an interim belt and he said the "first thing he's gonna do is take the belt to the White House and putting it on Donald Trump's desk". ????????????????????

Booooooooooooooooo.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmm "Soldier of God". Why does that sound familiar.

- - - Updated - - -

OH IT'S THIS FUCKING GUY.

- - - Updated - - -

Romero's eye is fucked.

i didn't know there was gonna be fighting on tonight.

too bad i slept through it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Romero, but as soon as they announced the result I could not believe it. I definitely didn't see the score going that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I hate Romero, but as soon as they announced the result I could not believe it. I definitely didn't see the score going that way.
    Just another fight this year where they let someone over weight come in and thrash someone who has less energy and strength, but they knew they couldn't give him the decision with that situation.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Just another fight this year where they let someone over weight come in and thrash someone who has less energy and strength, but they knew they couldn't give him the decision with that situation.
    He was overweight by .2 ounces. Not 10 pounds, but 0.2 ounces. They pulled him to weigh 2 hours ahead of scheduled weigh in times. I can assume you aren’t blind either, but Romero has to put back on a lot of weight before fight time. It fucks you up pretty badly and you have less energy than you normally would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    He was overweight by .2 ounces. Not 10 pounds, but 0.2 ounces. They pulled him to weigh 2 hours ahead of scheduled weigh in times. I can assume you aren’t blind either, but Romero has to put back on a lot of weight before fight time. It fucks you up pretty badly and you have less energy than you normally would.
    Make weight or do not make weight. There is no try.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2018-06-17 at 12:55 AM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    No it was, he didn't make weight on first try. Then fighters have 2 more hours to cut weight before finally weighing in, but comission told him to weigh in when he still had 1 hour to go because they felt it was dangerous to his long term health. At least that's the official explanation, but Romero seems to be quite pissed off as he thinks he was fine.

I mean, I can understand the guy as he could most likely make the weight with 1 more hour to go. They effectively killed his career, not only he lost an opportunity to get the belt, but with second loss to Whittaker he is nowhere near getting another title shot as long as the aussie is reigning supreme.

With that being said, I think he should just move up, I don't think it is healthy for him to cut so much weight. The guy is a beast though for being 41 years old, even if I think he is slightly dirty fighter, I respect him.

10+ Year Old Account
    So TJ after all his talk is going to have to defend his belt against Cody, because DJ is a punk. Not surprised. Mighty Mouse wants to brag about how good he is and deserves bajillions of dollars even though he's not a draw, but is scared to fight anyone not naturally fighting in his weight class and also won't move up for anything. This is the difference between real fighters and show fighters.

Kinda ironic that TJ is revealed to be a money whore and DJ is revealed to be a coward. At some point, everyone shows their true colors.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Mighty Mouse is the more decorated champion. If you want to beat him. Come to his level and beat him. I don’t see any reason why he should move up. MM wants the title defence record. I mean if MM moves up, he isn’t putting his title on the line.

TJ was holding out for more money so Dana said he can fight Cody instead.

All fighters are money whores. There isn’t many people who do it because they love it anymore. They realize they’ve got a limited time to make money. So take advantage of it.

The only time I’ve seen people talk super fights is when you have two very dominant fighters in similar weight classes. It’s why GSP/Silva was a question of GSP moving up weight. McGregor moves up for the challenge. If Jones wasn’t such a train wreck of a human being. It would be Miocic/Jones instead of DC.

It comes down to MM wanting to defend his title against anyone. But in order to do that they have to come to his level. I don’t think he has any interest in trying to go to another weight class. So that isn’t being a coward. Doesn’t have to move weight classes if he doesn’t want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Mighty Mouse is the more decorated champion. If you want to beat him. Come to his level and beat him.
    That's exactly what Dillashaw was going to do, but DJ punked out. That's what I mean. He's too scared to lose his only claim to credibility, to he's not risking anything. He's boring. Exactly why he doesn't sell tickets.
    BAD WOLF